Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bell County
72.73%
Knox Central
27.27%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell Co. @ Knox Central 10/1
I don't think it will be close.
You are correct funnist thing I just drove by KNOX High School, complete down pour, atleast 3 inches of stand water on the field. Not sure why they were putting sand bags around the field? Oh well...I'm sure they have their reasons........Football1 glad your into the arts...if I can tear myself away from a music recital, I'll be there.......
Well I don't know about the Knox team but I do know that the Bell Co team is full of boys that should be in college. The Davenport boys both stayed back 2 years each and the Hilton, Mills and Madon kids stayed back 1 year in grade school. No wonder they are so good they are all 18 and 19 years old playing against true Freshman, Soph, Jr and Senior kids.
This Thread is almost as big as when CAL came to town..........
easyM Wrote:I'll say talent will be the difference.
EasM you are exactly right. If Bell beats KC it is because they have better talent. If KC beats Bell it is because the have better talent. I personally don't believe in bad games. Either you have it or you don't. If you have a bad game it is the team that you are playing that prevents you from having a good game.
Prototype Wrote:EasM you are exactly right. If Bell beats KC it is because they have better talent. If KC beats Bell it is because the have better talent. I personally don't believe in bad games. Either you have it or you don't. If you have a bad game it is the team that you are playing that prevents you from having a good game.

I agree......well put..Prototype.
highschoolfan Wrote:This Thread is almost as big as when CAL came to town..........
Yeah, you can tell were everyones heart is. To bad someone has to lose. GO Panthers!!!!!!!!:rockon:
highschoolfan Wrote:Could be, but I'll bet Dudley has pointed out the talent that KNOX has....we know your talent is Davenport and he could start for any team in the state at his position, no doubt. Bell Co. is a great team, and I hope the players and coaching staff overlook Knox Talent...or the lack of according to some Bell fans...and it is the calm be for the storm, and I'm afraid your on the Titanic....:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Good Luck sailing in on that unsinkable ship........:

rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

pre-game humor

I will say this if KNOX can't beat Bell then I'll pull for Bell to win it all......:Clap:

Yeah all our talent is Davenport. Don't have much else to offer.
We've always been a one man show. Love posters like you. :biggrin:
zaga_fan Wrote:Oh really...
I was thinking they came to your house this year.
Perry is away on 10/29 and Harlan is like 20 minutes from my house in Leatherwood.
Sounds like destiny to me lol

I've walked a many miles in Leatherwood grouse hunting. Come join us on the 29th.
highschoolfan Wrote:Could be, but I'll bet Dudley has pointed out the talent that KNOX has....we know your talent is Davenport and he could start for any team in the state at his position, no doubt. Bell Co. is a great team, and I hope the players and coaching staff overlook Knox Talent...or the lack of according to some Bell fans...and it is the calm be for the storm, and I'm afraid your on the Titanic....:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Good Luck sailing in on that unsinkable ship........:

rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

pre-game humor

I will say this if KNOX can't beat Bell then I'll pull for Bell to win it all......:Clap:

I didn't know the Titanic was unsinkable.... Learn something new every day..
Prototype Wrote:EasM you are exactly right. If Bell beats KC it is because they have better talent. If KC beats Bell it is because the have better talent. I personally don't believe in bad games. Either you have it or you don't. If you have a bad game it is the team that you are playing that prevents you from having a good game.

:Thumbs:
Football1 Wrote:Wierd weather. Pouring the rain here today. Go figure. Hope it dries up for tomorrow. Somebody said we play at home this week. If I can finish up my oil painting in time, I'll do my best to catch at least some of the game.
That wasn't rain I just came by there. It was the annual fire deptment state compition. Don't you remember they came last year and stayed for a day and a half. It started this morning. Remember the paint on the field wouldn't dry and were smudged.Boy those water canons sure look neat spraying from endzone to end zone. I like it when they try to shoot the sand bags down. Doesn't the water drain to the visitors side. :devilflam
Prototype Wrote:That wasn't rain I just came by there. It was the annual fire deptment state compition. Don't you remember they came last year and stayed for a day and a half. It started this morning. Remember the paint on the field wouldn't dry and were smudged.Boy those water canons sure look neat spraying from endzone to end zone. I like it when they try to shoot the sand bags down. Doesn't the water drain to the visitors side. :devilflam

I hope it doesn't drain to the visitor side! I would wash away that elementary 3 rows of of 10 ft bleachers they have over there....:biggrin:
easyM Wrote:I hope it doesn't drain to the visitor side! I would wash away that elementary 3 rows of of 10 ft bleachers they have over there....:biggrin:

Save the water to use on Coach Mills if he pulls off the upset. The heck with the Gatorade jugs..... Bring out the hose then!
easyM Wrote:Save the water to use on Coach Mills if he pulls off the upset. The heck with the Gatorade jugs..... Bring out the hose then!
Maybe we should all go to Wal-Mart and buy super soakers then,that way if coach mills wins we can use it on him. If he loses then it would come in handy. We could use it on BELL Co. Not that it would matter anyway but it sure would be fun....LOL:devilflam
easyM Wrote:I've walked a many miles in Leatherwood grouse hunting. Come join us on the 29th.

I'll be there....
I may even tailgate Wink
When I came by KC today it seemed to be pouring around the football field.
calljenny Wrote:Well I don't know about the Knox team but I do know that the Bell Co team is full of boys that should be in college. The Davenport boys both stayed back 2 years each and the Hilton, Mills and Madon kids stayed back 1 year in grade school. No wonder they are so good they are all 18 and 19 years old playing against true Freshman, Soph, Jr and Senior kids.

:lmao:Oh here we go.:blabbermo
Yeah, Knox is all true grade level. There is no such thing. You can be a senior in high school and participate in sports as long as you turn 19 after August 1st. Here comes the excuses. I guess our grown men will hurt your little boys then? You don't have a clue. There is no such thing as a college high school player. Keep digging for some more excuses.
Prototype Wrote:Maybe we should all go to Wal-Mart and buy super soakers then,that way if coach mills wins we can use it on him. If he loses then it would come in handy. We could use it on BELL Co. Not that it would matter anyway but it sure would be fun....LOL:devilflam

Good idea! I like that one. Could you imagine if both set of fans had the super soakers while setting beside each other during and especially after the game?lol That would be a sight.....
zaga_fan Wrote:I'll be there....
I may even tailgate Wink

I'll be getting up with you before then so we can meet up and talk for a few....
Now go help me on the Harlan/Letcher thread. Boo Boo is upset at me.lol It's all in fun though.:biggrin:
calljenny Wrote:Well I don't know about the Knox team but I do know that the Bell Co team is full of boys that should be in college. The Davenport boys both stayed back 2 years each and the Hilton, Mills and Madon kids stayed back 1 year in grade school. No wonder they are so good they are all 18 and 19 years old playing against true Freshman, Soph, Jr and Senior kids.

Knox is the same way. So is most teams. Parents care about their kids enough to hold them back. How do you know in grade school if they will even play ball? You don't but you do know they will be graduating and most kids are not mature enough to handle it. Holding them back you get them 1 more year at home and hopefully they are 1 year more mature to take on the "real world."

If you did not chose to do that for your kids that is your problem and I am sorry for you! Have a good day.
easyM Wrote:Save the water to use on Coach Mills if he pulls off the upset. The heck with the Gatorade jugs..... Bring out the hose then!
This upset (and that word should be in all caps with a 40 Font but I'm not that technical) would demand just that and more.

I talked to a player last night. Their mindset is simple. These guys are good, Davenport is exceptional, Madon can throw it, and their defense is fast. To beat them we can't be stupid but we must be violent and we have to execute fundamentals. Our defense must have the game of the year. Sounded about right to me.

What I did not hear that I wanted to hear was all kinds of new wrinkles on offense. Sounds like we are going with what got us here. Not what I would have done; but that's why I Coach on BGR and not on Friday night.

It would not surprise me to see Dudley and crew come out with Davenportless backfield, full spread, slinging that thang like cow patties at the fair. Who can tell with the master mind of KY football.
easyM Wrote:I didn't know the Titanic was unsinkable.... Learn something new every day..

Glad I could teach you something today, before the Titanic set sail the designer (D. Hilton)LOL...stated "not even GOD ALMIGHTY could sink the Titanic" that's history easyM, maybe you should of paid more attention in class at Lone Jack............:lmao:
William Muney Wrote:Knox is the same way. So is most teams. Parents care about their kids enough to hold them back. How do you know in grade school if they will even play ball? You don't but you do know they will be graduating and most kids are not mature enough to handle it. Holding them back you get them 1 more year at home and hopefully they are 1 year more mature to take on the "real world."

If you did not chose to do that for your kids that is your problem and I am sorry for you! Have a good day.

Thanks Muney. Held mine back and I never regretted a second of it. One more year at home, one more to mature, and oh yeah, I'll go ahead and say it. A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!
highschoolfan Wrote:Glad I could teach you something today, before the Titanic set sail the designer (D. Hilton)LOL...stated "not even GOD ALMIGHTY could sink the Titanic" that's history easyM, maybe you should of paid more attention in class at Lone Jack............:lmao:

Easy I did not know you went to Lone Jack???? Highschoolfan you are right you did teach me something today.
highschoolfan Wrote:Glad I could teach you something today, before the Titanic set sail the designer (D. Hilton)LOL...stated "not even GOD ALMIGHTY could sink the Titanic" that's history easyM, maybe you should of paid more attention in class at Lone Jack............:lmao:

Lone Jack Mustang!!!!!!
Only the naive believe in the mindset it could never happen.... We'll bring our life jackets just in case.......
William Muney Wrote:Knox is the same way. So is most teams. Parents care about their kids enough to hold them back. How do you know in grade school if they will even play ball? You don't but you do know they will be graduating and most kids are not mature enough to handle it. Holding them back you get them 1 more year at home and hopefully they are 1 year more mature to take on the "real world."

I have begged friends of mine to hold their kids back (boy or girl) for an extra year. Now scientific data exists to prove this is the best thing you could ever do for a kid. Simply pick up Malcolm Gladwell's bestseller Outliers. This book documents what really is behind "success" for some of the worlds greatest and everything from computers to sports. Your date of birth is a huge determining factor as your age vs your peers (in months) will often determines your place in the pecking order. Smarter, more athletic - you will get better training and be more successful. Younger, weaker, less advanced will get pigeon holed. The one thing you have control over as a parent is ensuring your kid graduates at the oldest age possible and still be eligible (if sports are her concern). To not do that is to miss providing them an advantage.

And yes, my kids have been held back 1 year. Best decision I ever made. And the parents who ignored my advice - as recenlty as 2 nights ago at an elementary girls ballgame said, "Should have held Johnny back."
Duplicate.
Football1 Wrote:I have begged friends of mine to hold their kids back (boy or girl) for an extra year. Now scientific data exists to prove this is the best thing you could ever do for a kid. Simply pick up Malcolm Gladwell's bestseller Outliers. This book documents what really is behind "success" for some of the worlds greatest and everything from computers to sports. Your date of birth is a huge determining factor as your age vs your peers (in months) will often determines your place in the pecking order. Smarter, more athletic - you will get better training and be more successful. Younger, weaker, less advanced will get pigeon holed. The one thing you have control over as a parent is ensuring your kid graduates at the oldest age possible and still be eligible (if sports are her concern). To not do that is to miss providing them an advantage.

And yes, my kids have been held back 1 year. Best decision I ever made. And the parents who ignored my advice - as recenlty as 2 nights ago at an elementary girls ballgame said, "Should have held Johnny back."

Such a good post it deserved X2. :flame:
easyM Wrote:Good idea! I like that one. Could you imagine if both set of fans had the super soakers while setting beside each other during and especially after the game?lol That would be a sight.....
That is so funny! I would have to put food coloring in mine. Don't run if you see someone with one. It might be me... I will know it is you because you will be the only one running. LOL:flame:
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next