Magoffin Co. - A
South Floyd - H
Betsy Layne - A
Leslie Co - H
Open
P-burg - A
Pikeville -A

Shelby Valley 2011 Football
Foxtrot Wrote:So sad. You still haven't figured it out. Read your own posts. If only I knew as much as you do about the sport of football. I am just not as knowledgeable lmao.

What is there to figure out? I know i downgraded the coach, i remember all of my post's ? Your just trying to stay in an argument now, when there is nothing else to argue about.
Foxtrot Wrote:If he had slapped a kid he would not be teaching in that school right now. He also would not be hired at Pike Central. This is obviously not true. So you are mad that he spent money on the program. Now we know exactly who you are. Gobble gobble turkey neck.

No one seems to know what you are talking about with the gobble gobble turkey neck. But as simple as you sound, whatever turns you on. Had the money been spent with program approval and in the best interest of the program there would not have been a problem. He slapped more than one player in the weight room. I am sure those parents can give you dates and times. It is what it is and he is gone from the Valley program and the community, parents and players could not be happier.
Strikeout King Wrote:Shelby Valley

Boyd Co. - H
East Ridge - H
Pike Central - A
Jackson Co. H
Magoffin Co. - A
South Floyd - H
Betsy Layne - A
Leslie Co - H
Open
P-burg - A
Pikeville -A

Shelby Valley 2011 Football
3 tough games to start the season and 3 out of 4 on the road to end the season.......not going to be an easy way for a new coach to start out.
Good luck to Valley and the new coach! Looks like they are getting things going in the right direction .
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:3 tough games to start the season and 3 out of 4 on the road to end the season.......not going to be an easy way for a new coach to start out.

That schedule is about as easy as they come, locked up for no worse that 7-3.

Arent there like 3 teams on there that didnt win a game last year or just won 1.
There are definitely 4 or 5 games on that schedule that are not sure wins for valley.
Gummie Bear Wrote:That schedule is about as easy as they come, locked up for no worse that 7-3.

Arent there like 3 teams on there that didnt win a game last year or just won 1.

Shelby Valley only returns around 500 yards total rushing and around 650 total offense from last years team. Also of the players returning they scored 46 total points last year, a team that won only three games. They have no QB, Rec, or Lineman. Fields is the only threat to score on the whole team.

Boyd Co - L
East Ridge - L
Pcc- L
Jackson Co - W
Magoffin - L
South floyd - W
Betsy layne - L
Leslie - L
Pburg - L
Pikeville - L

This would give Shelby Valley the 4th seed in the district, and have to play either Danville or Somerset , lol ouch.

2-11 in the first season for the new Coach.
I see everyone talking about the schedule and how that SV will only win 2 or 3 games. I have news for you, Coach Stepp will have the team ready for the schedule and it is a favorable one. I am not an expert but I believe that all teams have to replace production from time to time. I will say that Stepp will find someone to take over at all the spots vacated. I will say this coach Stepp knows how to build players into the system he chooses to employ. I will make a prediction for the coming year and say that the wildcats will go Boyd Co - W
East Ridge - W
Pcc- L
Jackson Co - W
Magoffin - W
South floyd - W
Betsy layne - W
Leslie - W
Pburg - L
Pikeville - L

Just my guess but I will say 6-4 or 7-3
hardcore1 Wrote:I see everyone talking about the schedule and how that SV will only win 2 or 3 games. I have news for you, Coach Stepp will have the team ready for the schedule and it is a favorable one. I am not an expert but I believe that all teams have to replace production from time to time. I will say that Stepp will find someone to take over at all the spots vacated. I will say this coach Stepp knows how to build players into the system he chooses to employ. I will make a prediction for the coming year and say that the wildcats will go Boyd Co - W
East Ridge - W
Pcc- L
Jackson Co - W
Magoffin - W
South floyd - W
Betsy layne - W
Leslie - W
Pburg - L
Pikeville - L

Just my guess but I will say 6-4 or 7-3

You're just crazy. I'd bet my house they wont win that many games.
I can assure you Badman I am not crazy, I just offered my opinion. The truth is I am hoping for a good year from them. They may not win that many but you never know that is why they line up on Friday nights and play. Good Luck to the Cats
hardcore1 Wrote:I can assure you Badman I am not crazy, I just offered my opinion. The truth is I am hoping for a good year from them. They may not win that many but you never know that is why they line up on Friday nights and play. Good Luck to the Cats

I understand you have hope, but they just dont have any good players, They dont have any size, speed, or strength. If i were the Fields boy I would look into transferring to a team that Valley plays, PCC , ER, or Pikeville, cause If not he might lose to these teams by around 185-21.

It doesnt matter If Shelby Valley does win a district game or two, Even if theyre the 2 seed, lol they draw Lex Christian at Home. OUCH:flame:
i don't understand how everyone picks us to lose to pikeville, i mean they may be more talented... but valley always rises to the occasion in a rivalry game, much like pburg. the only difference and reason we still lose to pburg is they have amazing athletes and a great scheme on offense. now, i see nothing of the sort from pikeville.. if anything, valley takes this game down to the wire.. we may not return the worlds best offense, but all three of our interior linebackers are back, and we didn't lose many starters at all defensively..
:dontthink People DON'T sell these Valley Boys Short..you are stating yards and trash but keep in mind the boys execute plays they are taught and directed to do in the games by the coach(es). It is a new day in the Valley and we believe this season these boys are going to blow your minds..the Griffith boy as QB will prove to be a big step in the right direction...along with several other boys who can move that ball and do their jobs...mason johnson, lucas fields, logan lucas and casey case...and some big boys returning on the line with dustin charles, justin roberts, wes atkins, zack wright and austin hampton that have a lot of experience. I am telling u valley is going to see a GREAT year. The negative crap on here only gets them more pumped so keep it up. It feels good to see them pumped it has been a couple years since we have seen the love for football on this field. This coach is headed in a positive direction and it will be difficult to stop this team.
Shelby Valley just doesnt have any good players. Even if the Coach is a hard worker, he will soon realize that Valley isnt Clay Co. He may have one player on the whole team that can run under a 5 flat.

I see a really rough season, and If the schedule wasnt so easy, they wouldnt win a game.
:eyeroll: UK Football that is your opinion and to preface it with an easy schedule shows you are only setting yourself up for an excuse when these boys are winning. But you keep up your negativity towards valley. Like I said earlier it is really pumping these boys up to read your kind of crap. Bottom line is they will definitely win more games than the last couple seasons because they have a knowledgeable coach, they are getting appropriate training and will have less injuries to vital players. Go Valley Wildcats !!! Your family, fans and community will be behind you all the way while critics watch with envy.
How do you know they will have less injuries? Just curious...
Idc about the trash being said on here.
Doesnt bother me at all...unlike most, i let people know who i am.
The guys r working hard, whether you believe it or not we are going to be tough to handle. Yeah im stepping up, and plan on giving these seniors the best season they will ever have...
-Corey Griffith
Obviously you did not follow the team closely but there were several players hurt because they were not properly trained or stretched properly ..a couple may have permanent damage. The new coach as most others prior to the last two seasons know the importance of keeping players well and taking precautions by proper stretching.
Wildcat FB Parent Wrote:Obviously you did not follow the team closely but there were several players hurt because they were not properly trained or stretched properly ..a couple may have permanent damage. The new coach as most others prior to the last two seasons know the importance of keeping players well and taking precautions by proper stretching.
Hilarious!!!!! Please explain what this means? Not properly trained? Did not stretch? I would bet you can't.
Foxtrot Wrote:Hilarious!!!!! Please explain what this means? Not properly trained? Did not stretch? I would bet you can't.

Foxtrot sounds like to me this person is wanting S.V. to have a personal trainer at his/her expense so that the players can be professionally stretched and trained!

GIVE ME A BREAK! Better yet give everyone that is reading on RIVALS because that kinda sounds foolish :HitWall:
No just a little common sense on behalf of the coach. All I know is there were a few players injured who had been seen at the UK sports clinic and other professionals that stated the injury could have been prevented with proper stretching. Some of you posting have forgotten that one you told some SV folks that you signed on using more that one name so again you are the foolish one posting on the same topic using those names aka talking to yourself. If YOU seriously think that implied a personal trainer you too have no common sense.
Wildcat FB Parent Wrote:No just a little common sense on behalf of the coach. All I know is there were a few players injured who had been seen at the UK sports clinic and other professionals that stated the injury could have been prevented with proper stretching. Some of you posting have forgotten that one you told some SV folks that you signed on using more that one name so again you are the foolish one posting on the same topic using those names aka talking to yourself. If YOU seriously think that implied a personal trainer you too have no common sense.
Again with all due respect please explain what "not properly trained" means. Also you heard that a Dr. said proper stretching could have prevented some injuries. What injuries were they? You also say that some of the injuries could be permanent? I am wondering what injury caused by lack of proper stretching would be permanent? Do you dare to elaborate?
Shelby Valley will have a strong team next season.
Foxtrot when you become a REAL coach. You will understand the techniques of training/stretching players before a practice or game. No I will not name boys. When you grow up, get an education and become a REAL coach you will fully understand. For someone who doesn't seem to have respect for or give a **** about SV you sure focus alot on this topic. Move on out of the Valley and off the subject as we would tell anyone who is not good enough to be here. With all due respect...
Wildcat FB Parent Wrote:Foxtrot when you become a REAL coach. You will understand the techniques of training/stretching players before a practice or game. No I will not name boys. When you grow up, get an education and become a REAL coach you will fully understand. For someone who doesn't seem to have respect for or give a **** about SV you sure focus alot on this topic. Move on out of the Valley and off the subject as we would tell anyone who is not good enough to be here. With all due respect...
Didn't ask for names! Just as I thought. You can't elaborate on this topic. The reason is because you have no clue about proper stretching and training. Again; do you dare to attempt to explain these statements. When you make up this kind or crap you look really stupid! Gobble Gobble.
I am no physical therapist or Dr. or Shelby Valley Fan but I have heard them say that without the proper stretching and therapy certain injuries such as hamstring pulls, achilles tendon (strains, partial tears), back injuries etc. will not heal properly and prolong the return to action. I'm not sure but this may be what "Wildcat Football Parent" is talking about. With all this taken into consideration I can see the value of having a properly trained physical therapist or trainer on a high school staff. I know that many high school coaches are getting these types of people to work with their teams through the week and Friday nights and in most cases it is a community member that is willing to donate their time and effort to help out their local sports programs.
Lambert #1 Wrote:I am no physical therapist or Dr. or Shelby Valley Fan but I have heard them say that without the proper stretching and therapy certain injuries such as hamstring pulls, achilles tendon (strains, partial tears), back injuries etc. will not heal properly and prolong the return to action. I'm not sure but this may be what "Wildcat Football Parent" is talking about. With all this taken into consideration I can see the value of having a properly trained physical therapist or trainer on a high school staff. I know that many high school coaches are getting these types of people to work with their teams through the week and Friday nights and in most cases it is a community member that is willing to donate their time and effort to help out their local sports programs.
Completely agree.
Foxtrot there is no one that I have spoken to knows what in the heck you are talking about with the gobble gobble. Talking about stupid statements. You agree with what was said but you don't understand what I am saying about how a player can be injured if a coach does not have them stretching prior to intense practices or games for that matter. I am personally sick of arguing with you and have no clue why it is that you are referring to me and using terms such as gobble gobble. Seriously it makes no sense. I really would like to see this thread to be closed and one open that actually talks about the 2011 SV football players and season rather than arguing with you and your family about the lack of past coaching experience and knowledge. It is useless and the PAST. Thank goodness.
Wildcat FB Parent Wrote:Foxtrot there is no one that I have spoken to knows what in the heck you are talking about with the gobble gobble. Talking about stupid statements. You agree with what was said but you don't understand what I am saying about how a player can be injured if a coach does not have them stretching prior to intense practices or games for that matter. I am personally sick of arguing with you and have no clue why it is that you are referring to me and using terms such as gobble gobble. Seriously it makes no sense. I really would like to see this thread to be closed and one open that actually talks about the 2011 SV football players and season rather than arguing with you and your family about the lack of past coaching experience and knowledge. It is useless and the PAST. Thank goodness.
Gobble Gobble!!! You know what it means.
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next