•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County 25 Bell County 21
Bell County is done winning any titles.
know1 Wrote:Did Boyle score on all of those? I know one was a field goal, so it wasn't 21.

Either way, you're supporting my point. Turnovers are a part of the game and they go both ways and are often caused by the opposing team (other than that terrible snap on the punt).

Boyle Co scored 3 out of our 4 turnovers.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Bell County is done winning any titles.

Thanks. Maybe one day when we can get 70+ players on our roster it might help down the road instead of 45. :biggrin:
Congrats to Boyle Co having the longest win streak in KY still at 29!!! We didnt lose to a nobody before all the Bell haters start coming out of the wood works today.
What hurt Bell more than anything was their inability to run the football on Boyle's D. Over half of their rushing yards came on one play.
The sloppy field played a factor in this game as well. Grass fields get pretty beat up this late in the year and the rain didn't help either. It looked like it affected both teams equally.
Forgot to mention that the pass play conversion on 4th and 3 late in the first half which lead to a Boyle TD (and 2pt conversion) was THE big play of the game.

Pretty gutsy call to go for a pass on 4th down.
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:What hurt Bell more than anything was their inability to run the football on Boyle's D. Over half of their rushing yards came on one play.

Boyle Co had 166 yards on 48 carries.
Bell Co had 92 yards only on 19 carries.
So what is the story on the air horns in the end zone? Most of the Bell fans on here are very classy but what was the deal with that and more importantly why didn't the officials step in and stop it. It's one thing to blow one in the stands, it's another to do it in the end zone when the other team's offense is in that zone. :popcorn:
know1 Wrote:Forgot to mention that the pass play conversion on 4th and 3 late in the first half which lead to a Boyle TD (and 2pt conversion) was THE big play of the game.

Pretty gutsy call to go for a pass on 4th down.

Yes it was.
Hatz Wrote:So what is the story on the air horns in the end zone? Most of the Bell fans on here are very classy but what was the deal with that and more importantly why didn't the officials step in and stop it. It's one thing to blow one in the stands, it's another to do it in the end zone when the other team's offense is in that zone. :popcorn:

That I have no clue. They did it last week against Knox Central.
know1 Wrote:The sloppy field played a factor in this game as well. Grass fields get pretty beat up this late in the year and the rain didn't help either. It looked like it affected both teams equally.

Bell is whining about a sloppy field when they are well know to hose the field down? Wow. Invest in field turf. Also guys complaining about the number of players on the team? I thought only 11 played at a time. Build a program so that more guys want to play if you want more to come out for football.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:That I have no clue. They did it last week against Knox Central.

To be honest, if there's a history of that, then the administration needs to step up and keep it from happening again. :Thumbs:
Wideleft01 Wrote:Bell is whining about a sloppy field when they are well know to hose the field down? Wow. Invest in field turf. Also guys complaining about the number of players on the team? I thought only 11 played at a time. Build a program so that more guys want to play if you want more to come out for football.

I wasn't whining about a sloppy field and I'm not a Bell fan. I was just pointing it out that it was a factor for both teams.
Hatz Wrote:To be honest, if there's a history of that, then the administration needs to step up and keep it from happening again. :Thumbs:

That's what I said in my initial post. Refs should have done something at the ver least.

On a lighter note, I've not seen a down marker malfunction before, either Wink
Wideleft01 Wrote:Bell is whining about a sloppy field when they are well know to hose the field down? Wow. Invest in field turf. Also guys complaining about the number of players on the team? I thought only 11 played at a time. Build a program so that more guys want to play if you want more to come out for football.

We know you are a Highlands fan and not everybody in the whole school comes out to play football. Bell isnt whining about a **** sloppy field. So Highlands plays 11 guys both ways or do you still have a 11 for offense, 11 for defense, and 11 for special teams?

Combine Middlesboro and Bell Co we would be 1 **** of a team.
Football1 Wrote:Congrats to Boyle on this win. I stand by what I said all year in that I thought Bell was the best in 4A. I am very suprised to see Bell lose this game. It speaks volumes about the amazing team that Boyle brought to Log Mountain. My hat is off as I enjoy my slice of breakfast humble pie.

Congrats to Bell to a superb season. You represent our area well with a winning program that we are all proud of. I know this is far short of your goal with the type of team you had this year. It did not sound like you put your best foot forward last night which is a tough way to end a season when the big game is on the line. Their were some very un-Bell like moments in that game. But as I said after we laid our egg last week against you guys - great teams will force you to make mistakes. Boyle is indeed a great team.

Final shot: Bell will win 3A state championship next year going away...
better call BELFRY and break the news..lolTongueirateSho
Turnovers killed the mountain teams in the 4th round this year. As someone state if u have atleast 2 or 3 turnovers you will not win the game. But to say you only lost by 4 with 3 turnovers is an accomplishment in my book. If Boyle had 3 turnovers do u think they would of played that close.
Why did Bell go for 2 when they scored their first td to make it 14-8?

Was it a botched snap when Bell made it 25-21 or was it a set play? I know it looked like no one went out for a pass but the kicker took the snap like it was a set play. Does anyone know?

Great game. Great atmosphere. I loved arriving to the game and hearing Black and Gold cheers echoing going off of the mountainside. I hope Boyle and Bell can start a regular season game in the near future. Always an enjoyable game between these two teams.

I think Boyle County proved they are are more than Lamar Dawson last night. Devan Hale carried us and was the leader of the team last night. He played superb last night but last night was an example of a team victory last night as everyone chipped in a little something to the victory. Ryan Wilson played great all night as well.

Yes, they should have kept the field covered all week.

Yes, last night was an awful time for the website to be down but it probably allowed the emotions from the game to subside and allow for some good conversation about the game.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:We know you are a Highlands fan and not everybody in the whole school comes out to play football. Bell isnt whining about a **** sloppy field. So Highlands plays 11 guys both ways or do you still have a 11 for offense, 11 for defense, and 11 for special teams?

Combine Middlesboro and Bell Co we would be 1 **** of a team.

No sure I understand the comparison? Just curious???

Middlesboro is 2A size, Bell is 4A size?

I keep hearing that HHS is 3A size, and a HHS supporter confirm? I guess a lot of teams would be great if you could combine schools. I think if all the Kenton County schools combined, they could compete with the Trinity & St. X's.

Not challenging, just curious what you meant?
RebelPride12 Wrote:Why did Bell go for 2 when they scored their first td to make it 14-8?

Was it a botched snap when Bell made it 25-21 or was it a set play? I know it looked like no one went out for a pass but the kicker took the snap like it was a set play. Does anyone know?

Great game. Great atmosphere. I loved arriving to the game and hearing Black and Gold cheers echoing going off of the mountainside. I hope Boyle and Bell can start a regular season game in the near future. Always an enjoyable game between these two teams.

I think Boyle County proved they are are more than Lamar Dawson last night. Devan Hale carried us and was the leader of the team last night. He played superb last night but last night was an example of a team victory last night as everyone chipped in a little something to the victory. Ryan Wilson played great all night as well.

Yes, they should have kept the field covered all week.

Yes, last night was an awful time for the website to be down but it probably allowed the emotions from the game to subside and allow for some good conversation about the game.

Im glad MOST Boyle Co and Bell Co fans respect each other and we can talk about football. Good Luck next week. Now its time for us to prepare for next year. Which about 7 football players play basketball, so they will start that now.
bac2369 Wrote:Turnovers killed the mountain teams in the 4th round this year. As someone state if u have atleast 2 or 3 turnovers you will not win the game. But to say you only lost by 4 with 3 turnovers is an accomplishment in my book. If Boyle had 3 turnovers do u think they would of played that close.

In 2008 Boyle had 6 Turnovers vs. Bell and only lost 17-15. Even that was decided until they threw an INT on 4th and long in Bell territory as they tried to set up a last second FG. So to answer your question: YES.
I hate to complain, not really. There should be a safe zone around the field where fans are not allowed. Watching the highlight film from channel 18 you can see fans actually pushing and trying to strike the Boyle punter when the ball was snapped over his head into the endzone.:devilflam
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Im glad MOST Boyle Co and Bell Co fans respect each other and we can talk about football. Good Luck next week. Now its time for us to prepare for next year. Which about 7 football players play basketball, so they will start that now.

I give you all the :Thumbs: in the world. You're on here and taking the questions and the rubs. You are a class act my man. :thanks:
Hatz Wrote:In 2008 Boyle had 6 Turnovers vs. Bell and only lost 17-15. Even that was decided until they threw an INT on 4th and long in Bell territory as they tried to set up a last second FG. So to answer your question: YES.

Thats why Boyle Co lost. Turnovers can kill a good drive and a teams momentum. Going to miss playing you guys. Its always fun playing you guys.
Hatz Wrote:So what is the story on the air horns in the end zone? Most of the Bell fans on here are very classy but what was the deal with that and more importantly why didn't the officials step in and stop it. It's one thing to blow one in the stands, it's another to do it in the end zone when the other team's offense is in that zone. :popcorn:

I though noisemakers was a violation of KHSAA rules to be regulated and enforced by the officials whether they be in the end zone, the stands, dressing room, concession stand, etc etc.
Stardust Wrote:No sure I understand the comparison? Just curious???

Middlesboro is 2A size, Bell is 4A size?

I keep hearing that HHS is 3A size, and a HHS supporter confirm? I guess a lot of teams would be great if you could combine schools. I think if all the Kenton County schools combined, they could compete with the Trinity & St. X's.

Not challenging, just curious what you meant?

With the current classification Highlands fell in the Class 3A range. They were permitted to play in class 5a because of geographical isolation. Starting next year, they fell in the Class 4A range. I believe Highlands had roughly 850 total students. That includes male and female.

Middlesboro and Bell could combine. If they played Bell's schedule and "mountain" football, they still couldn't win a meaning game against Highlands in November or December.
Wideleft01 Wrote:With the current classification Highlands fell in the Class 3A range. They were permitted to play in class 5a because of geographical isolation. Starting next year, they fell in the Class 4A range. I believe Highlands had roughly 850 total students. That includes male and female.

Middlesboro and Bell could combine. If they played Bell's schedule and "mountain" football, they still couldn't win a meaning game against Highlands in November or December.

You guys act like you drill us everytime you have played Bell Co.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:You guys act like you drill us everytime you have played Bell Co.

Highlands hasn't played you since 2004. Since that time Highlands has gone to the 2 platoon system. It's made a huge difference. Also a less conservative offensive approach has made it tough on defenses and 2 way players. We'll see how they fair against Boyle next year. At least Boyle isn't afraid to step up and schedule someone. Bell can win 12 games every year, but lose in the playoffs. If the fans are okay with that, then keep doing it.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Highlands hasn't played you since 2004. Since that time Highlands has gone to the 2 platoon system. It's made a huge difference. Also a less conservative offensive approach has made it tough on defenses and 2 way players. We'll see how they fair against Boyle next year. At least Boyle isn't afraid to step up and schedule someone. Bell can win 12 games every year, but lose in the playoffs. If the fans are okay with that, then keep doing it.

Why do you get on threads that doesnt even talk about Highlands for? Your threads that boring or something or because people dont care about Highlands?

Step up? Bell Co played Alcoa who would beat you guys, sorry. We took the beaten 42-14 and went on.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next