•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County 2011
rojas Wrote:The odds are tremendously different in winning a championship competing against 270 + schools compared with competing against only 30-35 schools.

Nothing beats the Sweet 16 Tournament! :Thumbs:
Just finished watching Perry County Central VS Harlan County 2010.

Jake Middleton #23 was a warrior that game. Had a great season. Can't wait to see how he does this upcoming year. He will be a huge threat on offense and defense. He runs hard with the ball and can hit.
Although Dylon Smith will never be replaced, Jake should step right in where Dylon left off!
zaga_fan Wrote:I wouldn't be telling someone from Hazard that they don't start the season and aim to win a state title.
Hazard has played in two State title games in 3 years and made it to the semis 3 times.

So while you have made it to the semis once and got rocked the Bulldogs have been there and competed 3 years in a row.

Competed is a loose interpretation for this year's game...What was the score again of the championship game?
Who cares? They made it 2 out of the last three years, that's much more than Harlan or most schools can say.
What PCC fans using Hazard to get at us now? And let's not say let's leave PCC out of this because you bring it on yourself when you say Hazard has been the last 2 out 3 years and then say that's better than Harlan County can do. When your team wins a playoff game come back and talk about it. But seriously come back and say something then we can move on because this thread is about Harlan County in 2011. It wouldn't be the same without our closet fans from across the mountain!
Gah calm down lol. You guys are so touchy.
1. I didn't bring Perry into the thread, never do, IDK who did, too lazy to look. Most of the times it's one of you guys taking a shot at Perry.
2. I'm not trying to get under your skin, just stating the truth. Making the championship game is not easy and Hazard's done it 2 of the last 3 years. You act like it's not an accomplishment, but Harlan hasn't even made one.
3. I think Harlan will make a run but not the championship game, that's MY opinion, there's no reason you should get mad about it and take shots at Perry Central. Harlan is not good in basketball but you don't hear me talking about how Perry would destroy them or whatever.
4. Relax, I'm your bro, not your foe.
Bear_Paw Wrote:Competed is a loose interpretation for this year's game...What was the score again of the championship game?

Bout the same as you guys against Highlands Smile
BTW I don't use Hazard to get at Harlan fans....
one of your faithful brought HHS and PCC into it in one post.

**Officially retiring from this ridiculous thread(It's basketball season anyway)**
Aslan Wrote:Gah calm down lol. You guys are so touchy.
1. I didn't bring Perry into the thread, never do, IDK who did, too lazy to look. Most of the times it's one of you guys taking a shot at Perry.
2. I'm not trying to get under your skin, just stating the truth. Making the championship game is not easy and Hazard's done it 2 of the last 3 years. You act like it's not an accomplishment, but Harlan hasn't even made one.
3. I think Harlan will make a run but not the championship game, that's MY opinion, there's no reason you should get mad about it and take shots at Perry Central. Harlan is not good in basketball but you don't hear me talking about how Perry would destroy them or whatever.
4. Relax, I'm your bro, not your foe.

Just trying to get under your skin, it always seems like the thing to do is stir it up with you guys when things are slow. I take shots at perry because you all say stuff about Harlan Co. not sure who brings who in first. I'm just touchy with you and Zaga!
Patriot Wrote:Just trying to get under your skin, it always seems like the thing to do is stir it up with you guys when things are slow. I take shots at perry because you all say stuff about Harlan Co. not sure who brings who in first. I'm just touchy with you and Zaga!

Gotcha :Thumbs:
zaga_fan Wrote:BTW I don't use Hazard to get at Harlan fans....
one of your faithful brought HHS and PCC into it in one post.

**Officially retiring from this ridiculous thread(It's basketball season anyway)**

Don't take your anger over Perry getting robbed tonight out on me, you know you love us!
Your Basketball team didn't look very good last night on TV! A good JR. High team would of made a foul shot or 2? lol
BearClaws Wrote:Your Basketball team didn't look very good last night on TV! A good JR. High team would of made a foul shot or 2? lol

Oh I wont argue that lol.
Does anyone know what ....when ....and where....if any weight meets the bears will be competing in ? :1: :muscleman:muscleman
I believe the Lynn camp competition is in March.
Patriot Wrote:I believe the Lynn camp competition is in March.

The Lynn Camp weightlifting competition has been around a long time and is a very good team competition to do.
I believe it was started back around 1990, maybe even earlier. Whitley attends this just about every single year. I know when it had been around 20 years Whitey had won it 18 of the 20 times. I havent really kept up with it to much over the last few years but i think it would be a great thing for all teams from district 8 to go to.
I would be happy to see HC there.
The black bears have been there the last 3 years.
I think they won it last spring.
Any news on the Stadium? I haven't heard much since the press Conference took place. Any time you have to deal with the state I understand they are a lot of red tape, but I am wanting some dirt to be moved and the process to begin!
I really look for the Chitwood boy to become an all-star It seemed like every time he touched the ball he scored this year whn he came in. I hope that we can come up with come kind of passing game though. I know we ran the ball all the way to state semi's this yr but I think we need to air it out as much as we can when we get a chance! I look for a trip to BG this year.
BearClaws Wrote:Any news on the Stadium? I haven't heard much since the press Conference took place. Any time you have to deal with the state I understand they are a lot of red tape, but I am wanting some dirt to be moved and the process to begin!
IMHO I think it want be ready until 2012 I know they said maybe end of season or playoffs but I just can't see that happening with it being as big as it is going to be and nothing happening right now. I don't think they have worked on the baseball in a month or 2.
You are correct. The Chitwood kid is SPECIAL. The sky is the limit for this kid!
With the run in 5a the Bears had, his talent was seen across the state and many a head was turned!
Last I heard they would start work on it in February.

We will have 4 or 5 quality backs. Taylor, McMillian, Jake Middleton, Cory Chorak, Chitwood, then figure in Tucker Lewis and Carson Whitehead at fullback it will be exciting to see how Coach Larkey fits each piece into his puzzle
I wouldn't be shocked to see Carson moved to OE/DE kinda in the Calton mold. Just my opinion.
[quote=Bear_Paw]I wouldn't be shocked to see Carson moved to OE/DE kinda in the Calton mold. Just my opinion.[/

That's not the first time I've heard that! I wonder who has the potential to step in and make an impact like Carson done this season?
palmer Wrote:I think they won it last spring.

In a blow up fashion
I am 100 percent that Carson hasn't given up on playing LB. He'll battle Tucker. In the end, what is best for the TEAM will be what the decision is based on.
Any chance that the QB spot would be open competition between Brewer and Jenkins?
Dungy Wrote:Any chance that the QB spot would be open competition between Brewer and Jenkins?

Yes!from what i know of coach larkey.no one is given any spots they are earned!!! he does things the right way...
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next