Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bell County
72.73%
Knox Central
27.27%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell Co. @ Knox Central 10/1
kmba32 Wrote::Thumbs:
Yep, you Get it. :-)
bellcobobcats11 Wrote:#15 Collett would start for any other team in the mountains. In his career he probably has about 30 runs varsity and at least 50% of them have been 30+ yard TD's.. Plus, #10 Madon is the most efficient QB around and Bell has a group of skill players that make plays. Don't get me wrong, Davenport makes bell alot better, but to say if he got less than 100 yds or got hurt, bell would lose is WRONG

I think there goal is to hurt Davenport. Which is sad, if they wasnt they wouldn't even mention something like that!
bellcobobcats11 Wrote:#15 Collett would start for any other team in the mountains. In his career he probably has about 30 runs varsity and at least 50% of them have been 30+ yard TD's.. Plus, #10 Madon is the most efficient QB around and Bell has a group of skill players that make plays. Don't get me wrong, Davenport makes bell alot better, but to say if he got less than 100 yds or got hurt, bell would lose is WRONG
Well, there is clearly only one way we are going to be able to settle this. You guys need to huddle with Coach Hilton prior to the contest and convince him to SIT Davenport out. Just think how great your posts will be Saturday morning when you have beaten us without him. Yep, that is the plan -sit him. He needs the rest for MS and MC.

Then we will know for sure.
Football1 Wrote:Then I would disagree with our esteemed coaches. This team has a better QB, better Recievers, just as good RB, way Better DLine (except we don't have a Monroe); OLine is close and Maddog and Bailey are as good or better than Mills and Matt were. Canady fills the seat Greg left and this team does not make the mistakes that team made (ie the Corbin game). Even if Bell wins, as the world has predicted - this team will go 8-2 in regular season and (if we can beat LC - which will be all up hill) and Bell beats us for Region will still finish with one win more than the 08 team.

That is not taking anything away from that 08 team. They were excellent. But this team is better by a nose.
i disagree. i would take the phillips and carnes kids and win a lot of games.
big blu 2 u Wrote:i disagree. i would take the phillips and carnes kids and win a lot of games.
that team had bell by the throat and was applying the tapout choke when a shovel pass{of all things}ended the round.and that was at bell against a state champ squad.as much as i like this squad and hope they do well i just dont see a competitive game vs bell {a weaker bell than that year}this year.however this squad has athletes to be good,{some still young}.please prove me wrong and dominate this friday.use my post to motivate the troops.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I think there goal is to hurt Davenport. Which is sad, if they wasnt they wouldn't even mention something like that!
Until THAT Post I had respect for you. That is the most asenine, rediculous, and uncalled for nonsense you could have stated. You are either trying to start a false rumor like some 8th grade drama queen or you are just stupid.

For the record - I pray for the safety of every player who steps on the field in this game. And for a great athlete like Davenport - I hope he gets to put his skills on display at a great college someday where his legs earn him a free education and a chance to serve the world in a great career. And the same to every young man who risks injury every time they buckle a chin strap.

Amazing.
Football1 Wrote:Until THAT Post I had respect for you. That is the most asenine, rediculous, and uncalled for nonsense you could have stated. You are either trying to start a false rumor like some 8th grade drama queen or you are just stupid.

For the record - I pray for the safety of every player who steps on the field in this game. And for a great athlete like Davenport - I hope he gets to put his skills on display at a great college someday where his legs earn him a free education and a chance to serve the world in a great career. And the same to every young man who risks injury every time they buckle a chin strap.

Amazing.

U must have not been around in 08 when they tried to do that very thing to QB Zachery. The refs actually flagged them for it twice. That is something that is coached in order for it to happen by multiple players.

Anyway if Knox focuses too much on Corey Davenport the rest of the Bobcats will burn them. :flame:

So your RT is born on the creek and that makes him great? We have a few born on the creek, the mountain, the holler, the city and everywhere else. They will be up to the challenge.
big blu 2 u Wrote:that team had bell by the throat and was applying the tapout choke when a shovel pass{of all things}ended the round.and that was at bell against a state champ squad.as much as i like this squad and hope they do well i just dont see a competitive game vs bell {a weaker bell than that year}this year.however this squad has athletes to be good,{some still young}.please prove me wrong and dominate this friday.use my post to motivate the troops.

I wouldnt say this years Bell Co team is weaker than 08. They didnt have a Davenport on that team with that much speed. Greer was good but not fast. 2010 team is pushing quick to be better than the 08 squad.
Football1 Wrote:Until THAT Post I had respect for you. That is the most asenine, rediculous, and uncalled for nonsense you could have stated. You are either trying to start a false rumor like some 8th grade drama queen or you are just stupid.

Amazing.

Do you see us stating if one of your players get hurt? NONE whatsoever. That stuff doesnt enter our minds... Yes, you cant lie, you guys think if Davenport gets hurt you will have a chance against us or that statement would had never entered your mind.

Amazing.

No 8th grade drama queen here or stupid. Dont you talk middle school and grade school football all the time on here? Maybe you have it.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:No 8th grade drama queen here or stupid. Dont you talk middle school and grade school football all the time on here? Maybe you have it.

He does mention a lot about Little League and Middle school? :zzz:

Mentioning an injury sure sounds like a hope or threat not sure? Anyway I hope both teams come out healthy. From what I have heard very little extra "stuff" will be tolerated by the officials so that is good.
Football1 Wrote:You make good points here. But I stand by what I said. Davenport is the best RB in 4A -and the sharpest arrow in your quiver. I'm not saying you don't have others. Just none to compare to him. And to say your second is his equal is just silly. I have seen them both for years and while he is good, he's 1/2 what Davenport is.

Make no mistake about it - while I realize we are total underdogs here I AM WITH THE PLAYERS. I believe with every fiber of my being we can and will win. Here is the difference - if Bell wins - we still have a shot at the best regular season record EVER for our school. Our season does not rest on this game. And if we do our work - we will get another shot at mighty Bell. Recall you beat us bad in 08 in Regular Season and one fluke play prevented us from preventing you from getting that last banner - on log mountain. So playing you all again in the cold on Log Moutain is like a home game.

Bell, on the other hand, is not in such a position. A loss to us would be a devastation of biblical plauge proportions (think water to blood here). A win is nothing to celebrate about since 95% believe you will anyways. You guys have set your braggs from the get go that Bell is 3TDs better than anyone on your schedule and basically unbeatable. The ONLY way this season is not a major dissapointment to the Bell faithful is you win state. And if you beat us, I'll be there pulling for you. We don't have that pressure today. Maybe someday but not now...

KC 34
Bell 28 (2 from Davenport and 2 from Madon passing: I get it; Bell can throw it this year!)

Glad to see you finally said who you would think wins the game. I take it you wholeheartedly believe Knox will win, which is fine. Nothing wrong with that. The one thing you do have wrong was when you stated that I believed Collett was Davenports equal. I said Collett is the second best back in our district. Never compared the two of them.
Bell 42 knox 12
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:U must have not been around in 08 when they tried to do that very thing to QB Zachery. The refs actually flagged them for it twice. That is something that is coached in order for it to happen by multiple players.

Anyway if Knox focuses too much on Corey Davenport the rest of the Bobcats will burn them. :flame:

So your RT is born on the creek and that makes him great? We have a few born on the creek, the mountain, the holler, the city and everywhere else. They will be up to the challenge.
no one over here coaches that crap.{remember where our coach came from?}no matter where i watch football it seems when a kid gets hurt there is always someone who thinks it was purposely.and if we wanted to hurt or put a guy out of a game dont you think we would have done it a few times already?
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:U must have not been around in 08 when they tried to do that very thing to QB Zachery. The refs actually flagged them for it twice. That is something that is coached in order for it to happen by multiple players.

I highly doubt they tried to hurt him. And if they did, im sure he did or said something that caused a player to do that. I watched him play multiply sports before and all through high school and wouldnt put it past him to have done or said something.:ChairHit:

Adversity is not handed out equally in this life. And the ability to face it is not either. My point was this player has over come more than his share... I'm sure players on your team have done that same and for that I commend them as well.

And I was there in 08. If someone on that team was attempting to intentionally injure any player - it was on his own accord. No such thing was coached and had it been found out would have immediately been dealt with by our Coaches.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Do you see us stating if one of your players get hurt? NONE whatsoever. That stuff doesnt enter our minds... Yes, you cant lie, you guys think if Davenport gets hurt you will have a chance against us or that statement would had never entered your mind.
You are rediculous. But that is what makes you fun...

And you and everyone else can bet your bottom dollar I am very proud of our Little League and Middle School programs. They are a large part of what has helped turn Central from a terrible program to a team that is making a run at its best season ever. Not ashamed of that at all. I don't do emoticons so the ZZzz's from the little smiley face work for me. I sleep real well knowing we have a feeder program that guarantees a nice group of well trained young men who have a habbit of winning coming to our Varsity program each year. If that makes you sleepy - sweet dreams.
First of all to clarify things, the '08 game in the regional championship was no "fluke play". Call it what you want make up any excuse you want but the fact of the matter was it was a tremendous ball game where KC gave Bell all they wanted all the way down to the last 30 seconds of the game. Where Bell simply out excecuted KC on a planned/practiced Shovel pass. How is properly excecuting a planned and practiced play a fluke? I guess you will have to ask those from KNOX who need to make up excuses to make them feel better. Secondly, yes KC dline is bigger and more physical then bells oline, but athletic? Not so much. They can carry all the logs they want and wade the creeks and eat as much beef as they want to, that will not make them any more athletic enough to catch lil davenport. So i hope those log carrying days help them when they are piled up in the middle and cory is running around them. Thirdly, I dont think KC can put more then 14 points on the board agaisnt bell. They certainly have an outstanding athlete in little canady, and the gyst boy is dangerous as a freshman when he is lined up in the backfield, and they qb throws the ball decent can run a little but is very fragile. Other then this no big play personel. Should be a good one for first quarter and a half, after mill's pep talk at the beginning of the game wears off from bc smacking them in the mouth kc will lay down.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:He does mention a lot about Little League and Middle school? :zzz:

Mentioning an injury sure sounds like a hope or threat not sure? Anyway I hope both teams come out healthy. From what I have heard very little extra "stuff" will be tolerated by the officials so that is good.

I,m sure "Dudley do right" has already had his little talk with his crew, I mean Morgans crew.....should be a good called game,,,,,,,,:lmao:
Not sure why this is even a topic

Lets see ....
We both played Johnson Central ....
We won .... 42-18 (by 24 and played second string)
How'd you do ?
Oh yea
You lost 29-28 :Sad04:

Juss wait there at home, We will be there Friday. :ChairHit:
KyFanaticus Wrote:Not sure why this is even a topic

Lets see ....
We both played Johnson Central ....
We won .... 42-18 (by 24 and played second string)
How'd you do ?
Oh yea
You lost 29-28 :Sad04:

Juss wait there at home, We will be there Friday. :ChairHit:
That was insightful. Not really.
pureathlete Wrote:First of all to clarify things, the '08 game in the regional championship was no "fluke play". Call it what you want make up any excuse you want but the fact of the matter was it was a tremendous ball game where KC gave Bell all they wanted all the way down to the last 30 seconds of the game. Where Bell simply out excecuted KC on a planned/practiced Shovel pass. How is properly excecuting a planned and practiced play a fluke? I guess you will have to ask those from KNOX who need to make up excuses to make them feel better. Secondly, yes KC dline is bigger and more physical then bells oline, but athletic? Not so much. They can carry all the logs they want and wade the creeks and eat as much beef as they want to, that will not make them any more athletic enough to catch lil davenport. So i hope those log carrying days help them when they are piled up in the middle and cory is running around them. Thirdly, I dont think KC can put more then 14 points on the board agaisnt bell. They certainly have an outstanding athlete in little canady, and the gyst boy is dangerous as a freshman when he is lined up in the backfield, and they qb throws the ball decent can run a little but is very fragile. Other then this no big play personel. Should be a good one for first quarter and a half, after mill's pep talk at the beginning of the game wears off from bc smacking them in the mouth kc will lay down.
I agree. Fluke was a poor choice of words on my part. It was a great play.
Football1 Wrote:Well, there is clearly only one way we are going to be able to settle this. You guys need to huddle with Coach Hilton prior to the contest and convince him to SIT Davenport out. Just think how great your posts will be Saturday morning when you have beaten us without him. Yep, that is the plan -sit him. He needs the rest for MS and MC.

Then we will know for sure.
I'm sure KC wishes Bell would do that, but i think coach hilton will let him show off his 4.3 speed for about 3 quarters then sit him and let Collett get his :biggrin:
bellcobobcats11 Wrote:I'm sure KC wishes Bell would do that, but i think coach hilton will let him show off his 4.3 speed for about 3 quarters then sit him and let Collett get his :biggrin:

WOW now he runs a 4.3......by Friday he will be running a 2.7 this kid just gets faster......:worthy::worthy:
Bell Co.
highschoolfan Wrote:WOW now he runs a 4.3......by Friday he will be running a 2.7 this kid just gets faster......:worthy::worthy:
4.4* it's not really gonna make a difference friday night because all KC will see is the back of his jersey on his way to the end zone
4.43 40
I take knox in this game i think that their line is to big and strong and have played together longer bell always has a chance with davenport Knox 35 Bell 28 Davenport is the best running back in the State period! But Knox has the best front 4 dline in the state!
That is fast. Does Corey run track for the Highschool?
Is anyone in 4a as fast as Corey Davenport offense or defense?
What is the hardest hitting team that bell will face this year?
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next