Poll: Winner
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Highlands
58.82%
Harlan County
41.18%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands @ Harlan County 11/26
I'll take Ft. Thomas Highlands by 2 TD's. I don't see Harlan County being able to slow them down offensively. Harlan County needs to control the clock and keep the Bluebird offense off the field as much as they can if they want to win this game. I was extremely impressed with the discipline on both sides of the ball by HHS when they played Johnson Central. Their pursuit to the ball from sideline to sideline was probably the best that I've seen. Towles will have a monster game against Harlan Co. Best of luck to both teams, and I hope everyone has a safe trip. There's no easy way to get to Harlan County.
Harlan County wins this one 28-21.. Harlan County will be having Turkey on Thursday and Blue Bird on Friday!!!! Go Bears!!!
Gotta give HC fans credit; they talk more smack than JC fans. If the HC team also has a little "more" than JC, then this might be a heck of a game. :popcorn:
charlie22 Wrote:Hey MP 10, I played on that Highlands team. If I recall properly I had to block some big old boy, make that HUGE old boy, on Cawood's team. Did you have big defensive tackle on that team and what was his name, if you remember? Thanks.

Ted Weaver was the first player from our county that topped the 300lb mark and also played football, he was a load to move but was just a big ole Teddy Bear (no pun intended) our coach stayed on him his whole career to get more aggressive.
^^^Pure ignorance
Hchs-21
hhs-14
jetpilot Wrote:^^^Pure ignorance

The post I was referring to has been deleted.
ummm considering that the bears are only allowing 21ppg and averaging around 40ppg i dont think highlands will be winning anything by 50 especially at harlan county
Allowing about 16 per game.
Letcher County is bringing a caravan of people to cheer on the Black Bears in our barefeet(because weese doesnot ware shues in them ther hills) and we will yell really loud with our mountain dew mouths(love the name of a previous poster). Go Black Bears.
Wins, All-Time: HHS ranks 3rd nationally, with 799
Official Championships: HHS ranks tied for 1st in KY, with 19
Undefeated Seasons: HHS ranks 1st in KY, with 12

These are just some of the things that are coming to Harlan County this Friday. HCHS can't get caught up in the history and prestige of their program. We have to beat THIS team not their history.

There is no doubt that our coaches and our players respect the heck out of HHS, their fan base and their history.

I'm sure that I speak for most of the HCHS fan base in saying we respect your program....but, we aren't going to be in awe of you.

Go BLACK BEARS!!!!
NCC41 Wrote:In all seriousness whether Highlands plays in Beverly Hills or Butcher Holler their demeanor is the same. No more or less respect given to an opponent regardless of geographical location or economic status. When you watch them get off the bus they'll be locked on and all business. They play with no chip on their shoulder as each player knows he's a part of a system that requires each to work in unison and be in control of his faculties in order for the system to function properly. The right offensive guard of Highlands sees the opposing player across the way as an impediment to a successful play. He knows nothing about his background or his upbringing, whether he sleeps in the Taj Mahal or in the bed of a Chey pick-up truck, he just sees him as an obstacle to the mission that was just called in the huddle. He'll understand whether he wins or loses that at the end of the game he'll look every Harlan County Black Bear player and coach in the eye, shake his hand and tell him good game.
I would be remised if I didn't say that winning 56 out your last 58 games hasn't been a little special. Good luck to both teams and leave it all out there on that field.
You mean 56 wins out of 59 games...That is when you count the loss coming to you Friday night... That is a special record.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Letcher County is bringing a caravan of people to cheer on the Black Bears in our barefeet(because weese doesnot ware shues in them ther hills) and we will yell really loud with our mountain dew mouths(love the name of a previous poster). Go Black Bears.

Great. Good stuff. Nice to have support from the sunny side of the mountain.
FleaFlicker123 Wrote:You mean 56 wins out of 59 games...That is when you count the loss coming to you Friday night... That is a special record.

Keep supporting your team, Flea. :eyeroll: Just like Whitley County in 2008 and Pulaski County in 2009, the Birds will make believers out of Harlan County in 2010.:devilflam:flame:
Wonder who's coming to town in 2011?
All high school Football fans in the region are welcome to come cheer against the Bluebirds Friday night...
[quote=PhatBoy][B]Wins, All-Time: HHS ranks 3rd nationally, with 799
QUOTE]

They actually have 811 wins now. Dates back to 1915.

Harlan County is averaging 9 wins per year thus far so they have a 73% winning percentage while HHS has a 77% winning percentage. Long history vs. short history.:biggrin:

Honestly, HC has not had to worry about HHS in their short history and none of the teams that combined to make HC (Evarts, Cumberland, Cawood) had to worry about them either so these kids know HHS as any other opponent. HC players will not be in shock and awe of the grand history that HHS has.
Can you dig it? Wrote:Keep supporting your team, Flea. :eyeroll: Just like Whitley County in 2008 and Pulaski County in 2009, the Birds will make believers out of Harlan County in 2010.:devilflam:flame:
Wonder who's coming to town in 2011?

He is just doing what you are doing, supporting your team. Yet why should he get called out for it, he is no more confident than some other fans I've seen in the past from HHS.

Sure just about everyone will admit HC is the big under-dog, but that is nothing new, because in every game this year they have been the under-dog on these message boards by a lot of people, yet they end up dismantling teams, except for Bell County.

HHS fans should turn left off 119 and go about 4 miles and check out one of the best high schools in Kentucky. Then turn around and head 6 miles to the football field.
Someone take pic of this.lol......GO BLACKBEARS!
king360 Wrote:someone take pic of this.lol......go blackbears!

nice!!!!
The 4 hour bus drive, and the wet field will wear down Highlands, then the game will begin.

Harlan County-28
Highlands-20

Also, I heard Highlands QB, Towles was injured, this true or not?
king360 Wrote:Someone take pic of this.lol......GO BLACKBEARS!

:Thumbs:
kypecos Wrote:Gotta give HC fans credit; they talk more smack than JC fans. If the HC team also has a little "more" than JC, then this might be a heck of a game. :popcorn:

you can bet your little bag of popcorn that HC has MORE!!!...Come on down and see the game Friday and you'll see for yourself!...:biggrin:
{hchsfan} Wrote:ummm considering that the bears are only allowing 21ppg and averaging around 40ppg i dont think highlands will be winning anything by 50 especially at harlan county

Against what kind of competition?
king360 Wrote:Someone take pic of this.lol......GO BLACKBEARS!

Sweet!!!...I love it!...:rockon:
3wishes Wrote:He is just doing what you are doing, supporting your team. Yet why should he get called out for it, he is no more confident than some other fans I've seen in the past from HHS.

That's why I said it. Won't make a difference, but I applaud him for his loyalty.
That said, based on their past record at this point in the season the last few years, guaranteeing a win against the Birds is a bit laughable.:lmao:
See y'all on Friday.:rockon:
Blau Vogel Wrote:Against what kind of competition?
Don't worry about who we played because Pulaski Co was just as good as you all this year.
Also, History has never won a ball game on the field so drop the History Talk.
3wishes Wrote:Honestly, HC has not had to worry about HHS in their short history and none of the teams that combined to make HC (Evarts, Cumberland, Cawood) had to worry about them either so these kids know HHS as any other opponent. HC players will not be in shock and awe of the grand history that HHS has.

I agree with you 3Wishes!!!!....All they need to do is focus on the game at hand!....Right here!...Right now!...NOTHING else matters!

I believe in our team!
The BLACK BEAR NATION believes in them!
Harlan County believes in them!
...And the surrounding counties believe in them too!

Go out there!...Play hard!...Be your "FILTHIEST"!...And get the WIN!!!!

Reguardless of what certain people say or think,....It is possible!

All I can say is...

[SIZE="3"][B]Welcome to Harlan!!!!....It's Feeding Time!!!!

GO BLACK BEARS!!!!!
[/SIZE][/B]

[IMG][/IMG]
Anyone gonna get me a BlackBear Shirt?
king360 Wrote:Anyone gonna get me a BlackBear Shirt?

What size?...and do you want it to say Distric or Regional champs?...hehe
Filthy Animal Wrote:What size?...and do you want it to say Distric or Regional champs?...hehe

:rockon:...2X.lol
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next