Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Packers 31 - 25 Steelers (Super Bowl 45)
Packers convert three Steelers turnovers into TDs
They are truly the best team in football!
You got to be kidding me!!!

Sad
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Stardust Wrote:Packers convert three Steelers turnovers into TDs

The turnovers were the difference in the game.
It was a good game. Not happy with the result, I can't complain about the Steelers season. Most people had them picked to finish third in the division and missing the playoffs.
Congrats Packers
Told you guys Smile
As a Bengals fan, I do not like the Steelers. But I was impressed with everything that they overcame this season.

- The Ben drama and suspension
- Troy's injuries
- Harrison being the NFL's poster boy

Yet, they overcame all of that and certainly was in position to win another championship.

Congrats to the Packers. I wanted the Packers to win. Not because I did not want the Steelers to win, but for Rodgers to get his due and forever, let me repeat F-O-R-E-V-E-R be out of Brett Favre's shadow!

I enjoyed the Super Bowl.
PIT GB
1st Downs 19 15
Passing 1st downs
11 11
Rushing 1st downs
8 4
1st downs from Penalties
0 0
3rd down efficiency
7-13 6-13
4th down efficiency
0-1 0-0
Total Plays 64 55
Total Yards 387 338
Passing 261 288
Comp-Att
25-40 24-39
Yards per pass
6.5 7.4
Rushing 126 50
Rushing Attempts
23 13
Yards per rush
5.5 3.8
Red Zone (Made-Att) 2-3 1-2
Penalties 6-55 7-67
Turnovers 3 0
Fumbles lost
1 0
Interceptions thrown
2 0
Defensive / Special Teams TDs 0 1
Possession 33:25 25:46
Stardust Wrote:As a Bengals fan, I do not like the Steelers. But I was impressed with everything that they overcame this season.

- The Ben drama and suspension
- Troy's injuries
- Harrison being the NFL's poster boy

Yet, they overcame all of that and certainly was in position to win another championship.

Congrats to the Packers. I wanted the Packers to win. Not because I did not want the Steelers to win, but for Rodgers to get his due and forever, let me repeat F-O-R-E-V-E-R be out of Brett Favre's shadow!

I enjoyed the Super Bowl.

You thought the steelers was going to win the entire time.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:You thought the steelers was going to win the entire time.

Yeah, so what does that have to do with my post?
Stardust Wrote:Yeah, so what does that have to do with my post?

Nothing. I just needed to quote one of ur post to emphasize i was talking to you Smile
OK, I did think the Steelers were going to win. I thought that from the very beginning. Didn't mean I wanted them to win.
Congratulations to Green Bay on the big win. They overcame a bad personal foul(face mask) call early in the third quarter and continued to sustain the lead and pull out the win.
Well..as much as it absolutely kills me to post on here, following a Super Bowl loss, first let me congratulate the Green Bay Packers. They are a first class organization, with a solid coaching staff, solid players, and a great group of fans. Although losing a Super Bowl is always terrible, if I had to pick a team other than my own, it would be the Packers. Aaron Rodgers is just plain fantastic. He made huge throws all game, and was the victim of some big drops too. The Packer receivers played a solid game too, minus the drops. NOW, for my beloved Pittsburgh Steelers. They giftwrapped 21 points to the champs. I will go to my grave not blaming Big Ben. The two picks were not his fault. The first one, he got hit as he threw it. Had he not gotten hit, Mike Wallace would have danced into the endzone. The second pick was the result of a great defensive play. Rashards fumble just cannot happen. Not at that stage of the game. In Green Bay territory, down by four points, with the games momentum on your side. You just cant do that. When we held GB to a field goal with 2 minutes to go, I felt good. I have supreme confidence in Ben Roethlisberger, and our receivers, and I always will. Tonight was just Green Bays night. I am satisfied with our season. I dont think anybody in America gave this team a chance to go to the Super Bowl. Most had us picked third in the AFC North. This team overcame a BUNCH, and came within a drive of winning its 7th Super Bowl trophy. But congrats to the Green Bay Packers on winning tonight. Next year though, the Pittsburgh Steelers will get that seventh trophy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I can't put into words how happy I am that the Steelers and their yellow rags didn't win the gold.
At least my sports weekend wasn't a total wash. Good going GB.
Yeah!

Aaron Rodgers is the new elite QB in the league.
Good season for my Steelers! Although they didnt get #7 as I thought. Im proud of them for playing hard and not giving up (Which is all any card member of Steeler Nation can ask of them). Just too many mistakes made against a good Green Bay team. Now, as always, GO STEELERS!!!
Pittsburgh did too many little mistakes, it's like they hadn't been there before.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Well..as much as it absolutely kills me to post on here, following a Super Bowl loss, first let me congratulate the Green Bay Packers. They are a first class organization, with a solid coaching staff, solid players, and a great group of fans. Although losing a Super Bowl is always terrible, if I had to pick a team other than my own, it would be the Packers. Aaron Rodgers is just plain fantastic. He made huge throws all game, and was the victim of some big drops too. The Packer receivers played a solid game too, minus the drops. NOW, for my beloved Pittsburgh Steelers. They giftwrapped 21 points to the champs. I will go to my grave not blaming Big Ben. The two picks were not his fault. The first one, he got hit as he threw it. Had he not gotten hit, Mike Wallace would have danced into the endzone. The second pick was the result of a great defensive play. Rashards fumble just cannot happen. Not at that stage of the game. In Green Bay territory, down by four points, with the games momentum on your side. You just cant do that. When we held GB to a field goal with 2 minutes to go, I felt good. I have supreme confidence in Ben Roethlisberger, and our receivers, and I always will. Tonight was just Green Bays night. I am satisfied with our season. I dont think anybody in America gave this team a chance to go to the Super Bowl. Most had us picked third in the AFC North. This team overcame a BUNCH, and came within a drive of winning its 7th Super Bowl trophy. But congrats to the Green Bay Packers on winning tonight. Next year though, the Pittsburgh Steelers will get that seventh trophy.

None of the three turnovers were necessarily the Steelers fault and credit MUST be given to the Packers. As you said on the Picks, the Green Bay defense made those plays happen. On the first, the Steelers new center was beat badly on a flat out Bull Rush by the Packers D Line. Ben was buried in and the defender made a great play to get to Ben and clip his arm. On the 2nd Pick, the defensive back came from no where and at perfect timing, literally took the reception out of the receivers hands. Both of those were excellent plays.

And on the fumble, you want the Running Back to hold possession. But you have to give Clay Matthews credit. He made an outstanding hit. That hit won the game for the Packers and was needed in order to turn the momentum back to the Packers.

I don't like Ben, but the INT were not his fault. On the fumble, I give Matthews all the credit for the hit.
J-Rod Wrote:Yeah!

Aaron Rodgers is the new elite QB in the league.

We said this same thing about Drew Brees after he got his Super Bowl last year. I hope for Rodgers sake, he can follow-up with another great season.
Stardust Wrote:None of the three turnovers were necessarily the Steelers fault and credit MUST be given to the Packers. As you said on the Picks, the Green Bay defense made those plays happen. On the first, the Steelers new center was beat badly on a flat out Bull Rush by the Packers D Line. Ben was buried in and the defender made a great play to get to Ben and clip his arm. On the 2nd Pick, the defensive back came from no where and at perfect timing, literally took the reception out of the receivers hands. Both of those were excellent plays.

And on the fumble, you want the Running Back to hold possession. But you have to give Clay Matthews credit. He made an outstanding hit. That hit won the game for the Packers and was needed in order to turn the momentum back to the Packers.

I don't like Ben, but the INT were not his fault. On the fumble, I give Matthews all the credit for the hit.
That was a textbook tackle by Matthews. It was a great hit.
Stardust Wrote:We said this same thing about Drew Brees after he got his Super Bowl last year. I hope for Rodgers sake, he can follow-up with another great season.

Drew brees had an amazing season when he won his superbowl. And should have been season mvp.
Strikeout King's bandwagon jump was a complete fail hahaha...
Turnovers was the difference by far. You can't expect to have 3 turnovers and win when the other team has ZERO. I want to say Congrats to the Packers for having the Lomardi Trophy back in Green Bay, but I am still sick to my stomach because we should of won and we are the better team. But turnovers is apart of football. We can't win them all. Other then the first drive by Green Bay, whenever they got kicked-off to or punted to, they only scored 10 points. Steelers defense came up with great stops and actually outplayed the Packers defense, but ours never forced any turnovers. Next year when we get everyone back, Aaron Smith and Pouncey, we should be back. Cause we have the best defense in ALL OF FOOTBALL. We just need to improve our Wide Reciever Core to help Big Ben
Ballers Wrote:Strikeout King's bandwagon jump was a complete fail hahaha...

It Was Wasnt it!

Crazy Horse Wrote:Turnovers was the difference by far. You can't expect to have 3 turnovers and win when the other team has ZERO. I want to say Congrats to the Packers for having the Lomardi Trophy back in Green Bay, but I am still sick to my stomach because we should of won and we are the better team. But turnovers is apart of football. We can't win them all. Other then the first drive by Green Bay, whenever they got kicked-off to or punted to, they only scored 10 points. Steelers defense came up with great stops and actually outplayed the Packers defense, but ours never forced any turnovers. Next year when we get everyone back, Aaron Smith and Pouncey, we should be back. Cause we have the best defense in ALL OF FOOTBALL. We just need to improve our Wide Reciever Core to help Big Ben

If greenbay would have made some easy catches this would have easily been a 14+ win.
Can't wait for Pittsburgh to have a healthy season. Yes, Green Bay dropped a couple of passes, but if Pittsburgh don't turn the ball over, Green Bay doesn't stay on the field as much as they did and they do not get the opportunity to catch some of them passes.

The key to the game was the fumble at the start of the 4th quarter. If Pittsburgh does not fumble, I believe they win the game because they were driving for a score.

Congrats Green Bay, and Aron Rodgers. Finally getting a ring, but in my eyes he will never get out from under the Favre shadow.
Everyone talking about Pittsburgh getting healthy. What about Green Bay. They were ravaged by injuries and still won the Super Bowl.
WALL2WALL Wrote:Can't wait for Pittsburgh to have a healthy season. Yes, Green Bay dropped a couple of passes, but if Pittsburgh don't turn the ball over, Green Bay doesn't stay on the field as much as they did and they do not get the opportunity to catch some of them passes.

The key to the game was the fumble at the start of the 4th quarter. If Pittsburgh does not fumble, I believe they win the game because they were driving for a score.

Congrats Green Bay, and Aron Rodgers. Finally getting a ring, but in my eyes he will never get out from under the Favre shadow.

So, you are completely discounting the three dropped passes that would have been TDs on drives that Green Bay ultimately punted on? You could what-if this all you want, but I certainly would not use the "Healthy Card".

Green Bay had more starting players in the NFL on the sidelines during the 2010 season. So I'm pretty sure that Green Bay fans are sitting there saying "wow, we won a Super Bowl with half of our projected 2010 roster on the sideline, wait till next year"