Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike County Central Lady Hawks
What do you guys think about he Lady Hawks this early in the season?
They are doing great but how many threads does PC fans have to start to establish that?
"thetribe" Wrote:They are doing great but how many threads does PC fans have to start to establish that?
I agree with you on that one!
I personally think that the girls have a great, and high chance of going to regional if not state this year! Coach Butcher, I can already tell, has changed this team for the better. You can see by the way that the girls play together that that is what's occuring.
I agree soccer. I haven't seen these girls play like a team in a long time. It's nice to see the chemistry between them.
I don't know what game you all are watching, but i just don't see that. This team is totally not impressive at all. I don't even think they will win the district title. I have watched them serveral times this year and they get worse everytime they play.
:boo:

"soccerkid7767" Wrote:I personally think that the girls have a great, and high chance of going to regional if not state this year! Coach Butcher, I can already tell, has changed this team for the better. You can see by the way that the girls play together that that is what's occuring.
They are doing very good.
"thetribe" Wrote:They are doing great but how many threads does PC fans have to start to establish that?

First of all who says that I am a pcc fan?? Second of all that is just very rude to say that becuase isnt "opinions free" on this site???
I Think They Are Playin Great Come To The Pike Central And Shebly Valley Game This Friday 12-16-05 At 7:00
First of all, a comment to Foulshot ~ Every team has had and will have good nights and bad nights ESPECIALLY in the beginning of the season. Give this team a chance to learn a new coaching style, to grow both as a team and individually as well. ALL of the Lady Hawks are still very young. Boost their moral instead of criticizing the "off nights" they may have.

Secondly, to the two East Ridge posts - you all have the worst attitude toward PC. It isn't mature or of good sportmanship to post such negative comments every time a thread is posted that pertains to PC. You have a good team as well, but you have to stop being so boastful of yourselves and so negative to your opponents.

Third, as far as the Lady Hawks are concerned. This team is looking better. They are learning as the season goes and this is the most important thing about the sport of basketball. As 8th graders, fresh and sophmores, these ladies have much time for improvement. I have been to several of their games this season and so far they have shown that they work well together as a team and Butcher is right there on the sidelines instructing them during each game. I do like the fact that he is an intense coach. I am not certain what the future holds for the end of THIS season, but I am anxious to see where this team will go in a few years.

Keep up the good work Lady Hawks - we the fans are proud of you! :Thumbs:
They seemed to have adjusted well with the changes.
About East Ridge...two posts doesn't mean that the whole East Ridge community or whatever has the worst attitude towards PC. I think it might be the other way around. You should go back and read some of the posts that your PC fans have made. Being an East Ridge fan, I must say that we have nothing for or against Pike Central. It's not like we're rivals or something. Good luck to both teams during the season.
I have read both PC posts and ER posts and there is negativity on both sides. I will agree with you there, but it is mostly yourself and tribe who post the ER comments. I am not saying in this thread that you bashed PC, but why post something like " how many threads does it take to prove that?" This is an opinion's site - threads are created to gain sports fan's opinions. With a new coach in town and a young team, this thread and others like it will be posted, but you don't have to respond as if PC is using the thread to gain positive comments. This thread I am certain was not started by Baller10203 for the team but instead for those in the 15th who are watching this newly coached team. Good luck to East Ridge - I still stick with my previous comments regarding ER's sportmanship - having watched you play with PC and Belfry - your team still has a lot to learn as well.
I think you don't know what the hell you are talking about. Sportsmanship? WTF. A lot to learn? I doubt it. PCC has made like 7 threads and all they say is, "How does Pike Central look now" and "Pike Central Lady Hawks" and blah blah blah. One thread is enough. If people want to keep the thread going, then they will post, if not just let it go. Don't go create another one every freakin day just to get the point across. Yeah Pike Central is a good team and they will go far. Good luck to them. We know. Don't bash ER and say they have something about sportsmanship or whatever. If it's not your team, then you shouldn't worry about it.
the lady hawks will have a great season, but they will just fall short from state
First of all i am not criticzing the Lady Hawks you must not know about whats going on in the sport of basketball to know that you can't play man to man on every single team on some maybe but not all. Thats what they were playing when they got beat by 30 points when they played Clay County or better yet they didn't click as a team. The only thing i see this coach doing is screaming at these girls from the sidelines. I watched them play against Lawrence County and only girls that played well together were Haley Ratliff, Paige Lowe, Kayla Lowe, Kayla Johnson and Holly Harris this group of girls clicked well together. And in order to be consistant and to make winning easier the coach needs to play these girls all the time so they can get better as the season goes on.

Big Grinrums02:
"BleedsBlue" Wrote:First of all, a comment to Foulshot ~ Every team has had and will have good nights and bad nights ESPECIALLY in the beginning of the season. Give this team a chance to learn a new coaching style, to grow both as a team and individually as well. ALL of the Lady Hawks are still very young. Boost their moral instead of criticizing the "off nights" they may have.

Secondly, to the two East Ridge posts - you all have the worst attitude toward PC. It isn't mature or of good sportmanship to post such negative comments every time a thread is posted that pertains to PC. You have a good team as well, but you have to stop being so boastful of yourselves and so negative to your opponents.

Third, as far as the Lady Hawks are concerned. This team is looking better. They are learning as the season goes and this is the most important thing about the sport of basketball. As 8th graders, fresh and sophmores, these ladies have much time for improvement. I have been to several of their games this season and so far they have shown that they work well together as a team and Butcher is right there on the sidelines instructing them during each game. I do like the fact that he is an intense coach. I am not certain what the future holds for the end of THIS season, but I am anxious to see where this team will go in a few years.

Keep up the good work Lady Hawks - we the fans are proud of you! :Thumbs:
Yeah that makes a lot of sense in December, play only the five that "are clicking" so that those that aren't can never catch up. That makes a lot of sense.
Yeah they will have a great season. Good luck to them.
Well ER fans dont like PC and that was obvious in the guys game when a few kids wanted to fight but anyways im not going to get into that...Pike Central is good against struggling teams such as Allen Central, Lawrence and such really the only quality team they have beat is East Ridge...It will be intresting to see how these girls fair over the Christmas break in the tough tournaments that await them...But good luck girls...
oh and i agree WeisGuy...Butcher is doing the right thing it is good to mix things up and try to find the chemistry that is working with such a young team...With such young player you are more apt to see one player playing well one night than another they are way more inconsistent...
Ya it makes sense that you have certain ones that can play together. As for the others that you say have to catch up they should already know what to do in case they have to sub in. And besides they shoild already know what to do.
:boosign:

"WeisGuy" Wrote:Yeah that makes a lot of sense in December, play only the five that "are clicking" so that those that aren't can never catch up. That makes a lot of sense.
I think Coach Butcher is playing the girls that tries their hardest and hustles. Kayla Johnson Has been having some good games latley. I do belive that Coach Butcher is doing the right thing
"foulshot" Wrote:Ya it makes sense that you have certain ones that can play together. As for the others that you say have to catch up they should already know what to do in case they have to sub in. And besides they shoild already know what to do.
:boosign:

Yea, I cant believe that those 12 year olds dont know already, how can they not know? Are YOU an idiot? Their bench is full of 8th graders and freshmen, which stands to reason there is some catch up to do. Wake up and stop just typing to waste time during Christmas break. Find a friend or a new hobby.
"BleedsBlue" Wrote:Secondly, to the two East Ridge posts - you all have the worst attitude toward PC. It isn't mature or of good sportmanship to post such negative comments every time a thread is posted that pertains to PC. You have a good team as well, but you have to stop being so boastful of yourselves and so negative to your opponents.

If you will look back at my posts and ask 15thRegionSlamBamma, THE biggest Hawk fan that I know, about how biased my opinions are, then you would know that I only tell the truth. I don't make negative comments towards Pike Central. I asked how many topics needed to be started about Pike Central so the fans could read them and convince themselves that they have a good team. I respect Pike Central. They have a good ball club and a great group of fans. East Ridge has a good team but the fans aren't there like they should be. No one is trying to boast about East Ridge. All I am saying is that everything that I have said, is the truth or the best opinion of mine that I can give. I try not to be biased towards one team or another. I don't have a bad attitude against PC, ask Slama. You will find that I am one of few from East Ridge that will get on here and not hype up teams or players that don't need it. I back my teams 100% and wish them the very best of luck but I am not going to lie for them or even predict them to win a game that I think that they won't...
Yeah tribe i agree you are by far the least biased maybe the only unbiased ER person on here :-)...

As for the lady Hawks they are a great team with young players they are the Diper Dandies IMO...Every one right now is doubting them but just wait till regionals run around and these girls grow up and mature...A month from now these girls team will mature so greatly that no one will even recognize them during tourny time...All these grade schoolers are use to the madness of county tournament considering every one of those girls have played in a county championship...Once crunch time comes around these girls will be prepared with swords drawn to go into battle...
"15thRegionSlamaBamma" Wrote:Yeah tribe i agree you are by far the least biased maybe the only unbiased ER person on here :-)...

As for the lady Hawks they are a great team with young players they are the Diper Dandies IMO...Every one right now is doubting them but just wait till regionals run around and these girls grow up and mature...A month from now these girls team will mature so greatly that no one will even recognize them during tourny time...All these grade schoolers are use to the madness of county tournament considering every one of those girls have played in a county championship...Once crunch time comes around these girls will be prepared with swords drawn to go into battle...

Thank you Slama. Sorry to pick you out to use as an example but I knew that you knew that I wouldn't be biased towards a team here. You can't pick out anything that I have said that would be considered so bad against Pike Central as BleedsBlue must think. They ARE a good team and they have ALOT of young yet great talent. Throughout the season they will gain experience and confidence. They will find out what they need to work on and I think that they have the determination to fix it to the best of their abilities. They will turn some heads throughout the season and be ready to play during district and probably regional.
Excuse me but didn't they play up there last year if anyone is an idiot then it is you. You need wake and smell the coffee as to what is really going on other at PCC.
Confusederved:
"Evil Twin" Wrote:Yea, I cant believe that those 12 year olds dont know already, how can they not know? Are YOU an idiot? Their bench is full of 8th graders and freshmen, which stands to reason there is some catch up to do. Wake up and stop just typing to waste time during Christmas break. Find a friend or a new hobby.
"foulshot" Wrote:I don't know what game you all are watching, but i just don't see that. This team is totally not impressive at all. I don't even think they will win the district title. I have watched them serveral times this year and they get worse everytime they play.
:boo:

I totally disagree with you foulshot. With the returning Haley Ratliff and Kayla Lowe the PC Hawks have the district title locked up. Also they have much young talent in Harris, Thompson, and Coleman.:BigLaugh:
Let's see if they fire the new coach if he doesn't win the region. Because they were regional runners up last year. If they don't win it they need a new coach because isn't that why he is there...to win the big one? STATE TOURNAMENT just like the football team. Are they getting a new coach. Wasn't that what the principal promised a state championship with the sports programs. Well IMP...get a new principal because he doesn't know a thing about sports.:please: Just ask anyone outside the click.
"15thRegionSlamaBamma" Wrote:Yeah tribe i agree you are by far the least biased maybe the only unbiased ER person on here :-)...

PC does have 3 good ones there but look...we beat them in the season and in the district. We shall do it again. What do you think we lost??? Tongueirate04:
"CrAzY711" Wrote:I totally disagree with you foulshot. With the returning Haley Ratliff and Kayla Lowe the PC Hawks have the district title locked up. Also they have much young talent in Harris, Thompson, and Coleman.:BigLaugh: