Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott Central 47 Letcher Central 38
Final.

Knott Central 53rd District Champs.

Congrats.
Congrats Pats
Congrats KCC
Congrats to the Pats for a good tourney and good luck in the Regional draw today.

I hate to talk about officials and am not blaming anyone's loss on them, but seriously, this had to be one of the worst called girls and boys districts ever. Are their not any good officials that can call this district or what. They were the most inconsistent I have ever seen, it's like they were just their to collect a check and go home.

Can anyone explain to me why the only game in the region going on and they couldn't send anyone better to call this very important game? I mean Don Hall has to be one of the worst in the region, he is from Knott County, his kids went their, his family lives their, how can he not have a conflict in this game? And it showed with foul trouble for the Cougars, just thought that was totally ridiculous. I can see if it was the last resort, but there were no other games going on. Just glad we are getting guys from out of the region to call our regional tourney.
Congrats ! to the Knott County Central squad on a District championship
EKYHoops Wrote:Congrats to the Pats for a good tourney and good luck in the Regional draw today.

I hate to talk about officials and am not blaming anyone's loss on them, but seriously, this had to be one of the worst called girls and boys districts ever. Are their not any good officials that can call this district or what. They were the most inconsistent I have ever seen, it's like they were just their to collect a check and go home.

Can anyone explain to me why the only game in the region going on and they couldn't send anyone better to call this very important game? I mean Don Hall has to be one of the worst in the region, he is from Knott County, his kids went their, his family lives their, how can he not have a conflict in this game? And it showed with foul trouble for the Cougars, just thought that was totally ridiculous. I can see if it was the last resort, but there were no other games going on. Just glad we are getting guys from out of the region to call our regional tourney.

I would guess it had more to do with slowing the tempo of the game up by 10 with 4 minutes left in 3rd quarter.
Or leaving you best two players on the bench with 3 fouls in the 3rd.
There were questionable calls on both ends but in my opinion the LCC coaching staff lost this game not the referees.
But what do I know I don't get paid the big money to be district runner ups.
kentuckynole Wrote:I would guess it had more to do with slowing the tempo of the game up by 10 with 4 minutes left in 3rd quarter.
Or leaving you best two players on the bench with 3 fouls in the 3rd.
There were questionable calls on both ends but in my opinion the LCC coaching staff lost this game not the referees.
But what do I know I don't get paid the big money to be district runner ups.

It was really funny how all LCC's best players were in foul trouble so early in the game! Knott County did not have to worry about committing fouls till the last few minutes of the game when the "make up the foul difference to cover our butts" started happening, ....hmmmm, strange, as both teams were playing about equally aggressive... Not saying LCC coaching decisions were the best, but wondering how this game would have turned out in a fair called game????
Congrats kcc, hopefully they can carry the momentum into region play.
Congrats Patriots!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
EKYHoops Wrote:Congrats to the Pats for a good tourney and good luck in the Regional draw today.

I do believe he lives in Leslie County and his family lives in Lexington. And, do believe his younger child played for PCC.
For anybody who doubts BB King's coaching abilities this tournament was a good indicator of why your wrong. Coach King was obviously the more expirienced coach on the sideline last night and I would say LCC is kicking themselves for not hiring him instead of Hammonds.
Benchwarmer Wrote:I do believe he lives in Leslie County and his family lives in Lexington. And, do believe his younger child played for PCC.

you would be one to know this information. hmmm Confusedhh:

as for the game, letcher should have won by double digits. poor coaching and shot selection. 10 points in the second half? pathetic.
I was at this game and LCC really had the game in their advantage until 2 Refs decided to put Stewart and Johnson on the bench, I mean and they was obvious that they wasn't fouls. But KCC in the 1st half missed 5 wide open lay-ups or dunks so it should of been closer before that. But once them 2 got on the bench KCC got back into the game.

I have watched 4 games in the 53rd district tourney, boys and girls, with the Napier guy a reffing. He has got to be the worst ref in this region. He is the most incosistent ref ever, and he really does make it look obvious with what he is doing. If I was a coach there is no way I would let that joke of a ref and a person ref.
Crazy Horse Wrote:I was at this game and LCC really had the game in their advantage until 2 Refs decided to put Stewart and Johnson on the bench, I mean and they was obvious that they wasn't fouls. But KCC in the 1st half missed 5 wide open lay-ups or dunks so it should of been closer before that. But once them 2 got on the bench KCC got back into the game.

I have watched 4 games in the 53rd district tourney, boys and girls, with the Napier guy a reffing. He has got to be the worst ref in this region. He is the most incosistent ref ever, and he really does make it look obvious with what he is doing. If I was a coach there is no way I would let that joke of a ref and a person ref.

I'm not one who will complain about refs or make excuses but I agree you with CH. Napier is one of the worst refs in the 14th if not the worst.
:fedup:the refs take everything from LCC!!
Overrated Wrote::fedup:the refs take everything from LCC!!

lol apparently it's the LCC mentality that whenever they get beat by KCC this year, someone cheated. My friend was telling me the other day that even when KCC's speech team won Region for the 21st time, someone from Letcher yelled, "THEY CHEAT!" Way to embarrass your school on that one, it doesn't take a brain surgeon to realize how good KCC is at that stuff, they compete hard even on the national level. Now they're crying about the refs in basketball. Although, glad they didn't mention anything about Academic districts, I guess after KCC won it for the 4th year in a row, they couldn't make a case anymore. But this ref business is nonsense. They beat you without Roberts, talk about an epic win.

Way to go PATS, glad you are finally starting to show your talent! Let's keep it up.
Poor coaching decisions were the ultimate reasons we lost the game.

But, having said that, we would have won the game had Napier and Sandlin not given every call that was close to the Pats. I actually thought Don Hall was probably the best of the three on the floor.

Our coach needs to pick up his game by Wednesday or Lee Co. will give the Cougars an early ticket back to Letcher County. A coach cannot dictate every pass or shot taken from the bench. He needs to turn the kids loose and let their play decide the outcome of games.
PATS2011 Wrote:lol apparently it's the LCC mentality that whenever they get beat by KCC this year, someone cheated. My friend was telling me the other day that even when KCC's speech team won Region for the 21st time, someone from Letcher yelled, "THEY CHEAT!" Way to embarrass your school on that one, it doesn't take a brain surgeon to realize how good KCC is at that stuff, they compete hard even on the national level. Now they're crying about the refs in basketball. Although, glad they didn't mention anything about Academic districts, I guess after KCC won it for the 4th year in a row, they couldn't make a case anymore. But this ref business is nonsense. They beat you without Roberts, talk about an epic win.

Way to go PATS, glad you are finally starting to show your talent! Let's keep it up.

So when someone other than KCC loses it's not OK to complain about the officials. I remember when you used to post on here a lot and EVERY TIME Knott lost, that was your excuse for their loss. I'm not bashing you but that's very hypocritical.
Aslan Wrote:So when someone other than KCC loses it's not OK to complain about the officials. I remember when you used to post on here a lot and EVERY TIME Knott lost, that was your excuse for their loss. I'm not bashing you but that's very hypocritical.

I never blamed the refs specifically for the loss. Did I say they were bad/horrible at times? Yes. Did I say they cost us the game? I can only think of one specific game that qualifies and that's questionable. But I never blamed refs specifically for any Knott Central losses. You have to be a good team and outplay bad calls. Do I believe a ref can decide a game? Yes, it has happened, we all know it can. But I don't hold any specific blame on refs for any KCC loss. Do I think we have had our fair share of bad ones, yes. But we also had our own problems. So if you ever thought I blamed refs specifically, I just cleared the air for you :Thumbs:

Oh, I was also comparing that to other times LCC said KCC cheated at something that they obviously didn't.
PATS2011 Wrote:I never blamed the refs specifically for the loss. Did I say they were bad/horrible at times? Yes. Did I say they cost us the game? I can only think of one specific game that qualifies and that's questionable. But I never blamed refs specifically for any Knott Central losses. You have to be a good team and outplay bad calls. Do I believe a ref can decide a game? Yes, it has happened, we all know it can. But I don't hold any specific blame on refs for any KCC loss. Do I think we have had our fair share of bad ones, yes. But we also had our own problems. So if you ever thought I blamed refs specifically, I just cleared the air for you :Thumbs:

Oh, I was also comparing that to other times LCC said KCC cheated at something that they obviously didn't.

dam, you owned that.
Congrats Patriots. If people just leave BB allow he will do good things for Knott County. Good job BB.

I think he is Knott Number 1 rated official.
coolfan Wrote:It was really funny how all LCC's best players were in foul trouble so early in the game! Knott County did not have to worry about committing fouls till the last few minutes of the game when the "make up the foul difference to cover our butts" started happening, ....hmmmm, strange, as both teams were playing about equally aggressive... Not saying LCC coaching decisions were the best, but wondering how this game would have turned out in a fair called game????

KCC's starting point guard had 2 fouls in the 1st quarter. This was the main reason KCC could only muster 14 points in the first half. I watched the game on Ch 24 TVS Cable Sunday Night and the only questionable call was Stewart's 2nd foul, other than that the game was an excellent officated game.
Knott Co. Central 7 7 14 19 47

Letcher Co. Central 9 13 6 10 38

53rd at Knott Co. Central

Knott Co. Central -- Adams 6, E.Hall 9, L.Hall 2, Potter 8, Shrum 13, Slone 9.

Letcher Co. Central -- Roark 7, Stewart 12, Johnson 13, Ballou 4, Gregory 2.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/11/23/15374...z1FI1oLJIO
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:KCC's starting point guard had 2 fouls in the 1st quarter. This was the main reason KCC could only muster 14 points in the first half. I watched the game on Ch 24 TVS Cable Sunday Night and the only questionable call was Stewart's 2nd foul, other than that the game was an excellent officated game.

It must have looked different on TV than in did in person. I am biased, everyone is to some degree or another for their team. I know we never get games officiated like that at our place.
High Sheriff Wrote:It must have looked different on TV than in did in person. I am biased, everyone is to some degree or another for their team. I know we never get games officiated like that at our place.
Was you at the Hazard /letcher game?
Congrats to KCC.

How's the Davis kid coming along with his injury? Wish him a speedy recovery.
jackbenimble Wrote:Was you at the Hazard /letcher game?

Yes I was. Olinger got two technicals for running his mouth, and Stewart got one for blowing a kiss. I also saw nothing called when BJ put and elbow on Logan Johnson's throat and nothing was called.
High Sheriff Wrote:Yes I was. Olinger got two technicals for running his mouth, and Stewart got one for blowing a kiss. I also saw nothing called when BJ put and elbow on Logan Johnson's throat and nothing was called.
you don't have games called like that at letcher.The crook i believe is from Letcher.