Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wayne Mills named new head coach at Bell County
Confirmed by Knox Central players.

I wish him all the success, as well as Bell County and Knox Central, as much as it pains me to say it :lmao: Just kidding.
All is well on Log Mountain!!!!!

That Bobcat fans Welcome Coach Mills back to Log Mountain.
If this is 100% official, I honestly do not believe that Bell County loses much of a step, if any. Dudley Hilton is a legend but he built the program the right way, and Mills will benefit greatly from it. Not to mention that Mills is a fine coach.
what will knox do now?!?!?!....coaching wise
great news for bell county but as for us KC fans sad to see him go..
9-POINT Wrote:what will knox do now?!?!?!....coaching wise

i aint heard if russell is gonna go with him, he may stay but i have no idea of who we will go after, i would say that bart elam being a knox alum will put in for it..
But Bart's brother was fired as the Basketball Coach a few years back and there is a lot of bad blood still. Mills will be hard to replace but the talent is there so it will be a great job to have and I think will draw some interest from many coaches in the area.
The Bobcats are in good hands.
KCPANTHERS Wrote:great news for bell county but as for us KC fans sad to see him go..

I agree!!!
i cant wait to see what William Muney will have to say about this??
Now who will be helping Mills. I have heard that a lot of the assistants were waiting on this hire. What will they do. Mills.......Greer, Hoskins, Crawford, Yankey, Harbin who all stays on board?

Greer will have to stay noiw and help a good friend out. Will he call the offense?

Hoskins will be the key here.
WhyLie Wrote:Now who will be helping Mills. I have heard that a lot of the assistants were waiting on this hire. What will they do. Mills.......Greer, Hoskins, Crawford, Yankey, Harbin who all stays on board?

Greer will have to stay noiw and help a good friend out. Will he call the offense?

first of all i haven't heard it was a official, although it wouldn't surprise me if it was.. but to answer your question i think all of the assistants will come back and even though Greer said he is finished i believe he'll stay with Mills, and offensively coach russell may come with him to call the shots but i wouldnt bet on that.. but that is gonna be an interesting situation to see who all comes with him and who all stays...
Excellent hire, I said this one page 1 of the new head coaching page for Bell that Coach Mills would be the best choice. Congrats Bell Co, tough blow for Knox Central.
I heard Russell got the job at Grant Co.? Coach Mills lost some credibility with the players and fans of Knox after just 2 days ago telling several Jr./Soph. players and parents he had absolutely no intentions of leaving for Bell. Alas, a mans word just isnt what it used to be :flush:

I hope he will be happy with his decision.
Great hire!
Can't wait to see what he does this year.
Hitters_Count Wrote:I heard Russell got the job at Grant Co.? Coach Mills lost some credibility with the players and fans of Knox after just 2 days ago telling several Jr./Soph. players and parents he had absolutely no intentions of leaving for Bell. Alas, a mans word just isnt what it used to be :flush:

Many false stories will be told I am sure before this story is over. This is one of them. Believe what you will.
Hitters_Count Wrote:I heard Russell got the job at Grant Co.? Coach Mills lost some credibility with the players and fans of Knox after just 2 days ago telling several Jr./Soph. players and parents he had absolutely no intentions of leaving for Bell. Alas, a mans word just isnt what it used to be :flush:

He Would have lost some credibility if he said that he wanted the job and did not get it. So i am going to say that he is happy with his decision:biggrin:

This really amazes me. There is not a better man in Knox, Bell or Whitley Co. than Wayne Mills and you want to say this garbage on here. Credibility, look in the mirror and say perfect...
Is Russell a coach at Knox Central?
redstorm Wrote:This really amazes me. There is not a better man in Knox, Bell or Whitley Co. than Wayne Mills and you want to say this garbage on here. Credibility, look in the mirror and say perfect...

:Thumbs:
Well since this is finally over I will be back. Got tired of all the naysayers that he wasn't coming. Also remember who said Taylor Mills would play in the Border Bowl too. :Thumbs:
tehot05 Wrote:first of all i haven't heard it was a official, although it wouldn't surprise me if it was.. but to answer your question i think all of the assistants will come back and even though Greer said he is finished i believe he'll stay with Mills, and offensively coach russell may come with him to call the shots but i wouldnt bet on that.. but that is gonna be an interesting situation to see who all comes with him and who all stays...

Its been official since first of Dec. lol
Knox Central will always be a basketball school and Bell County will always be a football school PERIOD
Three reasons Wayne Mills left Knox and ONLY three.
1. Lexington Catholic
2. Boyle
3. Highlands

One reason he will not meet expectations at Bell

1. Louisville Central

After 2 years Corbin becomes the Big Dog in the district.
Good hire for Bell
WhyLie Wrote:Three reasons Wayne Mills left Knox and ONLY three.
1. Lexington Catholic
2. Boyle
3. Highlands

1. Louisville Central

Corbin very well may be. There younger kids are much better than Bells.
1. Lexington Catholic
2. Boyle
3. Highlands

1. Louisville Central

Your sarcastic opinions are back I see:blabbermo
It is sad to see such a great Coach go. But I stand by what I have said all along. My opinion (which is not worth a Rat's butt according to the Pig) remains this is a poor move for a guy who had so much going in his hometown. Bell is an awesome program but it is just not a giant move up for him. I also stand by my criticism of this process. If Coach Mills accepted this position (December as is stated here) and then told his players he was not leaving - he is not the leader I think he is nor one I would want to lead my dog, never mind my son. For the record - I don't believe that is true.

All that said I genuinely wish him the very best in this move. He brougth respect to a football program that needed it. Now we move forward and get even better.
thats great news for Bell co. Fantastic Hire for Bobcat Football! Best of luck to Mills and Bell Co!
1. Lexington Catholic
2. Boyle
3. Highlands

1. Louisville Central

WhyLie Wrote:Now who will be helping Mills. I have heard that a lot of the assistants were waiting on this hire. What will they do. Mills.......Greer, Hoskins, Crawford, Yankey, Harbin who all stays on board?

I will stay on board......no joke:Clap: