Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fast Lane Classic pairings set
Here are the pairings for the Nov. 27 Fast Lane Classic at Sheldon Clark High School.

10 am - Lex. Lafayete vs Wyoming East, WV
11: 30 - Perry Central vs Clark County
1: 00 - Shelby Valley vs Elliot County
2: 30 - Christian County vs Lou. Eastern
4: 00 - Sheldon Clark boys vs Tolsia, WV
5:30 - Huntington Prep vs Kestrel Heights, NC
7: 00 - Sheldon Clark girls vs Leslie County
9: 00 - Logan, WV vs Bowling Green
Jed Clampett Wrote:Hereare the pairings for the Nov. 27 Fast Lane Classic at Sheldon Clark High School.

10 am - Lex. Lafayette vs Wyoming East, WV

:yikes: What happened to GRC playing Huntington Prep????
From what I heard is that Clark County did not want to play Hunt Prep so that is why orgainzers went out and got the team from North Carolina.
Jed Clampett Wrote:From what I heard is that Clark County did not want to play Hunt Prep so that is why orgainzers went out and got the team from North Carolina.

Don't know where you heard that info. Was just talking to the coaches at the football game on Friday and they expected and were excited about paying Huntington Prep, and so were the players. Our coaches even thought that we would be playing the last game. Only thing I know of our coaches asking is not to play anyone that we already had scheduled. Also we are sharing a bus with Lafayette, could they have moved us because Lafayette plays the first game?

I can tell you right now that with the schedule our coaches have put together, they expected and wanted the strongest matchup for this scrimmage. Again I was hoping it would be Eastern.
Jed Clampett Wrote:Here are the pairings for the Nov. 27 Fast Lane Classic at Sheldon Clark High School.

10 am - Lex. Lafayete vs Wyoming East, WV

:biggrin:

Now there's a matchup that stirred up quite the brouhaha on BGR a couple years ago. This time, however, instead of meeting up in the All-A Classic semi's or in the Sweet Sixteen, the schools will play what is essentially a meaningless game.

Although neither team is nearly as good as during their recent runs, Elliott still has one of the better players in the state in Timmy Knipp. So I would expect Elliott to notch a win over a rebuilding Shelby Valley team.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I e-mailed the list of team pairings and times to our coaching staff. They were UNAWARE of not playing Huntington Prep. They even had it on our schedule it would be Huntington Prep. That is who they wanted to play. I assume that the committee will contact them tommorrow or this week on the change?

The first plans were to share a bus with Lafayette, but not knowing when each team would play, each team decided to provide thier own transportation.
One of the girls coaches at Pike Central said they were playing in this.
Having two out of state teams play each other makes absolutely no sense at all.

Only one real good game to watch. Christian Co. vs Eastern

Bowling Green should beat Logan, WV pretty bad, Logan lost most of their players to graduation last year.

Having Clark Co. play PCC in the morning will also hurt attendance. Clark Co. should be playing later in the evening.

I'm not too impressed with this year scheduling. The problem is not the quality of teams, it's all in the scheduling.
goodguy Wrote:Having two out of state teams play each other makes absolutely no sense at all.

Only one real good game to watch. Christian Co. vs Eastern

Bowling Green should beat Logan, WV pretty bad, Logan lost most of their players to graduation last year.

Having Clark Co. play PCC in the morning will also hurt attendance. Clark Co. should be playing later in the evening.

I'm not too impressed with this year scheduling. The problem is not the quality of teams, it's all in the scheduling.

no they didn't. they return just about all of their players, they will probably beat Bowling Green.
I like the parings, I might go watch these games, looks like a good day of basketball. I wish PCC/Clark game wouldnt so early but I still may go to Inez for these games.
UkFan23 Wrote:no they didn't. they return just about all of their players, they will probably beat Bowling Green.

????????

Logan lost 8 seniors and one of them was Noah Cottrill who averaged 30 points per game and was WV Mr. Basketball. He was voted as the number one player in WV.

I don't see how you can consider that "returning just about all of their players"?
Looks like the ones that be, dropped the ball this year. really wanted to see GRC.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:Looks like the ones that be, dropped the ball this year. really wanted to see GRC.

As a fan I was very dissappointed when I saw the parrings. But it is what it is. Perry Central beat GRC last year. Hope the Cards don't take them lightly again this year.
Logan returns Paul Herbert Williamson and Deyonta Coleman. Williamson averaged about 20ppg last yr and Coleman around 12. Cant remember who else they return, but there regular season schedule is brutal. Go to wvssac.org or google Logan Banner to check it out.
Logan is probally going to win the State 3A title for the second year in a row. I would expect them to beat Bowling Green.
Williamson will be the leading scorer in the game, Bohanon will spend too much time on the perimeter, and Coleman will be the fastest man on the floor.
That's my guess lol
Will be a great day of basketball.
i would have liked to seen GRC play later in the day... i have no clue why Logan is playing the prime time game.. they should have put huntington prep and GRC in the prime time game.. theres alot of good teams in this but it dosnt come close to some of the tip off's in the past.. it could have been alot better if they would have made the pairing's better.. oh well though leave it up to SC's AD to mess things up but give her credit at least she can get all these teams to come, surprised she hasnt screwed this event up by now to be honest.
Looking forward to seeing Huntington prep
-STAT- Wrote:Looking forward to seeing Huntington prep

Me to, I think i'm going to catch them over at Wesley Christian on Friday night as well. This is two good chances to see this team play.
Gold Charger Wrote:As a fan I was very dissappointed when I saw the parrings. But it is what it is. Perry Central beat GRC last year. Hope the Cards don't take them lightly again this year.

I just looked on KHSAA.org and didnt find where PCC beat GRC can you please tell me which game it was
Peacedomes85 Wrote:I just looked on KHSAA.org and didnt find where PCC beat GRC can you please tell me which game it was

I believe PCC beat GRC in the Fast Lane Classic last year. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Peacedomes85 Wrote:I just looked on KHSAA.org and didnt find where PCC beat GRC can you please tell me which game it was

It was a scrimmage and yes in the Fast Lane Classic last year.
I can't wait to be watch. Bleacher butt will be worth it. Wish they had a bigger facility.
I'm a little bummed about the pairings also. Regardless, it should still be a pretty awesome day of basketball.