Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan Amis OUT at Perry County Central
Per WYMT and Kyle Collier:

@KyleWYMT: Jordan Amis resigns as Perry Central Football Coach in the wake of being arrested in Pike County. More tonight at 11. @SportsOT
lol, what?

This is a crazy year in this district.
Very sad to hear this for him.
lol
Well any way Larkey comes to Perry County..
bac2369 Wrote:Well any way Larkey comes to Perry County..

Confusednicker:

I swear if I was Perry, id do everything I could just to get at the HC folk lol.
Can you imagine if they finally beat HC and it was Larkeys first year.
Perry should look at Ovie Canady from Harlan County.
Wow
We are continuing to learn more information tonight about an alcohol intoxication arrest involving Perry County Central's head football coach Jordan Amis.

A uniform citation states that Amis was arrested and taken to the Pike County Detention Center for alcohol intoxication around 1:00 am Friday and got out of jail around 9:45 am. Pikeville police say the received complaints involving intoxicated people, including Amis, outside of the Bank 253 Restaurant Thursday night, being loud and refusing to leave.

Perry county Superintendent Jonathan Jett did not wish to comment about the citation, but says Amis did resign as football coach today.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/home/headlines/...24101.html
This is a no brainier for PCC and Larkey!!!!!
So I guess the people who said it was a mistake hiring him and that he wasn't old enough and wasn't mature enough were correct?
Surprised the administration at Perry didn't promote him.
Really wonder who shall apply??
I hate to hear this.
I hate to hear it to. If the cops would have showed up 10% of the time I was doing something I probable shouldn't have been when i was 24 I am sure my momma wouldn't have been proud!!!
Bad decision by the young man and for those that know him,he loved the program.On the other hand,there are several coaches that I consider young,who didn't place themselves in an awkward spot.Not too many people at Perry were happy with the hiring decision in the first place.Larkey sounds like a logical choice.Confusedhh:
Throw some more stones OLM!!!!! Glad to see at least one person on earth is without sin!!!!
Hate to hear this.
The Eagle has landed Wrote:Throw some more stones OLM!!!!! Glad to see at least one person on earth is without sin!!!!

Not throwing stones and Amis worked hard for Perry.Made a mistake most of us get by with.I was glad when he came this way,others not so glad.I hope he gets another chance because he loves coaching.
OLD MAN LOGAN Wrote:Bad decision by the young man and for those that know him,he loved the program.On the other hand,there are several coaches that I consider young,who didn't place themselves in an awkward spot.Not too many people at Perry were happy with the hiring decision in the first place.Larkey sounds like a logical choice.Confusedhh:

Larkey is a great hire and you never know,Amis may be helping somewhere else before you know it.:Thumbs:
I have heard he had nothing to do with what happened, was outside waiting on a ride. Will be exonerated! Just sit back and watch.
If all the kid got was an AI, I'm actually kinda surprised that he resigned at all, and so quickly. Lots of people in much higher positions have made much bigger mistakes . . . at much older ages. Hope he stays in the game and succeeds.
Sad situation for this young man but not the end of the world.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Confusednicker:

I swear if I was Perry, id do everything I could just to get at the HC folk lol.
Can you imagine if they finally beat HC and it was Larkeys first year.

Confusednicker:
Jordon is fine young man and will be better from this. He wasn't ready for head coach but can asst to get experience
Tigercreek Wrote:Jordon is fine young man and will be better from this. He wasn't ready for head coach but can asst to get experience

I think if he works hard at it he can be a fine young man, it's not the end of the world for him. I don't think his behavior at this point fits "fine young man" standards. He is young and can only get better!
Fine young man that made a mistake. A lot have and this will show thin hopefully the path he needs to take. If that's the worst thing he ever does then bless him.
Think his biggest thing is to know that sometimes you have to cut them loose. Like in Remember the Titans lol
This was obviously a set up.....a blind man could figure this one out....who hires a coach the next day........really?
Maybe he wanted out. Personally I think Jordan needs to get out and live his life a little bit before coming a head high school football coach. Coaching is a Full Time job let alone having to teach school all day on top of that. Jordan is a great guy and I hope nothing but the best for him. Hope he comes back to coach at Perry someday.
Again he was outside waiting on a ride and one of his friends started running his mouth to the guy at the door, cops come and his buddy runs his mouth to the cops. So barney fife takes them all in. FACT!!!!! He was waiting on a ride NOT DRIVING he was waiting on a ride!! Sounds like to me he is more adult than most on here!!!!! Again sit back and watch he will not be charged. And if any of you say he shouldn't be drinking he is of age and HE WAS WAITING ON A RIDE!!!!!! This whole thing is bullcrap!!!