Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher County Central 54 Lee County 41 (14th Region)
Final
Good job Bobcats and coach Danny Wright hold your heads high you never did give up when you could have before the district dont worry about what people say just play and have fun. Good luck to the seniors.
Close game 'til half way through the 4th quarter, Lee just ran out of gas. Congrats Letcher in moving on to the semi finals.
BTW, I've never seen so many travels called in a high school game.
that's 13th reg ref's they call it 14th dont.
Congrats LCC. Good game to watch though. Pittman going out for most of the 3 and begin of the 4th killed Lee IMO.
As figured, Letcher moves on and Lee County closes out season at 13-16.
Lee County played a good game, looked like they were going to win for the majority of the game! I think the turning point in this game was when Coach Wright put Pittman back in the game in the 4th quarter. Lee County had come back from 6 down in the 3rd quarter to take a 3 point lead of 37-34 with him on the bench! When he came back into the game, you could tell that he was afraid to pick up his last foul and this allowed several easier than normal shots in the paint for Letcher Central and then Lee County missed 6 free throws in a row in the 4th quarter which did not help either. But overall it was a great game, much closer than what the final score shows! KEEP YOUR HEADS UP BOBCATS!!

Congrats Cougars and good luck against Perry Central!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Letcher Co. Central 8 14 12 20 54

Lee Co. 12 10 15 4 41

14th Region at Hazard

Letcher Co. Central -- Gregory 6, Roark 18, Johnson 14, Stewart 12, Ballou 2, Neace 2.

Lee Co. -- Cornelius 2, Mays 3, Baker 3, Pittman 12, Gilbert 5, Cox 2, Marshall 4, Evans 10.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/11/23/15374...z1FVKNbn5c
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This was a great game to watch and a great atmosphere. A much closer game that what the score shows. Congrats to both teams.
Gotta love those pink shirts....and socks.
[Image: http://inlinethumb20.webshots.com/10387/...500Q85.jpg]

More pictures here.... http://sports.webshots.com/album/579839744OCckYg
Listened to the game on the radio it felt like lee was going to win until late and i agree it seemed as though lee was doing better with Pittman on the bench in this one,lee has been an up and down team this year but has a bright future as they only lose Pittman next year.
Shocked this one wasn't closer. Perry will take the Cougars down.
This one was a dog fight until late.
Congrats to both teams and good luck to Letcher.
T MAC Wrote:Listened to the game on the radio it felt like lee was going to win until late and i agree it seemed as though lee was doing better with Pittman on the bench in this one,lee has been an up and down team this year but has a bright future as they only lose Pittman next year.

That's a BIG loss, though.
Lee showed great heart in this one and gave great effort. Like someone else said, they just ran out of gas. Congrats to LCC on advancing!
T MAC Wrote:Listened to the game on the radio it felt like lee was going to win until late and i agree it seemed as though lee was doing better with Pittman on the bench in this one,lee has been an up and down team this year but has a bright future as they only lose Pittman next year.

Yes they have a bright future as the Bobcats will have 7 Seniors and 8 Juniors on the team next year!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
congrats to LCC