Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covington Catholic/Ashland Updates
CovCath 23
Ashland 0

2:50 left in the 1st Quarter
Looks like either the Colonels are the real deal, or the Tomcats never were!
CovCath 23
Ashland 0

End of 1st Quarter.
Stardust Wrote:Looks like either the Colonels are the real deal, or the Tomcats never were!

I think its more of an indictment of the level of football of each district they come from. NKY football is just on another level. For example. Scott giving Johnson Central their moneys worth for 2 straight years when they are the #4 seed.
On this note, if Johnson Central plays the way they played for 3 quarters against Scott next week, CovCath will roll right over them. JC has to bring their A game.
CovCath driving yet again at the Ashland 28 yard-line.
Stardust Wrote:Looks like either the Colonels are the real deal, or the Tomcats never were!

I think both.
This game is over. Start the Covcath Johnson Central thread.
Ashland finally gets a stop with a CovCath missed FG.
BaseballIsLife Wrote:I think its more of an indictment of the level of football of each district they come from. NKY football is just on another level. For example. Scott giving Johnson Central their moneys worth for 2 straight years when they are the #4 seed.

:Thumbs: You are dead-on accurate!

God love Scott, but they are a laughing stock in NKY. More of an indictment of how far they have fallen due to the athletes leaving their district to go to the other Kenton County schools. They are the #4 team by default, not due to earning it outright. Yet, they can compete at this level against a #1 powerehouse, just shows what one considers a powerhouse in one area, may be no more than above average in another area.

I guess same could be true when the NKY powers go across the River to play the Cincinnati schools.
Ashland's Hunter with a big run to the CovCath 43 yard-line.
3rd and 5 at the CovCath 38 for Ashland.

7:30 2nd Quarter.
Wideleft01 Wrote:This game is over. Start the Covcath Johnson Central thread.

Let's just hope that CCH get out of this healthy
Ashland now at the CovCath 19!
Another good run by Hunter and now the Tomcats set up shop for a 1st and Goal at the CCH 9 yard-line.
Pass to Salow for an Ashland TD!

2 pt. conversion fails.

CovCath 23
Ashland 6
Big run for CovCath, now down to the Ashland 46.
CovCath scores on a 32-yard pass to Massey for a TD!

The XP fails.

CovCath 29
Ashland 6
Cov Cath 29 Ash 6
JC will not stop the Cov Cath on offense. They do not go up agianst a passing attack like they have and a decent running game also. JC must play clock control if they are going to have any chance.
we scored 21 points in 5plays to start the game when we played ashland . there's one way to settle this. thats get on your charter busses come get you some next week but when the games over and your on that long sad trip home what is the excuse going to be for the your going to get
I'm not a Covcath fan by any means. But, I'm looking forward to saving gas money and not having to drive to Johnson Central for a Highlands-Johnson game. Covcath has improved enough that they won't lose to groundchuck next week. Maybe I should start a Highlands Covcath part 2 thread.
eagle8966 Wrote:we scored 21 points in 5plays to start the game when we played ashland . there's one way to settle this. thats get on your charter busses come get you some next week but when the games over and your on that long sad trip home what is the excuse going to be for the your going to get

^Calm down. If you are seriously going to get worked up over a post, then this place isn't for you.

In general, Johnson Central scores a lot. However, their defense isn't all world. For example, Woodford County scored 36 points on Johnson Central who only scored 8 against Highlands (I believe against their back-ups but I could be wrong on that). They have scored 409 points this year while giving up 245 which is by far and away the HIGHEST among all the district #1 seeds. So he is right in the sense that JC must play ball control if they want to limit CovCath's scoring to win.
HALFTIME.

CovCath 29
Ashland 6
eagle8966 Wrote:we scored 21 points in 5plays to start the game when we played ashland . there's one way to settle this. thats get on your charter busses come get you some next week but when the games over and your on that long sad trip home what is the excuse going to be for the your going to get

Lol, yeah, and what happened down the stretch when Ashland pulled to within 35-26. It took 3 INT's that game to keep Ashland from "Shocking the World" didn't it???? If not for JJ's 61 yard TD and 70 yard TD a few minutes later, to start the game, you would have enjoyed the trip to Cov Cath and a beautiful Saturday afternoon in November!
Wideleft01 Wrote:I'm not a Covcath fan by any means. But, I'm looking forward to saving gas money and not having to drive to Johnson Central for a Highlands-Johnson game. Covcath has improved enough that they won't lose to groundchuck next week. Maybe I should start a Highlands Covcath part 2 thread.

Didn't see this one coming...but in the playoffs you cannot afford to overlook your next opponent. Regardless of what each team accomplished during the regular season, the games next week are between teams that are both 1-0. However I will say this, it looks like you might be anorexic....after eating(and obviously throwing up) the humble pie served to you by Ryle last Thursday. It's arrogant guys such as yourself that gives tradition-rich programs like Highlands a bad name.
BaseballIsLife Wrote:^Calm down. If you are seriously going to get worked up over a post, then this place isn't for you.

In general, Johnson Central scores a lot. However, their defense isn't all world. For example, Woodford County scored 36 points on Johnson Central who only scored 8 against Highlands (I believe against their back-ups but I could be wrong on that). They have scored 409 points this year while giving up 245 which is by far and away the HIGHEST among all the district #1 seeds. So he is right in the sense that JC must play ball control if they want to limit CovCath's scoring to win.

Yes, WC scored on a kick off return with Highlands 2or 3rd team kick off team. Highlands had their 2nd string in before half and the entire freshmen team was in late with no pts given up. JC fans get so mad if you do not say you think they are going to win. They have a good team but some glaring weaknesses in the passing game, on D and special teams.
Stardust Wrote:Lol, yeah, and what happened down the stretch when Ashland pulled to within 35-26. It took 3 INT's that game to keep Ashland from "Shocking the World" didn't it???? If not for JJ's 61 yard TD and 70 yard TD a few minutes later, to start the game, you would have enjoyed the trip to Cov Cath and a beautiful Saturday afternoon in November!

Doubt that, JC still drilled Montgomery so that would put them at the 2 seed.
Emmit Brown Wrote:Didn't see this one coming...but in the playoffs you cannot afford to overlook your next opponent. Regardless of what each team accomplished during the regular season, the games next week are between teams that are both 1-0. However I will say this, it looks like you might be anorexic....after eating(and obviously throwing up) the humble pie served to you by Ryle last Thursday. It's arrogant guys such as yourself that gives tradition-rich programs like Highlands a bad name.

I'm arrogant because I think Covcath improved enough to beat Johnson Central? That's right I did overlook Dixie. Dixie historically hasn't been a problem and its a team Highlands beat really bad already.
Emmit Brown Wrote:Doubt that, JC still drilled Montgomery so that would put them at the 2 seed.

I would not brag about beating a Montgomery team.
Emmit Brown Wrote:Didn't see this one coming...but in the playoffs you cannot afford to overlook your next opponent. Regardless of what each team accomplished during the regular season, the games next week are between teams that are both 1-0. However I will say this, it looks like you might be anorexic....after eating(and obviously throwing up) the humble pie served to you by Ryle last Thursday. It's arrogant guys such as yourself that gives tradition-rich programs like Highlands a bad name.

I'm no Highlands fan, but it must be pretty hard on those guy's that are haters to see a team finally lose after, what 37-0 record. I sure wish my team had a run like that. Hmm, you too???