Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AP All-state and Mr. Football?
When will the AP All-state poll and Mr. Football be announced?
the courier all state is dec. 26th
tebow Wrote:the courier all state is dec. 26th

That is the only one worth looking at anyway. Coaches pick it. AP has proven time and time again they can't get it right.
Lamar Dawson will be Mr. Football
I hope ur right Iceboxx
Bear_Paw Wrote:That is the only one worth looking at anyway. Coaches pick it. AP has proven time and time again they can't get it right.

Sorry to disagree. The coaches team is very heavily influenced by coaching friendships, vote shopping and vote trading. There is also a lot of regional voting. It didn't used to be that way, but it's been that way for some time now.

Both selections (AP and Coaches) are flawed, I'll give you that. But all in all, I think the AP is more accurate. Perhaps that's because I know the AP voter from my neck in the woods and know the amount of time he puts into making his selections. He takes it very seriously.
I disagree Charlie, the AP is ruled by Lexington and Louisville kids.
AP is more flawed then the coaches...they go by hype...that's it.
tebow Wrote:I disagree Charlie, the AP is ruled by Lexington and Louisville kids.
It's the other way around.
if Lamar Dawson doesnt get Mr.Football, it will be a shame. Dawson deserves it hands down, players of his caliber don't come around often, and I'm proud he is from ky. He will be big-time at the next level, and im going to be excited to see him play big time D-1 football on saturdays, always good seeing bluegrass boys playing on the big stage in college.
Would love to see him at UK. Close to home, and parents will get to travel less. Playing in the SEC would be great for him to. I seriously doubt he will red shirt and will be immediately be a impact player for the wildcats.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
charlie22 Wrote:....... The coaches team is very heavily influenced by coaching friendships, vote shopping and vote trading. There is also a lot of regional voting. It didn't used to be that way, but it's been that way for some time now.
100% correct....saw a kid make All-State Selection last year based on Size numbers (height and weight) and his coaches politicing alone. If he makes it again this year then the system isn't just bad it's horrible.
Dawson should be Mr. Football.
Gocolts13 Wrote:if Lamar Dawson doesnt get Mr.Football, it will be a shame. Dawson deserves it hands down, players of his caliber don't come around often, and I'm proud he is from ky. He will be big-time at the next level, and im going to be excited to see him play big time D-1 football on saturdays, always good seeing bluegrass boys playing on the big stage in college.
If devante Parker plays for trinity he would win it. I'm not saying he will but Dawson or Parker would both be worthy , and if were talking about pure high school career, you can throw John Dudley hiltons name in that pool.
Jumper Dad Wrote:100% correct....saw a kid make All-State Selection last year based on Size numbers (height and weight) and his coaches politicing alone. If he makes it again this year then the system isn't just bad it's horrible.

What team, 1st, 2nd or 3rd. I did see someone from your county that made AP 1st team all state last year, that is not that good.
In my opinion, there is no all-state list that will be generally agreed upon as right. Yes, you would think that the Coaches list would be the most accurate but they are influenced by "you vote for mine, I'll vote for yours" and that taints the waters. I would like to see a list compiled like this.... take the District COY and have them pick all-state teams as if they were coaching it- They have 50 roster spots.... I wonder what that would look like.
Then I guess you compare the rosters and the ones that show up the most, well, there you go. What do you all think about that?
Coachdad Wrote:If devante Parker plays for trinity he would win it. I'm not saying he will but Dawson or Parker would both be worthy , and if were talking about pure high school career, you can throw John Dudley hiltons name in that pool.

Words cannot describe how happy I would be if Devante Parker flipped to UK somehow. That kid is so drastically underrated as a recruit.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Words cannot describe how happy I would be if Devante Parker flipped to UK somehow. That kid is so drastically underrated as a recruit.
He's been ranked as high as 4*
When was the last time a (mainly) defensive player was Mr. Football in Kentucky? The odds don't look good for Dawson. He may be the best player in the state and deserving the honor, but it's an uphill battle. I hope he beats the odds though.
adopted purple Wrote:When was the last time a (mainly) defensive player was Mr. Football in Kentucky? The odds don't look good for Dawson. He may be the best player in the state and deserving the honor, but it's an uphill battle. I hope he beats the odds though.
Just a few years bck there was Micah Johnson , before that there was Dennis Johnson ,(no relation).
Dawson will be Mr. Football but I seriously doubt he will be an impact player at the next level where everyone is his size and faster.
FootballPhilosopher Wrote:Dawson will be Mr. Football but I seriously doubt he will be an impact player at the next level where everyone is his size and faster.

But they are not....

I's not like 6'4 245 LB's who run a legit 4.6 are just falling off trees.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:But they are not....

I's not like 6'4 245 LB's who run a legit 4.6 are just falling off trees.

Lamar runs a legit 4.5 ,at game speed i believe he is even faster.this kid can fly for his size.his latteral movement is unreal.he can get to the sideline as quick as any High school player ive ever seen.his ability to run down plays from the middle of the field befor his opponets can get to the corner and get out of the backfield is amazing.he will definately be a impact player in college.barring a major injury i think he will be playing on sundays in the future.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Lamar runs a legit 4.5 ,at game speed i believe he is even faster.this kid can fly for his size.his latteral movement is unreal.he can get to the sideline as quick as any High school player ive ever seen.his ability to run down plays from the middle of the field befor his opponets can get to the corner and get out of the backfield is amazing.he will definately be a impact player in college.barring a major injury i think he will be playing on sundays in the future.

I know it's a little off topic. What schools are looking at him?
Dawson is a great high school player. I hope he doesn't go to KY.
Whoever said he has 4.5 speed is delirious. He has good speed for his size but so does everyone else in D1 football. He runs about a 4.8 in pads but is good laterally. He will do OK at the next level. Let's not even talk about Sundays right now.
OffensiveGuru Wrote:Dawson is a great high school player. I hope he doesn't go to KY.
Whoever said he has 4.5 speed is delirious. He has good speed for his size but so does everyone else in D1 football. He runs about a 4.8 in pads but is good laterally. He will do OK at the next level. Let's not even talk about Sundays right now.
If the man thinks Lamar can play on Sundays in few years he is entitled to say it. Heck I agree but there are a couple if others in this class who I think will have their shot(s) at the league, I think all three linemen who made class of the commonwealth have a shot, especially Brown.
Jarons Wrote:I know it's a little off topic. What schools are looking at him?

His last 7 are: UK, UL, Tennessee, Southern Cal, Oregon, Michigan, Florida. :Thumbs:
OffensiveGuru Wrote:Dawson is a great high school player. I hope he doesn't go to KY.

It will be interesting to see him in the All-American Bowl. That will tell whether others are closer to being correct or your predictions are. :Thumbs:
FootballPhilosopher Wrote:Dawson will be Mr. Football but I seriously doubt he will be an impact player at the next level where everyone is his size and faster.

Like I posted above, he will be on the field with comparable players from around the country at the All-American Bowl. Let's see how he stacks up then. :Thumbs:
The voting for Mr. Football and the AP All State teams opened today and will close at 6pm on 12/27/10

http://dailymail.com/ap/ApSports/201012240323