Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bowling Green
50.00%
Christian County
50.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bowling Green @ Christian County 11/12
PurplePride92 Wrote:As a BG alum recent words from folks associated with BG have left me dumbfounded. I told a BG fan on another board and now I'll tell you......

Boyle would beat BG by 2 tds and if you lose to Christian County my beliefs will be affirmed. Boyle wiped the field with Christian County and put it on cruise control after a 28-7 halftime lead against Christian County. And still put up 49 points and ended the game taking a knee at the CC 1 yard line. Truth be told I was disappointed because I came into the game worried we might lose. Put 49 points up on Christian County and then I'll be impressed. Better yet, beat Warren freaking Central and that alone will make me happy. Do you guys really think 5A is far superior than 4A? Really? It'll be really interesting, IMO, if Christian County and Johnson Central make it to the state semis again. Lets me know AT THE VERY LEAST that Boyle and Bell would dominate 5A.

The bad part about 5A is the Highlands is really a 3A team. Everyone in 5A should be ashamed, IMO. You have no room to talk about anyone in 4A when your class is dominated by a 3A school who begged to play up against you sorry jokers.

You should change your name to ReblePride. BG had a bad game against Central (I was there) and you act like they suck. They shut out a Madisonville team last week 25-0 that scored 24 points on Christian County. And yes I think Bowling Green could beat Boyle and Bell this year IMO. You are like every other crappy fan. When their team has a bad game or bad year for that matter you jump ship. If they have a great year next year I guess you will jump back on. Please don't say you are a Purple fan because it makes real Bowling Green fans sick. You have no PURPLE PRIDE.
adopted purple Wrote:My apologies Rebel. I quoted the wrong post. I still don't know why you would pick CC though. LOL

Hey it's all good adopted! :Thumbs: My wife always says she can't understand my decisions either. :biggrin:
Wideleft01 Wrote:This could be Boyle's last shot at a title for the next 4 years.

Every team has ups and downs and yes Boyle may be in a down period for 2 or 3 years but I'm not as concerned as some. Stay tuned.........Confusedhh:
Rebel55 Wrote:Hey it's all good adopted! :Thumbs: My wife always says she can't understand my decisions either. :biggrin:

I think Boyle County is the class of 4A. I also think that Highlands is not a lock to win the next four years. Thats stupid. Thats coming from Northern Kentucky where they worship the Bluebirds or from uninformed fans that don't know squat about High School Football. Go Rebles and Purples and please see if you can get PurplePride to change his name to ReblePride.:please:
adopted purple Wrote:You should change your name to ReblePride. BG had a bad game against Central (I was there) and you act like they suck. They shut out a Madisonville team last week 25-0 that scored 24 points on Christian County. And yes I think Bowling Green could beat Boyle and Bell this year IMO. You are like every other crappy fan. When their team has a bad game or bad year for that matter you jump ship. If they have a great year next year I guess you will jump back on. Please don't say you are a Purple fan because it makes real Bowling Green fans sick. You have no PURPLE PRIDE.

Okay adopted one. I am so happy that BG has had 3 recent pathetic showings in the State Finals. I am so happy that our crosstown rival has beaten us 2 years in a row when we supposedly had a better team. I am happy we didn't win distric and now have to play a "tough" Christian County team in round 2. Yep. Just like every BG fan though I am happy that people are happy with just being there. I have been watching "great" BG teams underachieve for 15-20 years now. At some point I'd like to see them win another state title instead of consistently falling short. I'd also like to see them go back to beating Warren Central. Fans like you who are happy just to be and unable to see any faults in your own team are the ones that make me sick. I saw all the other BG fans at the state championship game eating and drinking their cheese and wine because they were satisfied with being there. Those are the fans that make me sick. Forgive me for wanting more and not accepting losing when all we hear year after year is that this is the year that BG will win state. I am still waiting. If me believing that this year's Boyle team would beat this year's BG team makes me unworthy of my name then so be it. I'll change my name pronto. Me and the other BG fans will continue to voice our displeasure at consistently falling short year after year on Facebook. Plus, I am a born Purple, adopted one. When exactly were you "adopted" in the first place?
PurplePride92 Wrote:Okay adopted one. I am so happy that BG has had 3 recent pathetic showings in the State Finals. I am so happy that our crosstown rival has beaten us 2 years in a row when we supposedly had a better team. I am happy we didn't win distric and now have to play a "tough" Christian County team in round 2. Yep. Just like every BG fan though I am happy that people are happy with just being there. I have been watching "great" BG teams underachieve for 15-20 years now. At some point I'd like to see them win another state title instead of consistently falling short. I'd also like to see them go back to beating Warren Central. Fans like you who are happy just to be and unable to see any faults in your own team are the ones that make me sick. I saw all the other BG fans at the state championship game eating and drinking their cheese and wine because they were satisfied with being there. Those are the fans that make me sick. Forgive me for wanting more and not accepting losing when all we hear year after year is that this is the year that BG will win state. I am still waiting. If me believing that this year's Boyle team would beat this year's BG team makes me unworthy of my name then so be it. I'll change my name pronto. Me and the other BG fans will continue to voice our displeasure at consistently falling short year after year on Facebook. Plus, I am a born Purple, adopted one. When exactly were you "adopted" in the first place?

Your post makes it clear that you are not a Purple fan (unless they win the title every year). If Bowling loses you rip them a new one. You sound more like a Warren Central fan than a BG fan. No offense to WC. They are our arch rivals, but I still respect them. I moved to Bowling Green in 1992 and watched my first Purples game and have missed three games in the last eighteen (18) years. I think that qualifies me as a Purple fan. How many games have you watched this year? I would bet none. Just stay in Danville and keep running down your home school. I'm from Whitley County and when I was in high school our team was terrible. They have had several good teams since then, but I don't get on here and beat them down every time they lose or fail to win a state championships. I didn't even graduate from Bowling Green and I have 10 times more Pride in them than you do. So please, please, please change your name. It's quite embarrassing to real Purple fans.
Lol. It's changed. And quite honestly....I just hate losing and you of all people should know that nothing is worse than losing to Warren Central. I could understand if BG was expected to lose to Central but this year and last they were the favorites. To me that is unacceptable. Had Boyle lost to Danville this year or last, that would have been unacceptable. Had Boyle gone to the state finals last year and got blown out that would have been unacceptable. Maybe you are right. Maybe I should be satisfied with just making to the Finals and getting blown out. I guess the Rebel in me associates state titles as a measurement of success. I hate losing. Period. Whether it is Boyle or BG. I hate losing. In 1991 Meade County beat us(BG) in the last minute of the 4th quarter in the state semis. To this day a lot of us still haven't gotten over that loss. It seems like losses like that happen all of the time now at BG. One of the winningest programs in the state in the last 15-20 years and 1 state title to show for it. Let me ask you, that doesn't bother you at all? Am I wanting too much by expecting BG to have more hardware when you consider their resume? When a team has expectations that they fail to live up to am I less of a fan for pointing that out? If so then so be it? I changed my name and all of my friends from high school live in Nashville anyways so whatever. Next BG game I will be at will likely be at my 20th or 25th class reunion so whatever. Good luck against John Hardin next year. That should be the only team standing in the way of what should be one ofthe top 3 teams in 5A next year.
BG should win by 2 tds.

I expect them to anyways.
Can BG win 5A this year? As in beat Highlands or John Hardin. What should my expectations for this year's BG team be?
RebelPride12 Wrote:Lol. It's changed. And quite honestly....I just hate losing and you of all people should know that nothing is worse than losing to Warren Central. I could understand if BG was expected to lose to Central but this year and last they were the favorites. To me that is unacceptable. Had Boyle lost to Danville this year or last, that would have been unacceptable. Had Boyle gone to the state finals last year and got blown out that would have been unacceptable. Maybe you are right. Maybe I should be satisfied with just making to the Finals and getting blown out. I guess the Rebel in me associates state titles as a measurement of success. I hate losing. Period. Whether it is Boyle or BG. I hate losing. In 1991 Meade County beat us(BG) in the last minute of the 4th quarter in the state semis. To this day a lot of us still haven't gotten over that loss. It seems like losses like that happen all of the time now at BG. One of the winningest programs in the state in the last 15-20 years and 1 state title to show for it. Let me ask you, that doesn't bother you at all? Am I wanting too much by expecting BG to have more hardware when you consider their resume? When a team has expectations that they fail to live up to am I less of a fan for pointing that out? If so then so be it? I changed my name and all of my friends from high school live in Nashville anyways so whatever. Next BG game I will be at will likely be at my 20th or 25th class reunion so whatever. Good luck against John Hardin next year. That should be the only team standing in the way of what should be one ofthe top 3 teams in 5A next year.

I guess I just don't dwell on our losses. Everyone in the state except the state champs lose their last game. It's enough for me to just be able to watch some great high school football games every year and a bonus that the team I get to watch is one of the best teams in the state year in and year out. I hate losing as much as the next guy, but it's part of the game and why high school football is the best sport in the world to watch live. Heck, even the mighty Bluebirds lost a couple of weeks ago. And as long as you have been in Danville, you should have changed your name a long time ago. I think Boyle County has earned your allegance. They are a great program.
Bowling Green has the team to win it all. I think they have one of the best defenses in the state and nobody will blow them out this year. The only problem lies in the offense. If coach Wallace calls the games like he did last week against Madisonville, they can win it all. John Hardins schedule was so weak this year that it's hard to guage them. If the offensive play calling doesn't shoot us in the foot, it should be a great game between the Purples and the Bluebirds in a few weeks.
adopted purple Wrote:Bowling Green has the team to win it all. I think they have one of the best defenses in the state and nobody will blow them out this year. The only problem lies in the offense. If coach Wallace calls the games like he did last week against Madisonville, they can win it all. John Hardins schedule was so weak this year that it's hard to guage them. If the offensive play calling doesn't shoot us in the foot, it should be a great game between the Purples and the Bluebirds in a few weeks.

I hope you are right about the Bluebirds being in BG in a few weeks, but it's definitely not a sure thing in my mind. I hope that me stating the Birds are not a sure thing doesn't make me to be less than a "true" Birds fan. Because I am. But I'm a realistic Birds fan. I don't go around saying or posting that the Birds will definitely win state or even make it to state, if for no other reason than I haven't seen every team that we could meet in the playoffs, and thus there is no way I could logically believe that the Birds are a sure thing to win state or even make it to state.

I'm not trying to defend PP92, but you have to admit he has a point (or at least he does to me): either those fans that have been insisting for the last several years that BG was the best team in their class were wrong in their assessments (and thus those same people may be wrong again this year) or the teams failed to perform to the best of their capabilities which should be very disappointing to their fans and such may happen again this year. Personally, if Highlands makes it to State this year, I hope we play the Purples again. I know a lot of people in BG and there are a lot of ties between Ft. Thomas and BG via WKU. That makes it a very fun game.
CC
adopted purple Wrote:Bowling Green has the team to win it all. I think they have one of the best defenses in the state and nobody will blow them out this year. The only problem lies in the offense. If coach Wallace calls the games like he did last week against Madisonville, they can win it all. John Hardins schedule was so weak this year that it's hard to guage them. If the offensive play calling doesn't shoot us in the foot, it should be a great game between the Purples and the Bluebirds in a few weeks.

That's what I like to hear. I hope, wish and pray that it make it that far and humble the Highlanders. At the very least it is good to be able to root for a team that is in that kind of position year in and year out. Just ready for some hardware.
charlie22 Wrote:I hope you are right about the Bluebirds being in BG in a few weeks, but it's definitely not a sure thing in my mind. I hope that me stating the Birds are not a sure thing doesn't make me to be less than a "true" Birds fan. Because I am. But I'm a realistic Birds fan. I don't go around saying or posting that the Birds will definitely win state or even make it to state, if for no other reason than I haven't seen every team that we could meet in the playoffs, and thus there is no way I could logically believe that the Birds are a sure thing to win state or even make it to state.

I'm not trying to defend PP92, but you have to admit he has a point (or at least he does to me): either those fans that have been insisting for the last several years that BG was the best team in their class were wrong in their assessments (and thus those same people may be wrong again this year) or the teams failed to perform to the best of their capabilities which should be very disappointing to their fans and such may happen again this year. Personally, if Highlands makes it to State this year, I hope we play the Purples again. I know a lot of people in BG and there are a lot of ties between Ft. Thomas and BG via WKU. That makes it a very fun game.

I am not one of the those people that say every year Bowling Green has the best team and should win it all. Last year Highlands was one of the best teams in the COUNTRY. Anybody who said BG was the best or should win it all was stupid. I'm not speaking for all those stupid people. It's hard to be a BG fan and live in Danville and not be able to see any BG games and tell how good they are. ReblePride (LOL I love saying that) like many others expect too much from the Purples. To me it's like a marriage. You have to stick with them and support them in good times and bad. However, I will say right now that next year BG will have 90% of their starters back and have 33 seniors. I think they have to be the favorites to win it all. Weather they do or not will be decided on the field the same way it will be this year. GO PURPLES!!!!!
RebelPride12 Wrote:That's what I like to hear. I hope, wish and pray that it make it that far and humble the Highlanders. At the very least it is good to be able to root for a team that is in that kind of position year in and year out. Just ready for some hardware.

Me too buddy. I like you. You keep this up and I will have to insist you change your name back.Confusedhh:
adopted purple Wrote:I am not one of the those people that say every year Bowling Green has the best team and should win it all. Last year Highlands was one of the best teams in the COUNTRY. Anybody who said BG was the best or should win it all was stupid. I'm not speaking for all those stupid people. It's hard to be a BG fan and live in Danville and not be able to see any BG games and tell how good they are. ReblePride (LOL I love saying that) like many others expect too much from the Purples. To me it's like a marriage. You have to stick with them and support them in good times and bad. However, I will say right now that next year BG will have 90% of their starters back and have 33 seniors. I think they have to be the favorites to win it all. Weather they do or not will be decided on the field the same way it will be this year. GO PURPLES!!!!!

For the record I would probably pick next year's BG team to beat next year's Boyle team. BG should be even better next year. Boyle will be playing their best ball in November next year. I hope the Rebel fans don't make me change my name for that.:biggrin:

Nobody said that last year's BG team should win state but they were expected to play at WKU last year.

Never thought my allegiances to my two favorite schools would be like this.:argue:
adopted purple Wrote:You should change your name to ReblePride. BG had a bad game against Central (I was there) and you act like they suck. They shut out a Madisonville team last week 25-0 that scored 24 points on Christian County. And yes I think Bowling Green could beat Boyle and Bell this year IMO. You are like every other crappy fan. When their team has a bad game or bad year for that matter you jump ship. If they have a great year next year I guess you will jump back on. Please don't say you are a Purple fan because it makes real Bowling Green fans sick. You have no PURPLE PRIDE.

No offense, but do you suppose that Bowling Green keeps having bad games against Warren Central because the Dragons make them have those bad games? A lot of people called it a fluke last year, but I wonder if it's kinda like the way Grayson County gives Warren Central problems. Some teams and schemes just match up better against others. Bowling Green seems to have a real tough time defending the Wing-T.

Offensively, Bowling Green has always had a problem, at least in most years. What you saw against Madisonville is no different than what you usually see. The defense gets stops and gives the offense a short field, or else the defense forces a turnover to either score or make the field incredibly short. The Purples offense is always good enough to destroy mediocre teams from anywhere on the field, but against very good teams it is the defense and special teams that sets the bar, and the offense does enough once it is given those opportunities.

The adjustment Bowling Green will make should they meet Warren Central next week (which quite frankly is not a lock on either side), is I think they'll throw more. I don't think the running game is going to do a whole heck of a lot better than what they did last time. Rushing D is what the Dragons do best, and I think the Purples had somewhere around 15 yards combined from players that weren't Scooter Hollis.
DragonFire Wrote:No offense, but do you suppose that Bowling Green keeps having bad games against Warren Central because the Dragons make them have those bad games? A lot of people called it a fluke last year, but I wonder if it's kinda like the way Grayson County gives Warren Central problems. Some teams and schemes just match up better against others. Bowling Green seems to have a real tough time defending the Wing-T.

Offensively, Bowling Green has always had a problem, at least in most years. What you saw against Madisonville is no different than what you usually see. The defense gets stops and gives the offense a short field, or else the defense forces a turnover to either score or make the field incredibly short. The Purples offense is always good enough to destroy mediocre teams from anywhere on the field, but against very good teams it is the defense and special teams that sets the bar, and the offense does enough once it is given those opportunities.

The adjustment Bowling Green will make should they meet Warren Central next week (which quite frankly is not a lock on either side), is I think they'll throw more. I don't think the running game is going to do a whole heck of a lot better than what they did last time. Rushing D is what the Dragons do best, and I think the Purples had somewhere around 15 yards combined from players that weren't Scooter Hollis.

I couldn't agree more Dragonfire. That dang wing T gives us fits. I do however think BG had the worst 4th quarter ever. I think they thought they had it won and made some mistakes and even a great defense like ours couldn't stop the Dragons once they smelled blood. Here is Centrals problem as I see it. Bowling Green is going to figure out how to play against that Wing T sooner or later and did for three quarters. Plus, Hollis is passing better every game to kids that can catch it. I hope both teams win tonight because man it will be a war next week. If we lose and you win, I will certainly be pulling for the Dragons the rest of the way. It's great to be talking about both of these teams this deep in the season. Rogers has to be one of the favorites for coach of the year. He has revived that program.
adopted purple Wrote:I guess I just don't dwell on our losses. Everyone in the state except the state champs lose their last game. It's enough for me to just be able to watch some great high school football games every year and a bonus that the team I get to watch is one of the best teams in the state year in and year out. I hate losing as much as the next guy, but it's part of the game and why high school football is the best sport in the world to watch live. Heck, even the mighty Bluebirds lost a couple of weeks ago. And as long as you have been in Danville, you should have changed your name a long time ago. I think Boyle County has earned your allegance. They are a great program.

I had been known as PurplePride for years. I moved to the area in 1998 and Boyle County didn't get my full allegiance until my son walked through the high school doors as a freshman. I used to tell Boyle folks that BG would beat them if they ever played. Even when they were winning state titles. Now it's the other way around. Life is funny like that sometimes. :biggrin:

My answer to the question "what's a Purple" is not BGR forum approved.

It's not like I have had many BG losses to vent about. I never vented on them until I was attacked by BG fans.:biggrin:

Good luck tonight.
Good luck to you too tonight Rebel/PurplePride. Oh by the way, Bowling Green beat Boyle County 49-21 in the 2007 Raffertys Bowl. I will admit it was one of Boyle Countys few down years.
:insane: trying to figure this thread out.

:welcome: to BlueGrassRivals Rebelpride and A Goodbye goes out to Purplepride, I think? :goofy:
Rebel55 Wrote::insane: trying to figure this thread out.

:welcome: to BlueGrassRivals Rebelpride and A Goodbye goes out to Purplepride, I think? :goofy:

That is so funny,its like whos whos here.:igiveup:
adopted purple Wrote:Good luck to you too tonight Rebel/PurplePride. Oh by the way, Bowling Green beat Boyle County 49-21 in the 2007 Raffertys Bowl. I will admit it was one of Boyle Countys few down years.

I was at that game. Couldn't wait for it. It was my son's 8th grade year and while I was happy to see BG win and give me bragging rights in my house for the year(wife is a BC grad) I still felt like it could be a long year for BC and it had its ups and downs that year. It was a close game until halftime. It was over after that. I remember telling my BC friends that year at the game that next year they have my heart and soul but I will enjoy this for now. I wasn't able to make it down for the BC/Central game the next year. I still hate that to this day. Nothing like watching Central take a beatdown from a team I am affiliated with even if Central was 3-8 that year. I knew good things were going to take place that year after Boyle beat Central. Larry French's first year at Boyle County. Didn't know if you knew but Larry French was the coach at Meade County in 1991 when our Thanksgiving Weekend was ruined and now here he is at Boyle County as the head coach. Small world.
adopted purple Wrote:Me too buddy. I like you. You keep this up and I will have to insist you change your name back.Confusedhh:

I have nothing but love for all of my Purple brethren. Adopted or biological.:biggrin:
Rebel55 Wrote::insane: trying to figure this thread out.

Thank you Rebel55!!!!

I'll see you tonight.

I think Purple may be gone but he'll always be close by.:devilflam