Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5A Football Alignment
CLASS 5A
[SIZE=2]District 1 - Apollo, Christian County, Graves County, Hopkinsville, Ohio County
District 2 - Barren County, Bowling Green, Greenwood, Logan County, Warren Central
District 3 - Grayson County, Iroquois, Jeffersontown, John Hardin, North Hardin
District 4 - Anderson County, Bullitt Central, Bullitt East, North Bullitt, Shelby County
District 5 - Conner, Cooper, Grant County, Scott, South Oldham
District 6 - East Jessamine, Franklin County, Montgomery County, West Jessamine, Woodford County
District 7 - Lincoln County, Madison Southern, North Laurel, Pulaski County, South Laurel, Southwestern
District 8 - Harlan County, Letcher County Central, Perry County Central, Whitley County
[/SIZE]
I thought Shelby Co. was going to be 4a in the new alignment.
Why did North Laurel move to District 7? In that region District 7 has 6 teams and 8 has four teams.
I don't like District 7 having 6 teams and District 8 having only 4.
Especially since they are moving North Laurel over there.
That makes our District auto-qualifiers for the playoffs.
I thought Letcher was being moved to 4A? but only 4 teams? So basically, teams dont have to win district games now? do they?
nky Wrote:CLASS 5A
[SIZE=2]District 1 - Apollo, Christian County, Graves County, Hopkinsville, Ohio County
District 2 - Barren County, Bowling Green, Greenwood, Logan County, Warren Central
District 3 - Grayson County, Iroquois, Jeffersontown, John Hardin, North Hardin
District 4 - Anderson County, Bullitt Central, Bullitt East, North Bullitt, Shelby County
District 6 - East Jessamine, Franklin County, Montgomery County, West Jessamine, Woodford County
District 7 - Lincoln County, Madison Southern, North Laurel, Pulaski County, South Laurel, Southwestern
District 8 - Harlan County, Letcher County Central, Perry County Central, Whitley County
[/SIZE]

District 7 has 6 teams in it, while District 8 has 4? Why not just move one team out of D7 to D8 and make it 5 each?
Rebel55 Wrote:District 7 has 6 teams in it, while District 8 has 4? Why not just move one team out of D7 to D8 and make it 5 each?

The stupid thing is they moved a team from D8 to D7 to make it that way.
I see Bowling Green's trophy case growing now that they are free of Highlands....
greenwood bg john harding are going to have great chanes to win state
5A is rather weak, well at least districts 5-8 are IMO. Just no realistic championship contenders in those districts.

As for districts 1-4, it should be exciting, but I don't see many of those teams beating the Purples.
Jarons Wrote:I thought Shelby Co. was going to be 4a in the new alignment.

I thought so too.
rebel 4 life Wrote:greenwood bg john harding are going to have great chanes to win state

The only reason Greenwood looks good is because for the last few years they have played in the weakest 6A district and region in the state. They are 0-19 against Bowling Green and quit playing them. Now they will be in the same district and are petitioning to play up. Pathetic.
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:I thought Letcher was being moved to 4A? but only 4 teams? So basically, teams dont have to win district games now? do they?

There are 4 teams with enrollment bigger than Letcher that are in 4a but LCC is in 5a?
LCC 485 5A
Johnson Central 497 4A
Knox 498 4A
Clay 512 4A
You can move up in class.
UKisN1 Wrote:You can move up in class.

I thought you had to wait until the new classifications came out then petition for movement? All schools have until October 18th to have their papers in to the KHSAA to move up in class.

I thought you had to wait until the new classifications came out then petition for movement? Coaches were not suppose to have information on the new classifications until this morning. All schools have until October 18th to have their papers in to the KHSAA to move up in class.
Yes, you can petition to move up in class...but it has to be approved by the KHSAA. I don't see how LCC can move up in class with those other schools wanting to play up for the same reason of location and travel to the district games. Oh wait a minute, Letcher has someone on the board of control and gets to do whatever LCC wants...that explains their 4 team district as opposed to 6 teams in District 7. Nice move KHSAA! Makes perfect sense.
IRISH4 Wrote:Yes, you can petition to move up in class...but it has to be approved by the KHSAA. I don't see how LCC can move up in class with those other schools wanting to play up for the same reason of location and travel to the district games. Oh wait a minute, Letcher has someone on the board of control and gets to do whatever LCC wants...that explains their 4 team district as opposed to 6 teams in District 7. Nice move KHSAA! Makes perfect sense.

What I'm trying to say is don't you have to wait before the new classifications released before you can petition to move up? They didn't release information last Friday because they didn't want to take away from Friday nights games.
Benchwarmer Wrote:What I'm trying to say is don't you have to wait before the new classifications released before you can petition to move up? They didn't release information last Friday because they didn't want to take away from Friday nights games.

Not that I'm aware of, the paper work has to be submitted before the KHSAA draws up the final drafts. I believe they send out a rough draft as to what the classifications look like and schools can elect to move up if they chose...but still has to be approved.

I'd say they would rather play in 5A, no Highlands and a much easier road to state.
Yay, Highlands is gone:rockon:
I love this set up being a Whitley fan, as most of you can see why, I do agree they should move North into District 8, and they were already in it anyways, but I still like this set up much better than the one now.
For the first time in my life i can congratulate the KHSAA lol.:blabbermo
Garbage.
adopted purple Wrote:The only reason Greenwood looks good is because for the last few years they have played in the weakest 6A district and region in the state. They are 0-19 against Bowling Green and quit playing them. Now they will be in the same district and are petitioning to play up. Pathetic.

Agreed. I was disappointed in Greenwood for making that move. A lot of people wondered what a matchup between the two would have been like last year, and some have questioned whether Greenwood is now ready to compete. In my mind, the coaching staff, administration, or whoever was responsible for the petition, told you what they thought about it. And that was a definitive NO.

Now, Greenwood's program has improved by leaps and bounds, so I'll stop short of saying it's the ONLY reason they look good. They stood toe to toe with St. X last year, and would have been a tough out in the current 5A district. But I don't see them competing for state titles. The earlier poster noted Greenwood, John Hardin, and Bowling Green. I would put Christian County and Warren Central up there before Greenwood. Maybe Shelby County as well. We have not yet seen the full effect South Warren will have on Greenwood.

I tell you, as a Warren Central fan, it is amazing to me just how far below the radar in the eyes of the state they've dropped. I mean, Greenwood gets mentioned before us? Greenwood?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I love this set up being a Whitley fan, as most of you can see why, I do agree they should move North into District 8, and they were already in it anyways,

Why should North Laurel be in that district? If anyone it should be South Laurel.

North Laurel has to travel past South Laurel to every district game and South Laurel has to travel past North Laurel for every district game.

North Laurel is on the same exit as Pulaski County, Southwestern. They are closer to Madison Southern than South Laurel is, they are closer to Lincoln County than South Laurel is.

It would only make sense to move South Laurel to district 8 instead of North Laurel due to geography, however, neither will happen because I'd say neither Laurel County school will petition to move.
3wishes Wrote:Why should North Laurel be in that district? If anyone it should be South Laurel.

North Laurel has to travel past South Laurel to every district game and South Laurel has to travel past North Laurel for every district game.

North Laurel is on the same exit as Pulaski County, Southwestern. They are closer to Madison Southern than South Laurel is, they are closer to Lincoln County than South Laurel is.

It would only make sense to move South Laurel to district 8 instead of North Laurel due to geography, however, neither will happen because I'd say neither Laurel County school will petition to move.

:Thumbs: Exactly, they should have been reversed since the beggining.
Whitley looks a little farther west on the map. I'd move Whitley and keep the Laurels together in District 8.
DragonFire Wrote:Agreed. I was disappointed in Greenwood for making that move. A lot of people wondered what a matchup between the two would have been like last year, and some have questioned whether Greenwood is now ready to compete. In my mind, the coaching staff, administration, or whoever was responsible for the petition, told you what they thought about it. And that was a definitive NO.

Now, Greenwood's program has improved by leaps and bounds, so I'll stop short of saying it's the ONLY reason they look good. They stood toe to toe with St. X last year, and would have been a tough out in the current 5A district. But I don't see them competing for state titles. The earlier poster noted Greenwood, John Hardin, and Bowling Green. I would put Christian County and Warren Central up there before Greenwood. Maybe Shelby County as well. We have not yet seen the full effect South Warren will have on Greenwood.

I tell you, as a Warren Central fan, it is amazing to me just how far below the radar in the eyes of the state they've dropped. I mean, Greenwood gets mentioned before us? Greenwood?

LOL, I couldn't agree more. It's sad.
palmer Wrote:Whitley looks a little farther west on the map. I'd move Whitley and keep the Laurels together in District 8.

:dontthink

Whitley County would have to travel 30 extra minutes just to get to Laurel County just to begin their trip to the Pulaski County schools and Lincoln/Southern game fields.
Draft alignment story with Commissioner Tackett quotes.

Alignment Story

Conner must be dancing in the streets of Hebron over this placement. Dropped from NKY 6A (away from Boone, Campbell, Ryle, Dixie) and Highlands and CovCath drop to 4A.
Conner should dominate this district.