Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 61 - East Ridge 46
wow surprised pikeville won by this many, will Bart Williams get his first Regional Title as a head coach? I believe this is the best team he has had since the 06 season
PantherTradition Wrote:Taylor Ratliff played huge in the first half. Really opened up the middle. Ethan Rowe played big. He is coming into his own. The student section was outstanding. Mocking ER's coach is one of the funniest things I have ever seen.:Thumbs:

Yeah, I heard Taylor was "explosive." We have had several laughs, especially the overweight kid that always wore his mom's spandex. But we kept that to ourselves. But it was funny.

And making fun of someone else, yep, your outstanding. It only proves the point, the hype that you are generating is not of a positive nature. Does this qualify you as outstanding? Do you really think that your pep section is a class act? You're simply rude and show no class. And the hail Pikeville bit, Prestonsburg used that when I was in high school. Get some new material and use it in a positive manner and people will stopping talking about how rude your student section is. It's just a matter of time until someone is going to be eating some crow. But until then carry on "but he that laughs last, laughs loudest."
Go Team Wrote:This response is for StantheFan -- you have a nasty attitude toward these children. You know -- Jake is someone's child. I think the name calling is unnecessary and shows your level of immaturity. It is usually the person with the most problems and insecurities -- that tries to belittle and hurt others. Jake is a child and this is just a game. Grow up and get a life.

Also, Pikeville claims their BACK. Where has Pikeville been? Did Shelby Valley embarrass them so bad in the past 5 years that they had to go and hide? I believe if I was a Pikeville student or fan I would be ashamed to admit it. You people have it posted on this site and all over the your gym -- broadcasting it to everyone. Bart Williams is a good coach. Don't embarrass him and his coaching staff for having little to no faith or pride in your program. Stay home and keep your mouth shut if you can't positively support your program at all times.

Sorry,, I do appologize if I offended a child by using the nickname mentioned above,, But the ER cheering section had a big sign with it on there so I assumed he was fine with it.. But he did quit the second half of the game.. nickname no nickname,, parent, student, friend, whatever, accept the loss with a little dignity and be gald you just have to lose to us one more time this year.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Pikeville has more tradition in its storage closet than your Hawks will see in the next 30 years.

How many regional championships in Boys' sport in the past 20 years? Zero. Oh, that's right.

i dont believe pike central has been in existence for 20 years my friend. i also dont believe pikeville has won a regional title in a while themselves. I dont believe Pikeville will ever be much of anything, this year they do have a good basketball team i will give them that but what else do they have? can you please telll me?
mister... basketball Wrote:i dont believe pike central has been in existence for 20 years my friend. i also dont believe pikeville has won a regional title in a while themselves. I dont believe Pikeville will ever be much of anything, this year they do have a good basketball team i will give them that but what else do they have? can you please telll me?

As always one of the top baseball teams in the region, possibly state this year. Just like last year.
Commanche Wrote:As always one of the top baseball teams in the region, possibly state this year. Just like last year.

if you wanna get into a baseball conversation, i do believe paintsville has more regional championship appearances and state tournament appearances than pikeville, but umm let me know if im wrong. i would also like to know when any other sport at pikeville has been a contender for any title in the past 10 years or so.
mister... basketball Wrote:if you wanna get into a baseball conversation, i do believe paintsville has more regional championship appearances and state tournament appearances than pikeville, but umm let me know if im wrong. i would also like to know when any other sport at pikeville has been a contender for any title in the past 10 years or so.

Obviously you are confused or uninformed. Just LAST YEAR Pikeville Baseball lost in the State Semis 3-2 to Louisville Butler, who lost the Championship to Harrison County 2-1. In the last 10 years Pikeville has been ranked 3 times in the State top 25 as high as 12. Pikeville has 3 Regional titles in that span compare to 1 for Paintsville. Obviously you know nothing about Baseball in the area.:HitWall:
mister... basketball Wrote:i dont believe pike central has been in existence for 20 years my friend. i also dont believe pikeville has won a regional title in a while themselves. I dont believe Pikeville will ever be much of anything, this year they do have a good basketball team i will give them that but what else do they have? can you please telll me?

Really wanna do this?

In the last 20 years take Pike Central and its schools before (JC, Mullins, Kimper) and count up all the titles. Add em all up and get back to me. Shouldn't take long.

In that same time period, Pikeville has 8 baseball regional championships, a football runner-up with multiple regional championships, one regional basketball championship, 5 or more golf regional championships, and multiple track regional championships. I just saw the 10 years part. Even if you want to do that it still isnt close.

Don't bring other schools into this. It is a PHS-PC debate. Some hawk called Pikeville out and my response was that the PC faithful have no ground to stan on in that battle.
Thread closed. Nobody is talking about the game anymore. The "We're back" stuff and "tradition" talk is breeding more ignorance that debate. A lot of you need to grow up.

If you want to start a discussion on student sections, tradition, rivalries, football, baseball, etc. then start a new thread.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]