Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have the results...
Well I went back to the doctor (AGAIN) yesterday and found out that I have mild sleep apnea. That means that I do stop breathing when I sleep but my oxygen levels don't drop (therefore I don't need to use a CPAP). So instead, I go in for surgery on December 28th for a tonsilectomy and some kind of nasal surgery. Eeek. :omg:

3 days before my bday! BOO!
I feel for you. I had Sinus surgery and i have to tell ya its the most painful thing i have ever had done to me.
I had the same thing when I was little. I'd quit breathing through the night and then my mom said I'd gasp for air like someone who was under water too long. I snored too. I used to also stay constantly sick with colds and pneumonia. I had a tonsilectomy and it fixed all of those things for me. I don't snore, quit breathing, and rarely get sick anymore. Hope all goes as well for you as it did for me.
I hope that everything goes well for you.
That sucks Cali.. everybody says sinus surgery is bad.. I will be praying for ya pal
They said like my septum in my nose is bent and it's causing blockages so they want to open it up more. I heard it was painful also. I'm so scared.
I will be honest that it is very painful, and it didnt help me it made me worse, but everyone else it has do wonders for. Who is the Dr that is going to do it.
I was in pain for about two weeks. the worst part is if they have to pack your nose. when they remove it it hurts like crazy.
My friend's aunt had her septum fixed because it was turned and causing some problems. Never asked if it hurt or not but there are always painkillers...

Best of luck with it, hope all goes well and is as painless as possible.
I've had the same surgery, They filled me with enough pain killers to knock me out for a few weeks, I really don't rember much, but waking up after the surgery walking out to the car, falling alseep in the car, getting home getting in bed and mom giving this bright blue horse pill and I fell back asleep. My routine after they take out the packing is, wake up for around an hour eat and move a little bit take some medicine and be out like a light. then as I started healing I didn't need the medicine as much And I stayed up for much longer.

But all in all it helped me out alot, and it does hurt alot, but after you feel you can hold solid foods eat a few to looseing your muscles of your throat.
It sounds painful Cali, good luck...hope it all goes well!
What I'm having done is either called a septoplasty or turbinectomy? They take something and cut out some of the bone and soft tissue in my nose. Ouch. I'm thinking it's the turbinectomy. But I'm also having the tonsilectomy at the same time...so it's like double.