Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 61, Sheldon Clark 51
Final.
Picked this one wrong. Congrats Pikeville.

How did Moore do for SC?
Congrats Pikeville
MVP2 Wrote:Picked this one wrong. Congrats Pikeville.

How did Moore do for SC?
Had 13. Probably needs to ice his arm.
Great way to start off after losing huge chunk of last year's minutes. The Rowe's are gonna be fun to watch. Ethan had 20 and 6 asst., Wes had 15 and 13 boards. Will Branham provide an outside threat that will be much needed, hit a huge three to thwart a Sheldon Clark comeback.

And before the Lady who would not stop complain about fouls gets here. If you jack up 500 three's and don't have anything resembling an offensive post presence, you are not going to draw many fouls. Pikeville did a good job of driving and dishing, not turning the ball over, and playing smart defense for the most part.

Pikeville did enough to win, but I came away very unimpressed with Sheldon Clark. They are 3-deep and that's it. The Panthers will need to play a lot better to compete at the top of the region. Hopefully some more depth will be added when Taylor Ratliff and Chase Hall get their basketball legs under them.

Overall, a pretty good night. I'll take it. 1-0.

GO PANTHERS!
It may be a long year for the Cards but you cant win when you have one of the best players in the 15th and cant provide good players around to help, I think the Kirk boy is the 2nd best player on the team this year. The lack of a inside presence will end up hurting the cards for sure.
Coach Spurlock will continue coaching and teaching and Sheldon Clark will be a threat by the end of the season.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Had 13. Probably needs to ice his arm.

haha...
Panther Thunder Wrote:Had 13. Probably needs to ice his arm.

To keep Moore from scoring 30 plus, how did Pikeville play Moore?
Was it man to man? Who on Pikeville guarded him?
North Carolina Fan Wrote:To keep Moore from scoring 30 plus, how did Pikeville play Moore?
Was it man to man? Who on Pikeville guarded him?

Anthony Evans when he was in the game.
Good job Panthers! Proud of you.
Congrats Panthers. I missed this one.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Played 2-3 most of the night but were ready when he get a high screen. Sometimes off the screen there were 2 to pick him up. Pikeville very agressive on def. and really played well on the def. boards. These are the things that really hurt him....
Pikeville has a nice well balanced, good def. team. I thought both these teams were well coached and the kids played very hard. A new system for Sheldon Clark. Coach Spurlock system will work well, as they only need more time to understand. Both teams tired in the 4th qt. with very poor def being played on both ends. A great opener for both teams, and they both will be good teams in the 15th.
Pikeville will be the team in the 15th - too much talent
well for one the cards are actually playing D, the bad thing is until sumone steps up and sets num 25 for shooting his arm off n hardly making one then the cards arent goin to do anything. from what ive have heard he went sumthing like 6 for 28 or sum n 4 as layups so they need to either get him hitting his shot or set him the coach has to do sumthing with that.
red_bull Wrote:well for one the cards are actually playing D, the bad thing is until sumone steps up and sets num 25 for shooting his arm off n hardly making one then the cards arent goin to do anything. from what ive have heard he went sumthing like 6 for 28 or sum n 4 as layups so they need to either get him hitting his shot or set him the coach has to do sumthing with that.

You can't sit the Franchise that's a sin at SC #25 will shoot till he can't lift his arm up and only make 3 or 4 of them, its been that way for the past few years.
way togo Panthers...:biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC/]
Nice win Panthers & Coach W!! Keep up the good work!
No surprise #25 shot his arm off.. its his last year and i you can bet you horses that the ball if going to fly when its his hands.. surprised hager hasnt went off yet.. if somebody would have done that 5 years ago when he was on the staff they would have sat the bench.. im afriad spurlock has his assistants on to short of a lease and the sad thing is hager is the best coach on the sideline at this moment..
Congrats to Pikeville on a win over a solid Sheldon Clark team. Good way to start the season!

I have the Panthers as my #3 team in the region right now, behind Johnson Central and Betsy Layne. They will definitely have a chance to make some noise come March.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Congrats to Pikeville on a win over a solid Sheldon Clark team. Good way to start the season!

I have the Panthers as my #3 team in the region right now, behind Johnson Central and Betsy Layne. They will definitely have a chance to make some noise come March.

BL is no where near #3 in this region and if they are the region is in trouble.