Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bowling Green
100.00%
Grayson County
0%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bowling Green vs Grayson County 10/1
Grayson county is undefeated and ranked 7th in 5A but play a terribly weak schedule. I'll say Bowling Green 35-7.
Bowling Green in a blow out.
BG big
Purples should win this one by at least 20.
BG
Bowling Green should win pretty easy.
adopted purple Wrote:Grayson county is undefeated and ranked 7th in 5A but play a terribly weak schedule. I'll say Bowling Green 35-7.

As you stated, Grayson's schedule is terribly. BG wins easily.
Purples get back in the win column with ease
This Was in the Bowling Green Daily News today.

Grayson coach not optimistic for BG game
Purples say they are wary of GCHS seniors

By CHAD BISHOP, The Daily News, [email]cbishop@bgdailynews.com[/email]/783-3241
Thursday, September 30, 2010 12:01 PM CDT

Grayson County coach Ed Smart did not mince words this week when discussing his team’s upcoming game against Bowling Green on Friday.

“Listen, we’re getting ready to get thumped Friday,” he said. “I don’t want to add any fuel to the fire to Bowling Green. We never talk about it down here. Our paper tried to say something to me and I just don’t talk about it. All we talk about is wins and losses, all that other stuff doesn’t matter.”

But the Cougars (6-0) have allowed just two points the entire season.

“We hadn’t played anybody,” Smart said. “I don’t want to get into to all that. We played some lower competition compared to Bowling Green and we’ve played well, but that’s not a big deal.”

But the Purples (5-1) are coming off a physical, emotional loss to state power Trinity of Louisville.

“I wish they’d won,” Smart said. “Then when they beat us it wouldn’t look so bad. I was hoping they would win just because they would have had back-to-back big wins over rivals and they got fall break next week, maybe then they would come in, be not as focused.”

But the GCHS offense is scoring 45 points per game.

“We’re about like where we were last year,” the coach said. “We’re no different than last year and they beat us 42-14. The average score of Bowling Green-Grayson is 51-8. They’ve outscored us 204-33 in four games. They’re Bowling Green. There’s no comparison. One of Bowling Green’s coaches told me, we don’t have one player that would start for them. ... You just can’t compare our two programs at all.

“I don’t think people understand. ... It’s just a different level.”

Well, all that won’t give BG fans much reason to make the hour drive north to see the District 2 opener in Class 5A for both teams. The game, however, will go on as scheduled.

“Grayson County’s a great team to play,” Bowling Green’s junior linebacker KJ Cofer said this week. “They’re a great team. They play hard, just like Trinity does. They’ll give us a great match.”

Cofer has an interception, three fumble recoveries and 271/2 tackles this year for the Purples. He was one of the many reasons BG was right there until the end in a 14-12 loss last week to Trinity, and hopes his defensive unit can contain Grayson County’s offense this week as well.

“They won’t give us any problems,” he said. “It’s just we gotta execute and play determined because Grayson County is a good team.”

Two years ago, BGHS traveled to Leitchfield and won 47-6. Last season at El Donaldson Stadium in Bowling Green it was a 42-14 win. This year, Cofer noted GCHS may be sick and tired of losing to the team in purple and gold.

“It’ll be tougher because it’s all seniors,” he said. “The seniors are going to work hard to beat Bowling Green and it’s going to be a good game.”

Kickoff is at 7 p.m.

I think the coach is trying to get HIS team fired up. I don't believe that any BG coaches would have told him that no one on his team could start on Bowling Greens team.
I may be in the minority, but sandbagging annoys the crap out of me. Save that "nobody respects us" crap for the locker room.

Better yet, schedule someone worth playing and beat them, then I'll respect you. Until then, enjoy your easy victories, your annual mindboggling win over Warren Central, your beatdowns by Bowling Green, and your playoff blowout losses.
Bowling green 28 to 6
DragonFire Wrote:I may be in the minority, but sandbagging annoys the crap out of me. Save that "nobody respects us" crap for the locker room.

Better yet, schedule someone worth playing and beat them, then I'll respect you. Until then, enjoy your easy victories, your annual mindboggling win over Warren Central, your beatdowns by Bowling Green, and your playoff blowout losses.

Grayson County beating Warren Central the last couple of years is mindboggling to me. Central beat Bowling Green on our own field last year and lost to Grayson County. I guess that's why I like High School Football so much. Anything can happen on a given day.
I did find out that last year Coach Wallace told Coach Smart that he had at least 4 or 5 guys that could start for the Purples. Right from the coaches mouth.
adopted purple Wrote:Grayson County beating Warren Central the last couple of years is mindboggling to me. Central beat Bowling Green on our own field last year and lost to Grayson County. I guess that's why I like High School Football so much. Anything can happen on a given day.
I did find out that last year Coach Wallace told Coach Smart that he had at least 4 or 5 guys that could start for the Purples. Right from the coaches mouth.

It's even crazier that those two events happened on consecutive weeks.

I don't know what it is, but Grayson County has something on Warren Central. I do believe that it has benefited them the last two years to play either in or immediately after heavy rain which tore up the field. Typically the stronger, more physical team up front wins those games, and Grayson County definitely is that. Central is more of a speed on the edge team, which was negated in those games. I'm just glad we finally get them at home again this year. If Central loses, I won't have the whole ride home to agonize over how it could have happened again.

I don't believe Coach Smart when he says that he was told no Cougar could start for Bowling Green. If a coach did say that, he was wrong. Not MANY could start, but some definitely could.
BG by 3 TDs
DragonFire Wrote:It's even crazier that those two events happened on consecutive weeks.

I don't know what it is, but Grayson County has something on Warren Central. I do believe that it has benefited them the last two years to play either in or immediately after heavy rain which tore up the field. Typically the stronger, more physical team up front wins those games, and Grayson County definitely is that. Central is more of a speed on the edge team, which was negated in those games. I'm just glad we finally get them at home again this year. If Central loses, I won't have the whole ride home to agonize over how it could have happened again.

I don't believe Coach Smart when he says that he was told no Cougar could start for Bowling Green. If a coach did say that, he was wrong. Not MANY could start, but some definitely could.

I know the boys remember that ride home last year too. I don't see Central losing this one. You should be able to get a good read on them after tonight.