Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wayne Mills named new head coach at Bell County
This was not an under the table deal on this job. It was not decided in Dec. It was not decided a month ago. It was decided 2 days ago. Lots of Bell fans, coaches and players hoped that Mills would be the choice. But I can assure you nobody that counted in the decision knew what the choice would be until it was made.

To think it was done long ago is very naive and frankly ignorant. That would be a disrespect to all involved Bell admin, other applicants and Coach Mills himself.
Wayne Mills is a good man, I truly believe... That being said, he did tell me and a lot of other people he was not going, he was happy at Knox, they (Bell) hadn't offered/talked to him, and then he had to do what was best for his family. This my friends is the classic case of "I feel like crap, can't tell the truth cause I have been so supported, but I feel like I can win a State Championship cause Bell dropped to a lower class of football" that I have ever seen in my life. Again, that being said, Wayne Mills is still a good man, just didn't handle a situation that right way, period. I would be there for him if he ever needed me, and the remains that way now and forever. I do wish Wayne the best, the best that I can wish him. He did walk out on us, regardless of the reason. Bell surely knew this all the time, just had to work out the politics of it all...

Either way though, both teams will be ok. Knox is on the mend, just as Bell. Knox will get a coach, and we hope Scott Russell is the man. Of course, Scott is complimented by Jeremy Napier and Chaz Martin and a host of other supporters who offer help from time to time.
I agree. It was not a "shady" play on Bell's or Wayne's part. Both are top notch. Wayne is an honorable man and doesn't deserve all of this negative talk surrounding him. Did I want him to be Bell's coach? Yes. Would I have thought less of him if he didn't come? No. Friendships are bigger than football, and I think some could take a lesson in that.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:This was not an under the table deal on this job. It was not decided in Dec. It was not decided a month ago. It was decided 2 days ago. Lots of Bell fans, coaches and players hoped that Mills would be the choice. But I can assure you nobody that counted in the decision knew what the choice would be until it was made.

To think it was done long ago is very naive and frankly ignorant. That would be a disrespect to all involved Bell admin, other applicants and Coach Mills himself.

Yea right lol. You dont seriously think anyone believes that do you?
Im sure Mills was asked by some of the Bell insiders (maybe not admin.) and he knew he was leaving Knox the day after Dudley left Bell.
It would be NAIVE to believe that he was only acccepted for the job two days ago. They would have announced his arrival the day dudley quit but could not legally do that due to the job having to be posted.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Yea right lol. You dont seriously think anyone believes that do you?
Im sure Mills was asked by some of the Bell insiders (maybe not admin.) and he knew he was leaving Knox the day after Dudley left Bell.
It would be NAIVE to believe that he was only acccepted for the job two days ago. They would have announced his arrival the day dudley quit but could not legally do that due to the job having to be posted.

I have not said much about this, but have followed the thread for several weeks. However, when a poster accuses the Bell administration and others of being dishonest, I want to respond. I know personally that this decision was labored over and not final until just a couple of days ago. If you are one of the people on this board who has conducted yourself in a civilized manner during this process, you can PM me and I will respond if you want more details... but I can promise you that this was not a "done deal" from the start. I am incredibly impressed in fact, with the Bell administration and how they conducted this entire process. The people that work at Bell County High work for some amazingly thoughtful and integritous leaders.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Yea right lol. You dont seriously think anyone believes that do you?

He may have been asked by insiders, but the admin ultimately makes the decision. I think it might be naive to not think he was a front runner through the whole process, but I promise others were given fair concideration. Had it been the done deal you describe it as, the announcement would have come much sooner. I for one am very happy with the hire, and think it will prove to be a wise move for Coach Mills.

I hate it for Knox, I know they will miss him. He is a fine man and a heck of a football coach in that order. I don't think hiring his replacement will be an easy task.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:This was not an under the table deal on this job. It was not decided in Dec. It was not decided a month ago. It was decided 2 days ago. Lots of Bell fans, coaches and players hoped that Mills would be the choice. But I can assure you nobody that counted in the decision knew what the choice would be until it was made.

You don't believe that!!!! I know you don't.
CoachA Wrote:I have not said much about this, but have followed the thread for several weeks. However, when a poster accuses the Bell administration and others of being dishonest, I want to respond. I know personally that this decision was labored over and not final until just a couple of days ago. If you are one of the people on this board who has conducted yourself in a civilized manner during this process, you can PM me and I will respond if you want more details... but I can promise you that this was not a "done deal" from the start. I am incredibly impressed in fact, with the Bell administration and how they conducted this entire process. The people that work at Bell County High work for some amazingly thoughtful and integritous leaders.

Im not saying the Bell administration didnt handle it correctly. I stated that.
But you and i both know that every single person on that board wanted Mills hired and if he accepted the job, which he did, that no one else would be really considered for the job.
Bell has been wanting this guy since dudley quit. And they got him by doing so legally and by regulation, which i applaud them for that. But you and i both know it was Mills' job for the taking.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:you and i both know that every single person on that board wanted Mills hired and if he accepted the job

And I am telling you that you don't know what you are talking about. The board was split and passionately so. I can promise you that I am closer to this than you are. Your implication that the entire board wanted one coach and it was a lock from square one... and no other coach had a shot unless Mills backed out is inaccurate.

With that said, Bell hired a great coach... congrats to coach Mills and Bell County.
CoachA Wrote:And I am telling you that you don't know what you are talking about. The board was split and passionately so. I can promise you that I am closer to this than you are. Your implication that the entire board wanted one coach and it was a lock from square one... and no other coach had a shot unless Mills backed out is inaccurate.

With that said, Bell hired a great coach... congrats to coach Mills and Bell County.

You are closer to the program than i am and im sure you do really know the situation.
However, how many of those board members knew they wanted mills and would hire him without maybe saying so.
I'm just saying man. I believe he was the obvious pick from day one. I dont know why the new coach thread went on like it did. I honestly believe they would have chose mills over any coach in the entire state. For example i think Paul rains is a lot better coach and there are a lot of people who would agree with me. But according to a lot of posters on here bell wasnt even interested in looking at him. What does that say about the situation.
just my opinion.
Anyone know who all applied for the job?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Anyone know who all applied for the job?

Yea.
^
Care to elaborate? or is that another one of the many private super secrets that cannot be shared?
Congrats to Bell County for landing a great coach. I know some of Knox faithful didn't see this coming but everyone outside of Knox knew Mills would be crazy to turn down a program like Bell County. That's not a knock on Knox at all either.
Bell will be fine...but Mills just cut 10 years of his life due to stress and over worked to keep Bel,l Bell,,,I pray that bell will appericate his work and guts to tackle this job, it wont be as easy as it was for Dudley, the waters parted for Dudley, Mills will have to leave a 20ft fish tail behind him to get the same results, and he will..

My advice to Mill's, get plenaty of Life insurance, add me as a benafactor, for the free financial planning, Start high blood pressure medicane now.

Eat alot of greens and drink alot of water. You will need it.
VikingFan Wrote:Bell will be fine...but Mills just cut 10 years of his life due to stress and over worked to keep Bel,l Bell,,,I pray that bell will appericate his work and guts to tackle this job, it wont be as easy as it was for Dudley, the waters parted for Dudley, Mills will have to leave a 20ft fish tail behind him to get the same results, and he will..

My advice to Mill's, get plenaty of Life insurance, add me as a benafactor, for the free financial planning, Start high blood pressure medicane now.

I can assure you that the waters have not parted for Dudley at Bell in a long time. Mills will work hard but he will do that because thats what he does, not to keep up with the JOES.
VikingFan Wrote:Bell will be fine...but Mills just cut 10 years of his life due to stress and over worked to keep Bel,l Bell,,,I pray that bell will appericate his work and guts to tackle this job, it wont be as easy as it was for Dudley, the waters parted for Dudley, Mills will have to leave a 20ft fish tail behind him to get the same results, and he will..

If you believe it was easy for Bell to win the last 5-6 yrs or past 20+ years you are crazy. Lots and lots of hard work by lots and lots of players and coaches got those results. Nothing came easy. I would be willing to bet the Bell Co. Football program works harder or as hard as anyone else in the state. Dudley was a HUGE part but not the only part. Coach Mills brings those same qualities to the job.

So many comics in the area. How much stress do you think it was to dig KCHS football out of the grave these past 7 years? How many others have done that in the past say 30 years or so? He must be able to do something right. We'll take him at Bell and be happy with the decision.
Multi Tasker Wrote:Wayne Mills is a good man, I truly believe... That being said, he did tell me and a lot of other people he was not going, he was happy at Knox, they (Bell) hadn't offered/talked to him, and then he had to do what was best for his family. This my friends is the classic case of "I feel like crap, can't tell the truth cause I have been so supported, but I feel like I can win a State Championship cause Bell dropped to a lower class of football" that I have ever seen in my life. Again, that being said, Wayne Mills is still a good man, just didn't handle a situation that right way, period. I would be there for him if he ever needed me, and the remains that way now and forever. I do wish Wayne the best, the best that I can wish him. He did walk out on us, regardless of the reason. Bell surely knew this all the time, just had to work out the politics of it all...

Either way though, both teams will be ok. Knox is on the mend, just as Bell. Knox will get a coach, and we hope Scott Russell is the man. Of course, Scott is complimented by Jeremy Napier and Chaz Martin and a host of other supporters who offer help from time to time.

I'm sure you would have been more happy with yeah if they ask i'm thinking about going its a possibility. He did a fine task there from what I can see and put you all in a good position for a new coach.
Whats the 2011 schedule for Bell?
Unfortunately, it will not include Knox. Not our choice. THAT I PROMISE.

Our Seniors and the Seniors at Bell deserve their chance to play on that stage. No other game will generate revenue, pride, intensity, community support and provide a life long experience these guys will never forget like that game. I don't care if the "Generals" are not comfortable with the battle. The soliders pay the price and should get that chance to play.
This isn't much of a surprise, nor should it ever have been.
What!!!!!!!!!!! Bell will not play Knox??????????

That is a shame. Can someone tell me why that is ?

Bell has never ......well!!!!!
I don't think they have made a decision yet on the game? Bell would be favored anyway. Look at the result of the playoff game and the players returning. Bell lost a bunch but so did KC. KC lost most of their defense and some good offensive players in Bailey, Turpin, T. Canady and some big OL. Bell returns most of their OL and DL a Great group of RB's and some very good defensive players that played a lot of football.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:I don't think they have made a decision yet on the game? Bell would be favored anyway. Look at the result of the playoff game and the players returning. Bell lost a bunch but so did KC. KC lost most of their defense and some good offensive players in Bailey, Turpin, T. Canady and some big OL. Bell returns most of their OL and DL a Great group of RB's and some very good defensive players that played a lot of football.
I totally agree that Bell would be the heavy favorite. Knox has never beaten them to my knowledge and we did lose some key players. But we are also returning Canady, Diamond, Grubb, and the best QB in this area in Barger. Towles and Wing may be getting all the press (rightly so) but Barger is special. And Bell has a new QB with some big holes to fill too.

All this makes for a GREAT game. And if Bell beats the dust off us again - so what. But let's see if they can. Let's see if Hilton had anything to do with it. Let's see if Mills can keep up beating Knox. Let's find out how big a part of the Bell success formula hinged on that Senior class that John Dudley led that is now gone. Let's see if Bell can stop Canady and Barger. Let's see if big Carter (All State) can stop big Diamond (All State). Let's see. And since Carter will have his hands full; let's watch big Grubb give anyone you have left a nightmare - cause nobody else on that line will have any success stopping Grubb. Our defense was about our DLine last year and 2 of the 3 reasons are back bigger and stronger and faster than ever. So, Lets see...

We will never know if Bell drops us.
Is the schedule on the bell web site correct? http://www.bellcountyfootball.com
If Bell drops this game we can never mention anyone not playing us again., PERIOD!!!!!
Southeast Bluegrass Wrote:Is the schedule on the bell web site correct? http://www.bellcountyfootball.com

It is not official until all contracts have been signed.
Seems Knox wants to play. Bell has it on their schedule...will Bell finalize the agreement?
WhyLie Wrote:Seems Knox wants to play. Bell has it on their schedule...will Bell finalize the agreement?

Why would you put your players and your coach's health at risk for a meaningless game as this one is..................you are smarter than this........we have nothing more to prove there