Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bell County
72.73%
Knox Central
27.27%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell Co. @ Knox Central 10/1
William Muney Wrote:I do admire and cheer for Bell just not when they are playing KC!

As in dumb and dumber, so you're telling me there's still a chance?lol
I know you have to stick with your HOME team but hey, we welcome all additional support from others. If we can put you guys away maybe we can have you pulling for us the rest of the way.....
easyM Wrote:Hope it's not true as well but ask the ones in the know from either side and I guarantee you they say that the refs will be watching very closely. I hate that because the yellow flags can take away from a game but in this instance they might have to throw more than they would like to throw.
I think the refs will make the right decisions no matter what the situation is.
You are exactly right! Is that a picture of you holding our trophy?LOL
William Muney Wrote:I do admire and cheer for Bell just not when they are playing KC!

Muney, will KC defensively play us man up or will they be throwing the shells at us all night? I can't tell the difference. :worthy:
I wouldn't be surprised if Dudley doesn't throw almost as much as Coach Frazier did? Seems like that shell worked really well against the jacket offense. But honestly, I thought they manned up against the boro....
Prototype Wrote:You are exactly right! Is that a picture of you holding our trophy?LOL

Yep. We've been holding for many a years now. :1:
Good one!
Is this just 4A or what bc i know thats not right for rushing leaders if its all classes? Bc local cody hendrickson is one of the top leaders in the state!
Bell by at least 3 TD's if not 4
Prototype Wrote:Good one!

You sort of put me on the spot with that one.lol
This is a correct statement ive seen it myself in person!
mtn mafia Wrote:This is a correct statement ive seen it myself in person!

What statement are you talking about?
Sry, the 4.43 40 is what i was talking about!
mtn mafia Wrote:Sry, the 4.43 40 is what i was talking about!

Gotta ya. Didn't know.
highschoolfan Wrote:We are not concerned with what Hunter James stats are, this is about Bell vs KNOX, you will get to see just how good Hunter is when he faces a Bell or Knox defense blonde hair and all............:please:
Bell and Knox are not on the schedule this year. I did not mean to offend anybody I was just trying to figure out how to get a hard working young man some exposure so he could possibly get a break in the game of life. I saw the stat sheet and mistakenly thought he should have been on it. Once again I apologize for intruding on your site.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:Bell and Knox are not on the schedule this year. I did not mean to offend anybody I was just trying to figure out how to get a hard working young man some exposure so he could possibly get a break in the game of life. I saw the stat sheet and mistakenly thought he should have been on it. Once again I apologize for intruding on your site.

Welcome aboard. You will be forgiven if you post your prediction on this game. Unless you pick KC. JK. lol
Good luck to the kid and good luck to the Dogs.....
Sorry Dawgbyte but I don't think either team represented in this thread has a lot of respect for LC.

I am sure James is a great player but Bell nor Knox has an warm spots for the Dawgs.
easyM Wrote:Welcome aboard. You will be forgiven if you post your prediction on this game. Unless you pick KC. JK. lol
Good luck to the kid and good luck to the Dogs.....
I have to say ole' easyM flies with style. Nice touch.

And to the Dawgs I always tip my hat. Coach Salmons and crew are top notch. Our game, assuming we both do the work to get there, will be fun one.

Indeed - enter your prediction for Friday night. "Much Madness is Divinest Sense" - Emily Dickenson. Join the madness. Vote for KC!
William Muney Wrote:Sorry Dawgbyte but I don't think either team represented in this thread has a lot of respect for LC.

I am sure James is a great player but Bell nor Knox has an warm spots for the Dawgs.
Oh come now Muney - we must let by gones be by gones. Yes, the dancing (2009) was painful. But many the Dawg have apologized and agreed that such was uncalled for and a poor representation of a quality program...

This years game will give us our shot to rite the world. Should it occur. And to hear the Bell folks tell it; the best KC or LC can do it this point is play for 2nd in the region so we will just treat that game like its our Super Bowl. Fun stuff for all.
Football1 Wrote:Oh come now Muney - we must let by gones be by gones. Yes, the dancing (2009) was painful. But many the Dawg have apologized and agreed that such was uncalled for and a poor representation of a quality program...

This years game will give us our shot to rite the world. Should it occur. And to hear the Bell folks tell it; the best KC or LC can do it this point is play for 2nd in the region so we will just treat that game like its our Super Bowl. Fun stuff for all.

Oh I have forgiven but I will never forget. Anyways not all LC players/fans can be put in 1 category I am sure they have some good folks as well.
Football1 Wrote:I have to say ole' easyM flies with style. Nice touch.

And to the Dawgs I always tip my hat. Coach Salmons and crew are top notch. Our game, assuming we both do the work to get there, will be fun one.

Indeed - enter your prediction for Friday night. "Much Madness is Divinest Sense" - Emily Dickenson. Join the madness. Vote for KC!

Working in the political world of SE KY you learn to speak with style. Glad you noticed football1. :worthy:
rocket01 Wrote:Bell in a close one......Knox Central is for real this year with a dominant senior class.

Bell has a dominant senior class as well.. Bells seniors has lost 3 games (Lex. Cath. 08, Alcoa (09), and Boyle (09) who all went on to win the state championship. That gives them a total record of 44-3.. If thats not DOMINANT, I dont know what is
bellcobobcats11 Wrote:Bell has a dominant senior class as well.. Bells seniors has lost 3 games (Lex. Cath. 08, Alcoa (09), and Boyle (09) who all went on to win the state championship. That gives them a total record of 44-3.. If thats not DOMINANT, I dont know what is

That is pretty darn impressive even for a Bell Co. team.
William Muney Wrote:That is pretty darn impressive even for a Bell Co. team.

Ah rocket 01 is spot on Muney. He comes up with some of the best research known on BGR....
I don't know if what I seen yesterday is what I actually thought it was. Was we running the hurry up offense or was we running the hurry up and get out of the rain practice on offense. We looked horrible at it so I'm hoping it was the getting out of the rain practice....
Good luck to both teams friday night and may it be a close one. But I must say that Bell County is truly a solid football team, clearly the best team in 4A by far and in my opinion in the top 3 of all classes. I hope Knox can make a game of it
Dr. Truth Wrote:Good luck to both teams friday night and may it be a close one. But I must say that Bell County is truly a solid football team, clearly the best team in 4A by far and in my opinion in the top 3 of all classes. I hope Knox can make a game of it

Well since most of our KC posters are coaches we now can discuss the Bobcats without interruption.:Clap:
Gotta love this time of year. Not only is football in full swing but the games mean more now. It's all leading up to winning all the marbles. Buckle up everybody. It's on like Donkey Kong!!!!! :Clap:
easyM Wrote:This surprises me coming from you. I've not read any post from you that was ever classless. Well, I just did. I cannot believe you are saying that the kid would ask for it if he got hurt or he himself would try to do something like that. That is a pitiful excuse coming from anyone, shocked me that it was you. Very disappointing. No kid ever has deserved to be intentionally hurt as you just stated. I certainly hope both teams can be more classier than this. If a kid gets hurt during the actual game without intent, that can't be helped but to say ok he probably deserved to be head hunted is pathetic. Period!!!!!

Maybe I just didnt make my statement as clear as I should. First off the statement is singleing out former qp Zachery. Now before I go any further, I have 0 respect for him as an athlete. Was he a good one? Yes, the best around imo. I saw him play all 3 sports in hs, and whether you want to admit it or not, he is known for running his mouth and dishing out cheap shots. Am i trying to say the kid deserves to get hurt? Not at all. What im saying is, is if a KC player did give him a cheap shot, it was more than likely out of retaliation. You can agree with me or not on how he carried himself, I just know what I have seen him do on and off the field. A dog doesnt bite unless you mess with it. He messed with alot of dogs in his career. All that being said, I hope a pray for an injury free game and season to both teams.
the dark wizard Wrote:Maybe I just didnt make my statement as clear as I should. First off the statement is singleing out former qp Zachery. Now before I go any further, I have 0 respect for him as an athlete. Was he a good one? Yes, the best around imo. I saw him play all 3 sports in hs, and whether you want to admit it or not, he is known for running his mouth and dishing out cheap shots. Am i trying to say the kid deserves to get hurt? Not at all. What im saying is, is if a KC player did give him a cheap shot, it was more than likely out of retaliation. You can agree with me or not on how he carried himself, I just know what I have seen him do on and off the field. A dog doesnt bite unless you mess with it. He messed with alot of dogs in his career. All that being said, I hope a pray for an injury free game and season to both teams.

Let me say this. I coached Zachery in 3 sports. Coached him in one in high school. Did he talk trash? Yep. Was he the only one? Nope. Plenty upon plenty talk. Did I ever see him give a cheapshot? Not anything with the intent to actually hurt them seriously. And I'm not justifying any cheapshots by anyone but you know and I know that it goes on in so many games regardless of the sport by many different individuals. But no one, and I mean no one, deserves to be hurt in a serious manner by any other player. Most of what I seen out of him was talk. There again, we both know that they all talk. This is a very touchy issue. If a kid gets hurt due to something intentional by the other opponent you wait and see if the hammer doesn't come down hard on the team that done the dirty deed. I set and watched cheapshot after cheapshot in 08 during the Bell/KC games in football. I did notice how Zachery was taking very cheapshots the whole game. He wasn't the only one that happened to that night either but he did take the most. Take note of this, the game during the season Knox got caught up in trying to fight instead of playing the game. Not that I think Coach Mills had anything to do with that. He's top notch in my book. They play again in the Regional finals and Knox came to play instead of fighting. Go back and look at the score of the seasonal game and then the playoff game. You can determine what was on Knox's mind the first go round. I certainly hope that no one gets hurt intentionally in this game. Keep it clean and may the best may win.
easyM Wrote:Let me say this. I coached Zachery in 3 sports. Coached him in one in high school. Did he talk trash? Yep. Was he the only one? Nope. Plenty upon plenty talk. Did I ever see him give a cheapshot? Not anything with the intent to actually hurt them seriously. And I'm not justifying any cheapshots by anyone but you know and I know that it goes on in so many games regardless of the sport by many different individuals. But no one, and I mean no one, deserves to be hurt in a serious manner by any other player. Most of what I seen out of him was talk. There again, we both know that they all talk. This is a very touchy issue. If a kid gets hurt due to something intentional by the other opponent you wait and see if the hammer doesn't come down hard on the team that done the dirty deed. I set and watched cheapshot after cheapshot in 08 during the Bell/KC games in football. I did notice how Zachery was taking very cheapshots the whole game. He wasn't the only one that happened to that night either but he did take the most. Take note of this, the game during the season Knox got caught up in trying to fight instead of playing the game. Not that I think Coach Mills had anything to do with that. He's top notch in my book. They play again in the Regional finals and Knox came to play instead of fighting. Go back and look at the score of the seasonal game and then the playoff game. You can determine what was on Knox's mind the first go round. I certainly hope that no one gets hurt intentionally in this game. Keep it clean and may the best may win.
Your point about coming to play vs coming to fight may be the most important thing we need to learn. By nature, our kids our tough nuts who play ball like they live - hard. That is sometimes our best and worst friend. Honor and pride must be infused into to toughness in order to find champion results; otherwise, you are just a thug. We are getting there.

Both teams should come to this game with an increased concern for killing their team with stupid penalities as I'm sure the flags will fly quickly. And it would be a shame to have this one decided by the stripes.
Football1 Wrote:Your point about coming to play vs coming to fight may be the most important thing we need to learn. By nature, our kids our tough nuts who play ball like they live - hard. That is sometimes our best and worst friend. Honor and pride must be infused into to toughness in order to find champion results; otherwise, you are just a thug. We are getting there.

Both teams should come to this game with an increased concern for killing their team with stupid penalities as I'm sure the flags will fly quickly. And it would be a shame to have this one decided by the stripes.

I agree. You know our kids live just as hard. My goodness we're separated by what 15-20 minutes in distance? So, it's very crucial that our kids play smartly. A well coached team will play a physically tough and disciplined game. I know both of these teams are well coached. Sad part is, it only takes one or two players to blow it for either side.
I'm glad you got my point about 08. Knox was a totally different team in the playoffs. And honestly, Bell had everything to lose in that game. They had a lot more pressure on them than did Knox. But, the traditional power always has to bear that burden. It was a great game. I think Bell didn't play particularly well in the playoff game but by no means am I trying to take credit away from Knox. They came to play. It was a battle and Bell made one big play more than did Knox. I honestly think that game toughened up Bell and prepared them to battle and defeat Boyle the next week. Both Bell and Knox walked away from that game knowing they left it on the field.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next