Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bell County
72.73%
Knox Central
27.27%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell Co. @ Knox Central 10/1
easyM Wrote:I agree. You know our kids live just as hard. My goodness we're separated by what 15-20 minutes in distance? So, it's very crucial that our kids play smartly. A well coached team will play a physically tough and disciplined game. I know both of these teams are well coached. Sad part is, it only takes one or two players to blow it for either side.
I'm glad you got my point about 08. Knox was a totally different team in the playoffs. And honestly, Bell had everything to lose in that game. They had a lot more pressure on them than did Knox. But, the traditional power always has to bear that burden. It was a great game. I think Bell didn't play particularly well in the playoff game but by no means am I trying to take credit away from Knox. They came to play. It was a battle and Bell made one big play more than did Knox. I honestly think that game toughened up Bell and prepared them to battle and defeat Boyle the next week. Both Bell and Knox walked away from that game knowing they left it on the field.
Well said.
We can all talk.......but in the end the game has to be played...............and as far as the intentional injury inflicted upon a player is mindless.......unthinkable.......and if that is what drives you..............well you need to be absent from all high school sporting events that involves harmless children................GO BOBCATS
easyM Wrote:Not to say this is actually going to happen but I am in contact with several students of Knox. They're saying that when Davenport goes to the ground they will be in attack mode. I hope the zebras pay very close attention to the action after each play. And I'm not saying that they should only watch Knox. I'm just saying this based on what some are saying. I'm sure Bell has a headhunter or two that Dudley has to keep on a very short leash as well. And He Will!!!!! Wayne will do the same.....
if you listen to KIDS,youll be chasin sasquatch thru the woods.
Just saw this stat someone put up.

JC had many many many rushing yards against Knox Central.

Jude had 18 rushes for 207 yards
Hall had 14 rushes for 181 yards
Bratton had 10 rushes for 79 yards

Thats a total of 467 rushing yards in 3 players.

I thought KNOX D line and backers was suppose to be awesome?
Bell Co only gave up a total of 175 yards rushing all together against JC. Most coming after we started subbing.
they have got some fast running backs
Rushing - Johnson Central
1 J. J. Jude 18 207
5 J.k. Hall 14 181
42 Tanner Bratton 10 79
44 D.j. Ousley 6 54

521 rushing yards total

Passing - Johnson Central
3 Cody Parker 2 95
42 Tanner Bratton 1 7
44 D.j. Ousley 2 52
---------------------------
Total 154 yards passing
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Rushing - Johnson Central
1 J. J. Jude 18 207
5 J.k. Hall 14 181
42 Tanner Bratton 10 79
44 D.j. Ousley 6 54

521 rushing yards total

Passing - Johnson Central
3 Cody Parker 2 95
42 Tanner Bratton 1 7
44 D.j. Ousley 2 52
---------------------------
Total 154 yards passing

:yikes:
Football1 Wrote:I will say this and then I'm done talking about intentional injury of a player. I have been on the sidelines of every game Knox has played for the last 3 years. IF -1 time - I ever heard a coach ask a player to try to hurt someone I would have called him on it right there. It has never happened. :dontthink

Now, have we had players who take late shots on purpose? Sure. And have those players caught on ear full from Coach Mills and others - you bet. That is the bottome line. :Thumbs:

And no - you can't convert Muney. He may sniff of Bell Blue now and again but he is Panther Gold from the heart out. Good Lord, you have Davenport. With his 4.3 speed we likely will have to re-grass the field where the flames from his rear side have left scorch marks anyway; and you want to take one of the few Knox posters - man, does it ever end? LOL. :HitWall:

easyM Wrote:This won't make the Lawrence Co. faithful happy but I'm pretty sure that these two teams will meet again in the Regional Finals......:1:

BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Just saw this stat someone put up.

JC had many many many rushing yards against Knox Central.

Jude had 18 rushes for 207 yards
Hall had 14 rushes for 181 yards
Bratton had 10 rushes for 79 yards

Thats a total of 467 rushing yards in 3 players.

I thought KNOX D line and backers was suppose to be awesome?
We will let you be the judge after the game. Maybe you can sum it all up for us then. If i didn't know it for a fact I wouldn't post it . If it is true, maybe we just like bragging on our kids. We think they are tough. I am sure if you ask your oline after the game they can tell you.
Prototype Wrote:We will let you be the judge after the game. Maybe you can sum it all up for us then. If i didn't know it for a fact I wouldn't post it . If it is true, maybe we just like bragging on our kids. We think they are tough. I am sure if you ask your oline after the game they can tell you.

:wtf1:
I replied to bellcobobcats09 post idon't have a clue why it added the other post up there.
Two days until the CATS track northbound up 25 for a little stroll.
Enjoy your stroll EasyM. It is a bonus to travel such a short distance to see a good game.
Prototype Wrote:Enjoy your stroll EasyM. It is a bonus to travel such a short distance to see a good game.

:Thumbs: Almost as close as Log Mtn. for me. After Friday night I'll be back pulling for the Panthers....Until we meet again. Certain we will.
Prototype Wrote:Enjoy your stroll EasyM. It is a bonus to travel such a short distance to see a good game.

But it would be much more enjoyable if we had bleachers on the other side of the field. What the heck is up with that?
But hey, I can say over there with you guys. You are the peaceful type aren't you????
easyM Wrote:But it would be much more enjoyable if we had bleachers on the other side of the field. What the heck is up with that?
But hey, I can say over there with you guys. You are the peaceful type aren't you????

Mean to say set not say. I'll be setting beside Muney in the bleachers. He's pretty good at break a game down for you.....
easyM Wrote:Mean to say set not say. I'll be setting beside Muney in the bleachers. He's pretty good at break a game down for you.....

I give up. Meant to say breaking a game down. You panthers have me rattled this morning.
I'm feeling frisky.
Gimme Knox 24-20
zaga_fan Wrote:I'm feeling frisky.
Gimme Knox 24-20

It looks that way.lol
Well, there goes me taking up for you with the Blackbears......lol
easyM Wrote:But it would be much more enjoyable if we had bleachers on the other side of the field. What the heck is up with that?
I would love to see bleachers over there as well. I'm sure its a money thing. Maybe a game like this one where (hopefully) the stands will overflow for both teams will make the point that this is needed.
zaga_fan Wrote:I'm feeling frisky.
Gimme Knox 24-20
Join the Madness.
easyM Wrote:It looks that way.lol
Well, there goes me taking up for you with the Blackbears......lol

Ah c'mon easy!!
I voted for you guys in the poll and picked you in the week 6 pick em if that makes you feel any better Smile
Just figured I would throw a curveball.
[Image: http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/kmebo...pq5kob.jpg]
Football1 Wrote:I would love to see bleachers over there as well. I'm sure its a money thing. Maybe a game like this one where (hopefully) the stands will overflow for both teams will make the point that this is needed.

It amazes me that they're not bleachers on the other side to begin with. You spend the money they did, please finish the job and put bleachers on the visiting side. That's the only thing that keeps KC's facilities from being one of the nicest in Eastern Kentucky. I had heard talk that it was being discussed. I hope it comes to fruition....
Football1 Wrote:Join the Madness.

I hadn't looked at this thread yet...
I had no idea there would be 7 pages on it!!!
I've missed out....
I feel ashamed lol
zaga_fan Wrote:Ah c'mon easy!!
I voted for you guys in the poll and picked you in the week 6 pick em if that makes you feel any better Smile
Just figured I would throw a curveball.
[Image: http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/kmebo...pq5kob.jpg]

Ok Zag, we're still good. Don't feed the Bears!!!!!! haha
You're killing them over there.....
Yes Bell killed JC and we got beat by JC. I get it. Consider:

1. That means Bell (who was open that night) got to watch the KC/JC game in person to the man. Anybody who knows football uderstands how valueable Intelligence like this is to a really good team. This was a huge stroke of luck for Bell to get this view.
2. That means the best coach in KY got personal exposure and game film on JC vs a team where they had to pull out all the stops to beat. I bet Coach Hilton came into the JC game with a specific game strategy to help him win based on what he saw at that game. Some of you have even commented on his unique approach to the JC game with passing. Glad we could help.
3. That means you got a JC team that we had already beat up on to play. And make no mistake, they beat us up too...
4. It does not mean you will have success against us. That JC film vs Bell shows them making mistakes they did not make against us.
5. And early on, JC played with you. Whatever they failed at late is what we have to remedy. Can we? Friday night will tell the tale.
Football1 Wrote:Yes Bell killed JC and we got beat by JC. I get it. Consider:

1. That means Bell got to watch that game in person to the man.
2. That means the best coach in KY got personal exposure and game film vs our only loss to study.
3. That means you got a JC team that we had already beat up on to play.
4. It does not mean you will have success against us. That JC film vs Bell shows them making mistakes they did not make against us.
5. And early on, JC played with you. Whatever they failed at late is what we have to remedy. Can we? Friday night will tell the tale.

Very good question at the end.
As far as JC making mistakes there's a reason for that. You get smacked around enough you start to mess up. You start to force things. You start doing things you normally don't do. And that's the big task for KC come friday night IMO. When they get smacked in the mouth how do they respond? That will go a long ways in the outcome of Friday night's game. We will know soon.
Football1 Wrote:.
3. That means you got a JC team that we had already beat up on to play. And make no mistake, they beat us up too...

None of them were hurt after your game? You all must have not done a very good job of beating them up?

The QB #5 did have to set out the game after ours due to a concussion seems our team has that effect on players. I hope the young man is ok. Bell is very, very physical on both sides of the ball. Of the 5 games so far the starting QB has been knocked out of the game 3 times. Luckily they all were able to play the next week except for the boy from JC.

Zaga love the CUBS win keep at em!!!
easyM Wrote:Very good question at the end.
As far as JC making mistakes there's a reason for that. You get smacked around enough you start to mess up. You start to force things. You start doing things you normally don't do. And that's the big task for KC come friday night IMO. When they get smacked in the mouth how do they respond? That will go a long ways in the outcome of Friday night's game. We will know soon.

The main reason JC got sloppy near the end is Bell's depth, plain and simple. JC and KC have the players to line up and play with any of Bell's, Bell has more quality backup players. This is what it takes to win championships.

KC could very well beat Bell, but I think Bell's depth will take over in the second half. One thing for certain, schools like JC and KC are starting to build their programs and both will be teams to contend with in the future. Enjoy the ride this year Bell, you have a State Championship Team.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:None of them were hurt after your game? You all must have not done a very good job of beating them up?

The QB #5 did have to set out the game after ours due to a concussion seems our team has that effect on players. I hope the young man is ok. Bell is very, very physical on both sides of the ball. Of the 5 games so far the starting QB has been knocked out of the game 3 times. Luckily they all were able to play the next week except for the boy from JC.

Zaga love the CUBS win keep at em!!!

I believe that you are mistaken about that. I was told by a reliable source that KC put six of there players out. Four had returned for the game with Bell. This info came from JC coach.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next