•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County 25 Bell County 21
3wishes Wrote:I can understand why Boyle County may be upset over not being allowed in the pressbox either year, however, they shouldn't take it personal. I can assure you that as someone who has seen about 50 games at Log Mountain that no team is allowed to use the pressbox. Bell County isn't discriminating against Boyle County, it is just that they don't allow any team up there. They've got an outdoor platform on the visitor side that they make every team use. They also always pack the endzones with fans when the game is big enough, they are always lined up across the endzones with noise makers and air horns. Like I said, I can understand Boyle County being upset over it all of it but I can't figure out why they are suprised it happened because it happens to every team that goes to Log Mountain, right or wrong Bell County has been doing that stuff for years and years.

So, you're saying they have been cheap and somewhat classless (in this situation) to every team for years? That's even worse.
Southeastcoach79 Wrote:I think middlesboro will give bell a game next year does anyone agree?

He wont even be close. Bell returns Cory Davenport. Middlesboro can never stop the run now or in the past. Bell Co will just reload again. They have alot of talent waiting to see playing time next year.
devildawh20 Wrote:BellcoBobcats09 since bell is playing a bowl game in lexington does this mean there is no city county bowl this yr? be nice to get two great teams to play the 6 pm game followed by bell vs middlesboro in the night cap!

The City/County Bowl is actually the Bell Co and Middlesboro game now.
adopted purple Wrote:[quote=BellCoBobcats09]Next years schedule? Corbin also went to State Semi this year and in the Lexington Bowl, Bell might be playing Henry Clay in it.[/QUOTE]

I think Bowling Green is playing Henry Clay in the Fatette County Bowl next year. Here is Bowling Greens schedule for 2011. Not an easy schedule for any team.

Date/Time: Game (Home vs. Visitor) : Location:
Sat 8/20/11 8pm Bowling Green Purples vs. Allen Co-Scottsville Patriots Houchens Industries - LT Smith Stadium @ WKU
Fri 8/26/11 5pm Bowling Green Purples vs. Henry Clay Blue Devils Lexington Lafayette High School
Fri 9/2/11 7pm Bowling Green Purples vs. St. Xavier Tigers Louisville St Xavier High School
Fri 9/9/11 7pm Bowling Green Purples vs. Henderson County Colonels Bowling Green High School
Fri 9/16/11 7pm Bowling Green Purples vs. Owensboro Red Devils Bowling Green High School
Fri 9/23/11 7pm Bowling Green Purples vs. Barren County Trojans Bowling Green High School
Fri 9/30/11 7pm Bowling Green Purples vs. Logan County Cougars Logan Co. High School
Fri 10/14/11 7pm Bowling Green Purples vs. Warren Central Dragons Bowling Green High School
Fri 10/21/11 7pm Bowling Green Purples vs. Greenwood Gators Greenwood High School

See thats what im confused about. When Bell Co came out with their schedule saying we played Lafayette someone said they still have to draw to see who everyone is playing. See if you can find out something for sure?

Its all the Lexington schools playing Bell Co, Bowling Green, Harlan Co and who else are some of the other schools playing in it?
adopted purple Wrote:[quote=BellCoBobcats09]Next years schedule? Corbin also went to State Semi this year and in the Lexington Bowl, Bell might be playing Henry Clay in it.[/QUOTE]

I think Bowling Green is playing Henry Clay in the Fatette County Bowl next year. Here is Bowling Greens schedule for 2011. Not an easy schedule for any team.

Date/Time: Game (Home vs. Visitor) : Location:
Sat 8/20/11 8pm Bowling Green Purples vs. Allen Co-Scottsville Patriots Houchens Industries - LT Smith Stadium @ WKU
Fri 8/26/11 5pm Bowling Green Purples vs. Henry Clay Blue Devils Lexington Lafayette High School
Fri 9/2/11 7pm Bowling Green Purples vs. St. Xavier Tigers Louisville St Xavier High School
Fri 9/9/11 7pm Bowling Green Purples vs. Henderson County Colonels Bowling Green High School
Fri 9/16/11 7pm Bowling Green Purples vs. Owensboro Red Devils Bowling Green High School
Fri 9/23/11 7pm Bowling Green Purples vs. Barren County Trojans Bowling Green High School
Fri 9/30/11 7pm Bowling Green Purples vs. Logan County Cougars Logan Co. High School
Fri 10/14/11 7pm Bowling Green Purples vs. Warren Central Dragons Bowling Green High School
Fri 10/21/11 7pm Bowling Green Purples vs. Greenwood Gators Greenwood High School

Here I found where that person said that...

The Lafayette game on the schedule is part of the I-High Fayette Co Bowls @ Lafayette next season.

That game is not necessarily against Lafayette. The game will be played @ Lafayette either on Friday or Saturday but Bell Co could end up drawing any of the 5 Lexington schools? Matchups havent been finalized yet.

Each of the 2 games on Friday night and 3 games on Saturday will consist of one team outside of Lexington vs. a Lexington team. The 5 teams from out of the Lexington area are Bell Co, Bowling Green, Harlan Co, Simon Kenton and Ryle. Each one of those will play either Lafayette, Henry Clay, Tates Creek, Dunbar or Bryan Station.
Having Bell Co, Bowling Green, Harlan Co, Ryle, and Simon Kenton. Thats going to be alot of great games up there for this Bowl.
Hatz Wrote:Good to hear from you again. Like I said before, you've been very classy and I respect that and the fact you came back on this thread. Tell those kids to keep their heads up. They've had a good season and career and I wish them well. :Thumbs:

I have nothing to be ashamed of or the players. You guys are no pushover and only losing by 4 points with 5 turnovers is good within itself. Whether some dont think so. You guys know all about turnovers in 08 having 6 and only losing by a couple of pts. It just maks you think what if?

Like I mentioned in the thread before the game it would be the team with the least penalties and turnovers that would win this game. That was true.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I have nothing to be ashamed of or the players. You guys are no pushover and only losing by 4 points with 5 turnovers is good within itself. Whether some dont think so. You guys know all about turnovers in 08 having 6 and only losing by a couple of pts. It just maks you think what if?

Like I mentioned in the thread before the game it would be the team with the least penalties and turnovers that would win this game. That was true.

We definitely know the "what if" feeling. 2008 I believe it was 6 turnovers in a 2 point loss on Log Mt.
MSU Eagle Wrote:So, you're saying they have been cheap and somewhat classless (in this situation) to every team for years? That's even worse.

I never said they were cheap or classless, you put words into my mouth. I just gave the facts.
3wishes Wrote:I never said they were cheap or classless, you put words into my mouth. I just gave the facts.

I'm saying the acts are cheap and classless.
Good luck Bell.
Log Mtn. Lane Wrote:Your Logic is laughable. So let me get this straight. Bell Co. would rather put there coaches on top instead of indoors. Have all of the P.A., home radio commentators and Stat crew jammed in a press box that is too small and outdated to gain what is in your mind an advantage.:please:

Let me guess, the reason that Bell county doesn't have a field house or an indoor facility is all part of a conspiracy to convince opposing teams that bell will be unable to practice in bad weather.

Get a clue Man.

Spin it however you would like. The truth is that it's an advantage because though they my be outside, the vantage point of the home coaches is higher and able to see the field of play and formations better than those who are put on the visitors side.

Just my take on it. Don't really care if you agree or not.
Game sounded like it was a war in less than ideal conditions. Wish I could have seen it. At least the weather was a little warmer than two years ago on the mountain.
Has anyone confirmed why Dawson had such a quiet game? I hope he'll be back to his usual self on Friday.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:[quote=adopted purple]

Here I found where that person said that...

The Lafayette game on the schedule is part of the I-High Fayette Co Bowls @ Lafayette next season.

That game is not necessarily against Lafayette. The game will be played @ Lafayette either on Friday or Saturday but Bell Co could end up drawing any of the 5 Lexington schools? Matchups havent been finalized yet.

Each of the 2 games on Friday night and 3 games on Saturday will consist of one team outside of Lexington vs. a Lexington team. The 5 teams from out of the Lexington area are Bell Co, Bowling Green, Harlan Co, Simon Kenton and Ryle. Each one of those will play either Lafayette, Henry Clay, Tates Creek, Dunbar or Bryan Station.

I'm pretty sure the pairings have been set. I am waiting for an email response from their booster club president and will let you all know shortly about the schedule.
hwy 58 Wrote:There are some of the most ignorant posts I have ever read on here in my entire time visiting this forum. Here are observations from the game. Never heard such crying about kids with air horns.

1. Dawson very good player and active, not the great speed I had expected. If you have offers from Alabama etc... you should dominate this game. He didn't.

Just some info on Lamar Dawson, Speed was hard to come bye on Log Mountain last Friday with a muddy field.

According to Rivals Lamar is the:
54th. rated player in the Country
1st. rated player in Kentucky
3rd. rated player at his position, nationwide (inside linebacker)

University of Florida is paying for a trip to visit on December 10th.
University of Southern California is paying to bring Lamar to LA for a visit on January 14th.
University of Michigan has planned a visit to Ann Arbor on January 21st.
University of Tennessee will show case their school to him on Januray 28th.

He has already been wined and dined in Eugene, Oregon.

http://fe1.rivals.sports.ac4.yahoo.com/c...ge_choices
know1 Wrote:Has anyone confirmed why Dawson had such a quiet game? I hope he'll be back to his usual self on Friday.

Hmm, I guess it was somewhat quiet on the muddy field.

Rebels had him listed for 10 tackles. (How many plays did Bell run? 30?)

He caught 2 passes for 18 yards. (2nd leading Boyle receiver on night)

Rushed 7 times for 21 yards up the middle.

I know by his standards all of those are under the radar, so to speak. It does speak volumes that those are "off numbers" though and still the Rebels won. :Thumbs:
Hatz Wrote:Hmm, I guess it was somewhat quiet on the muddy field.

I know by his standards all of those are under the radar, so to speak. It does speak volumes that those are "off numbers" though and still the Rebels won. :Thumbs:

I guess when you put it that way, he really played a decent game after all.
ACS won't have the luxury of a muddy field Friday night. It's gonna be a good show!!!
Nice article about Boyles Center Ben Coffman
http://www.centralkynews.com/amnews/spor...0177.story
Will Boyle be home team or visitors for the state game?
tradition Wrote:Will Boyle be home team or visitors for the state game?

99.9% that we are visitors this year.
Is Boyle Co leaving today or going down tomorrow?
Hatz Wrote:Hmm, I guess it was somewhat quiet on the muddy field.

43 plays.
adopted purple Wrote:[quote=BellCoBobcats09]

I'm pretty sure the pairings have been set. I am waiting for an email response from their booster club president and will let you all know shortly about the schedule.

OK thanks. Maybe we can meet up next year at this Bowl game.
If those that attended the game can't tell that Dawson is the real deal, they can't judge athletes/players. Closing speed is unreal, as good as i have ever seen. The first Bell Co. turn over was Dawson stripping the ball from Madon on Bell sideline. I bet that all 11 of Bells players knew were Dawson was at all time.
I was there and have seen Dawson play many many times since the 8th grade and last Friday was a very subpar performance from Dawson offensively. Defensively he did his thing. Hopefully on Friday he will play like he did the Lafayette game. I missed that game and would love to see him have a dominant game on offense. He never ceases to amaze on defense.
redstorm Wrote:If those that attended the game can't tell that Dawson is the real deal, they can't judge athletes/players. Closing speed is unreal, as good as i have ever seen. The first Bell Co. turn over was Dawson stripping the ball from Madon on Bell sideline. I bet that all 11 of Bells players knew were Dawson was at all time.

French For President Wrote:Nice article about Boyles Center Ben Coffman
http://www.centralkynews.com/amnews/spor...0177.story

Yes, it is. Ben is a great kid who has had a great career at Boyle County. It never matters who we are playing, when I see #76 on the field I am never worried. Seeing his actual size in the paper(6'0"-200) makes his accomplishments even more impressive. Determination, faith, and hard work can obviously propel you on the offensive line but in life as well. He is a special kid and I wish him well in Friday and in life also. I'll always remember seeing Ben mentoring a young lineman on Facebook after the freshman team lost a tough game to Lincoln County. That speaks volumes of his character and even when he is gone next year I guarantee that the words he told that young lineman that day will still be motivating that young lineman to succeed in the future. That is the kind of leader I love to see on the football team.

He is also a Duke fan like myself so he will always have a special place in my heart as one of my favorite Rebels of All Time. We Dukies stick together.
Sorry for the multi quote post. Phone acting silly and I can't edit it.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:43 plays.

:thanks: :Thumbs:

That means that Lamar was in on nearly 1/4 of all the plays run. Not bad, particularly when you consider the Bobcats passed the ball 23 times.
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next