Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Courier-Journal All State Team
Congrats toChanning Smith of Sheldon Clark on his first team selection.
Jed Clampett Wrote:Congrats toChanning Smith of Sheldon Clark on his first team selection.
Yes...Congrats to Channing, JJ, and Cameron Tackett of Belfry Second team...Way to represent the mountains!
Defensive back
Harrison Bond, West Carter; Drake Bruns, Highlands; Will Carroll, Fleming County; Josh Dixon, Belfry; Gary Felder, Fairview; J.K. Hall, Johnson Central; Justin Hartlage, Henry County; Hunter James, Lawrence County; Austin Johnson, Hazard; Turner O'Brien, Lawrence County; Seth Peay, Allen County; Eric Raby, Pineville; Avery Ray, Sheldon Clark; Nathan Sloan, Prestonsburg; Dakota Smith, Phelps; Turney Sugg, Trinity; Matthew Taylor, Corbin; Jerry Williams, Henry Clay.

heres ac ouple more honorable mentions for defense ,some form the mountains..
So proud of my brothers Cameron & Josh Dixon. Thought Mahon should be on there, but at least he got all mountains.
Yea...Congratulations to Josh Dixon!!! We are proud of mountain boys!
Congrats to all the players of got the good news, but even more to Shelby Valley's Tim Smith, pretty good honor for a kid who didnt even play football as a junior.

Tim is also SV's thrid all state back in 2 years.
Good job Darrell Cross too, hope somebody picks him up.
Congratulations to all the Rowan County kids on the CJ All State Team

[SIZE="7"]Darrell Cross- 1st Team RB (SR)
Adam Wing- Hon Mention QB (JR)
Dan Prater- Hon Mention OL (JR)
Rhett Hughes- Hon Mentio:Clap:n K (JR)[/SIZE]
Mayfield Cardinals

-Lineman, Hunter Kingston 1st Team

-QB, Luke Guhy, 2nd Team (There was no first team QB Selection this year making Guhy the highest selected qb)

-LB Jonathan Jackson, only a sophmore

-Several Honorable Mentions
Well deserved for Josh Dixon. In the state championship game, he was the Belfry player who seemed to be able to take an angle and stop Mr. Wales.

I've heard Dixon is a very dedicated young man in the offseason. I look forward to seeing what he can bring to the field next year.

Congrats to Mr. Tackett as well.
Really proud and excited for Lawrence Co's kids. That group of Sr's won 1 game their 1st two years but stuck together and battled adversity.
1st team All State Jr Tyler Combs OL
3rd team All State Sr Blake Bradley LB
All State Hon Mention
Sr Hunter James RB (but is in there as DB)
Sr Turner O'Brian
Great group of kids that have represented our program to the upmost! Thank you guys and thanks to the kids that very well could have been on there.
I am also happy to see so many Eastern KY kids getting recognized! It's a tribute to how hard the head coaches work for the kids.
Congrats to John Dudley Hilton from Bell Co..
Congrats to Zack Templin on becoming the first (1st Team All State selection ) from East Jessamine. And to Cameron Thomas on his HM selection. Hope to see Thomas on the 1st team next year. Also congrats to all of the players who made the all state teams.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Mayfield Cardinals

-QB, Luke Guhy, 2nd Team (There was no first team QB Selection this year making Guhy the highest selected qb)

It don't show it for some reason on the link above, but Demarcus Smith from Seneca was the 1st team QB. I think this link shows all 24, 1st team players
http://www.courier-journal.com/section/sports
Corey Lyle deserved more than an honorable mention IMO. I thought he was rightfully deserving of at least third team.
Congrats to all players!
PaytoPlay Wrote:Well deserved for Josh Dixon. In the state championship game, he was the Belfry player who seemed to be able to take an angle and stop Mr. Wales.

I've heard Dixon is a very dedicated young man in the offseason. I look forward to seeing what he can bring to the field next year.

Congrats to Mr. Tackett as well.

There is one I feel like deserved third team, or at the least an honorable mention. Micah Mahon. Go watch the state championship game and go see what Wales was able to do up the middle. Not much, Mahon and Young wouldn't give him any space but Micah really dominated the line all season long.
The Iceboxx Wrote:Congrats to all the players of got the good news, but even more to Shelby Valley's Tim Smith, pretty good honor for a kid who didnt even play football as a junior.

Tim is also SV's thrid all state back in 2 years.
Outstanding job for Tim , 2A rushing leader, but he was honorable mention.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Mayfield Cardinals

Demarcus smith was 1st team qb
Henry County's
Luke Magness
Justin Hartlage
:Cheerlead
Great job and congratulations , to Jamon Brown fern creek , Ace Wales Louisville Central , and Demontre Warr from manual.Warr & Wales were in the same backfield in youth league.
And Jamon is a BEAST !
Feel free to call me out for a case of sour grapes here as I feel it for sure. But Knox Central had the most successful season in the schools histroy. We beat Rowan like a drum who beat Lawrence even worse and yet both those teams are well respresented on this list while Knox Central has ZERO players. That is a tragedy for the young me who put in the work, get the wins, and by some political garbage fail to be recognized.
Football1 Wrote:Feel free to call me out for a case of sour grapes here as I feel it for sure. But Knox Central had the most successful season in the schools histroy. We beat Rowan like a drum who beat Lawrence even worse and yet both those teams are well respresented on this list while Knox Central has ZERO players. That is a tragedy for the young me who put in the work, get the wins, and by some political garbage fail to be recognized.
Good point. North laurel had an honorable mention, south had two, Clay County had Zero.
co:congrats to Sheldon Clark sr. lineman Channing Smith 1st team defense , jr. rb. K.P. Skyles honorable mention rb., and to sr. db, Avery Ray honorable mention db.:rockon:
Football1 Wrote:Feel free to call me out for a case of sour grapes here as I feel it for sure. But Knox Central had the most successful season in the schools histroy. We beat Rowan like a drum who beat Lawrence even worse and yet both those teams are well respresented on this list while Knox Central has ZERO players. That is a tragedy for the young me who put in the work, get the wins, and by some political garbage fail to be recognized.
I understand your frustration and have seen Knox. They had kids especially on the Dline that deserved mention and Canady will be the next 2 years. Some of that has to do with coaches voting which means Knox opponents might not have turned in votes.
That being said I don't think you have to take a stab at the LC kids.
Combs has been offered D1 as a Jr.
Bradley is one of the best LBers in school history+ along with the Perry Central LBer and Bells the best I've seen in the mountains this year.
O'Brian is the 2nd best safety I've been around in 12 years the other one starts for UK.
James broke the single season regular season TD record.
They all had outstanding individual seasons so I'm glad they got rewarded. I can understand your frustration. I hope you understand there are people out there (coaches included) that have a ton of respect for what Knox Central did this year and know the talent they had especially Dline+Canady.
Leon Melvin should have been 1st team all-state.He is second all-time in interceptions in kentucky high school football.
Harlan county one person.WOW!!!!!!!:igiveup:
bulldog42 Wrote:I understand your frustration and have seen Knox. They had kids especially on the Dline that deserved mention and Canady will be the next 2 years. Some of that has to do with coaches voting which means Knox opponents might not have turned in votes.
That being said I don't think you have to take a stab at the LC kids.
Combs has been offered D1 as a Jr.
Bradley is one of the best LBers in school history+ along with the Perry Central LBer and Bells the best I've seen in the mountains this year.
O'Brian is the 2nd best safety I've been around in 12 years the other one starts for UK.
James broke the single season regular season TD record.
They all had outstanding individual seasons so I'm glad they got rewarded. I can understand your frustration. I hope you understand there are people out there (coaches included) that have a ton of respect for what Knox Central did this year and know the talent they had especially Dline+Canady.
Look - I'm frustrated and dissapointed in the process - not the kids who won. If my post came across as "taking a shot at a kid" it was certainly not my intent. The process is flawed when not a single kid gets any level of recognition for All State on a team as good as Knox was in 2010.
Matt Robinson, one of the best defensive players (if not the best) makes 165 tackles in 11 games and doesn't even get honorable mention. Wow. :igiveup: