Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wayne Mills named new head coach at Bell County
redstorm Wrote:This is the stupid statement i have ever read

sarcasm usually does sound stupid.
johnnyt Wrote:khsaa goes back to 98 and since then they had one 6-5 season in 2000 and a 8-2 season (which was after hilton returned). after that 9+ wins. not sure about the 97 season or before.

Here's the page you are looking for:

http://www.khsaa.org/records/football/fb...byyear.pdf

1999 9-3
1998 10-2
1997 9-5
1996 12-2
1995 10-2
1994 11-2
1993 13-1
1992 13-1
1991 10-5
1990 13-1

:Thumbs:
Not for sure, but at one time someone told me that Bell was one of the winningest program in the state. I would love to see the top 5 winningest programs in the 90's and in the 2000's.
redstorm Wrote:Not for sure, but at one time someone told me that Bell was one of the winningest program in the state. I would love to see the top 5 winningest programs in the 90's and in the 2000's.

I would think that even if you counted playoff games that Bell would be in the top 5 or 7 if you were to add all classes together.
If i recall correctly KC beat Bell in 97 at Bell. And it is the only victory in my lifetime that I can recall. Also I remember than Hilton was down in Bourbon County winning a state title. I'm not saying Bell co isn't a great program but Hilton built and maintained the program when he left it wasn't exactly the same as when he was there. There is only one Dudley Hilton and he was an amazing football coach, one of the best KY has ever seen if not the best. Coach Mills is a very good football coach and I used to have quite a bit of respect for him, that respect has definitely diminished, but the fact he is a good caoch hasn't. I don't think he is the same caliber coach as Hilton but his career is young and maybe he will be. Bell will be a good program for the next couple years for sure as they have a very good sophmore class. I know that their number have been down in thier freshamn class and 8th grade as well. Also I know that KCMS has beaten them 3 out of 4 times and Bell also forfeited another game in the last two seasons at the middle school level. KCMS was in the final four this year and are sending somewhere between 20-30 8th graders,who are already working out. That bunch has lost maybe 2 games to Bell since they have been in kindergarten. I know in the past KC has dominated Bell in jr. league and lost at high school but that was when dudley was there. We will see if that continues
i dont think bell is even in the top 15 in wins all time of the state. since 1990 sure but there were alot of games played before then and bell didnt really have a many good teams before the 90's. i
Bell is not even the top 20. Before Hilton arrived not many wins at all.

Area teams;
Danville 5th
Somerset 8th
Middlesboro 10th
Hazard 14th
Paintsville 17th

Highlands #1
[Image: http://matchbin-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/...ills_1.JPG]

Mills called the Bell head coaching post the “best job in the state of Kentucky.”

“This is the pinnacle of my life as far as my coaching career goes,” he said. “This is where I want to be and I appreciate the opportunity

full story here http://www.middlesborodailynews.com/view...eft_column
WhyLie Wrote:Bell is not even the top 20. Before Hilton arrived not many wins at all.

Area teams;
Danville 5th
Somerset 8th
Middlesboro 10th
Hazard 14th
Paintsville 17th

Highlands #1

Whylie, they were asking about the 90's and 2000's. I would be willing to bet that Bell is in the top 5 in the 90's
I misunderstood....I'm sure they are. Hilton is the all time winningest Coach. I'm sure Bell is in the top 5.:Thumbs:
In another thread somewhere a while back, someone listed the most winning teams from the 90s and the 2000s.
i would have to think Bell would be in there in the 00's somewhere but i wouldnt think they would be ahead of Trinity, St. X, and definitely not highlands. Maybe top 10.
Looks like since 1990 St. X 244, Beechwood 244, Trinity 243, Danville 239, Bell 237, FTH 233.
Forgot Mayfield at 240. Also if you give FTH the 12 forfeits back they will have 245.
Just for grins and giggles: Boyle has 212 wins in that time frame. (Those '90,'91 and '93 seasons hurt going 6-15 in those three years.)

The Rebels were #2 in the '00's to Trinity with 121 wins.
Any news on assistants and the OC and DC responsibilities? Has Coach Mills made any of those decisions as of yet?
Good luck
WhyLie Wrote:Bell is not even the top 20. Before Hilton arrived not many wins at all.

Area teams;
Danville 5th
Somerset 8th
Middlesboro 10th
Hazard 14th
Paintsville 17th

Highlands #1

Where did you get those numbers? I was under the impression Male had more wins than FTH.

Good luck to Bell.
khsaa.org

Football records.....Male has moved to #2
RichBrooks Wrote:If i recall correctly KC beat Bell in 97 at Bell. And it is the only victory in my lifetime that I can recall. Also I remember than Hilton was down in Bourbon County winning a state title. I'm not saying Bell co isn't a great program but Hilton built and maintained the program when he left it wasn't exactly the same as when he was there. There is only one Dudley Hilton and he was an amazing football coach, one of the best KY has ever seen if not the best. Coach Mills is a very good football coach and I used to have quite a bit of respect for him, that respect has definitely diminished, but the fact he is a good caoch hasn't. I don't think he is the same caliber coach as Hilton but his career is young and maybe he will be. Bell will be a good program for the next couple years for sure as they have a very good sophmore class. I know that their number have been down in thier freshamn class and 8th grade as well. Also I know that KCMS has beaten them 3 out of 4 times and Bell also forfeited another game in the last two seasons at the middle school level. KCMS was in the final four this year and are sending somewhere between 20-30 8th graders,who are already working out. That bunch has lost maybe 2 games to Bell since they have been in kindergarten. I know in the past KC has dominated Bell in jr. league and lost at high school but that was when dudley was there. We will see if that continues

I guess we will all have say "what if", Mills has backed out of the game. Sad day when Bell backs away from Knox.
Bell did fall while Greer was at the reins. Mills is an entirely different coach. Although both are great coaches, Mills has better people skills and will mesh better with the kids. Greer is a master mind when it comes to football but lacks in the people skills. Dud's strong point was motivation. He could actually get blood out of a turnip by just asking the turnip for it. Mills knows the traditions at Bell. He's been under the "motivator" and knows what it takes. That along with the outstanding assistant coaches that are all good friends of Mills will make for a mesh and "everybody on the same page" coaching unit that will propel Bell to a higher level. The kids at Bell now, know what the task at hand is and are excited that Mills is there. A lot of these kids know him and trust him and will do anything he asks. I think many will be surprised at the caliber of football that is ahead. I look for more kids to show interest in the program now because there will be more interest in the kids.
I agree for the most part. Still so many questions to be answered. All assistants are friends with Mills. Big question is who will call the off. I guess Mills will do the def. This will be a HUGE decision for Mills. Will they let him hire or will it come within. Look at all the def. coaches on that staff. Greer, DC last year and IMO will be back.....Hoskins DC when Greer took a year off and a very good one. Crawford ..don't know what he coached at Middlesboro..last year with the OL. No true offense guy there right now.

Still some big questions there. With the loss of 9 of the 11 on def may be a good thing. Players are here no question.....but keeping assistants happy and there will be big.
I heard the assistants are all happy with the hire, that they are all staying. I agree with Southeast Bluegrass he is about the kids and when they know that you will see more of them out wanting to play. I am excited to see this Bobcat season start!
I have talked to most and they are happy with the hire. Assignments for them is what I was asking. Will Greer do the offense this year, he has been the DC. Maybe Mills does the offense and he stays with the D. Just waiting to here assignments ....it may be awhile before Mills is done with what he wants. Just looking at who will do what?
WhyLie Wrote:I have talked to most and they are happy with the hire. Assignments for them is what I was asking. Will Greer do the offense this year, he has been the DC. Maybe Mills does the offense and he stays with the D. Just waiting to here assignments ....it may be awhile before Mills is done with what he wants. Just looking at who will do what?

Greer will not be coaching anymore.
If you only could believe what you are typing!!

Greer has said that to many times. He will be there, it may be two weeks before the season starts , but he will be there.
Why has Greer been running the DC position? I thought thats what Fred Hoskins has been doing. Why not keep Greer on the offense side and let Hoskins do what he does best and run the defense?
Bell Co has proved over and over they just reload. Look at what we lost after the 2008 season and backed it up with a State Semi loss at Boyle Co by a FG with 4 sec left in 2009.
WhyLie Wrote:If you only could believe what you are typing!!

Greer has said that to many times. He will be there, it may be two weeks before the season starts , but he will be there.

You cant blame him lol.
Greer is about as believable as a wolf sleeping with a sheep.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Bell Co has proved over and over they just reload. Look at what we lost after the 2008 season and backed it up with a State Semi loss at Boyle Co by a FG with 4 sec left in 2009.

You have no arguement there. Players are there. We are talking about coaches. What will they be coaching?

Hoskins was going to run the defense ...then last minute Greer came back. Seems to do that a lot and see no change this year. He does a good job with the def, I'm not saying he shouldn't.
WhyLie Wrote:If you only could believe what you are typing!!

You can mark it down and believe me I know Greer will not be coaching at Bell next season. You just wait and see.