Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley's future
How old is Brandon Kidd? Is he a teacher at the school? Does he have any coaching experience?
23 years old with 18 years of game experience and 2 years of head coaching experience at middle school level and was assistant to the high school level the last two years. If Jr. was to step down next year, he would have two years of coaching experience under him as I head coach and 5 seasons worth of coaching experience.
bball_fan Wrote:23 years old with 18 years of game experience and 2 years of head coaching experience at middle school level and was assistant to the high school level the last two years. If Jr. was to step down next year, he would have two years of coaching experience under him as I head coach and 5 seasons worth of coaching experience.

BK is 22 lol I'm 2 months older and 22. Just aggravating ya.
One factor most do not take into consideration when looking at the future is consolidation. Betsy Layne and Johnson Central have what they have where as East Ridge, SV and Pike Central will combine feeder schools. How they mesh will be interesting. BL has already lost Chase Hall which hurts their depth with the young group. Johnson Central seems to have stayed intact thus far which is a big plus but will they stay together? The same goes for SV, can they stay together? East Ridge probably will stay intact. Pike Central is the unknown team because they very well could see some transfers come in due to location and football.
23 years old and 18 years of game experience and 2 coaching. He start at 3 years old? Just kidding.

Betsy Layne also lost their point guard, but got the Daniels kid back from South Floyd. They will have to develop a point guard in that group but I don't know who it would be. The most important position on the team especially at the high school level.

JC does not combine with anyone but they have lots of depth at the freshman and 8th grade level.

East Ridge has a great young point guard, so their future will depend on developing their inside players.

Shelby Valley has a lot of good players but not one that dominates a game, Richardson does have the potential to do that down the road.

Pike Central's future I am not so sure about, I have not seen them much.
Valley can be good this year actually the can be pretty good..... The only thing is noone will ever think that because of the team last year. At 1st it might not be as good but that takes time and experience which they will develop. I mean they have practiced against last years team for the past 3 years you gotta be at-least a little decent...... Alot of this years team will depend on the players work ethic because if u looked at last years team all it was was hard-work and determination.... Valley has talent no matter if other people see it or not the main thing is dont let starting or getting yelled at by a coach stop you from working on your game.... I feel with or without me this year valley CAN be a very good ball club.... This Region is up for grabs its all gonna come down to who wants it more and who works the hardest for it..... Good Luck WILDCATS!
nice post bro, i agree with it 100%...hope everything goes good with ur eligibility, go WILDCATS!
nice post ramey, i agree 100% ...good luck on ur eligibility bro
It depends on the eligibilitys Valley has to work on. With Ramey and another, the team will be good and have alot more depth. Without them, Valley will still be a contender in region. Either way, I see Shelby Valley being very good. The coaching this year should be a factor too. Greg Newsome is an outstanding coach. I see him winning the district and leading SV to another outstanding year.
Valley's future will be very bright....These young men have incredible chemistry that is just waiting to be unlocked on the court
Valley will be very good. Not quite "Last years team" but they practiced against state champs for 3+ years. They've all gotten better.
Below Zero Wrote:Valley will be very good. Not quite "Last years team" but they practiced against state champs for 3+ years. They've all gotten better.

"Not quite"?

How about "nowhere near"?:biggrin:
goodguy Wrote:"Not quite"?

How about "nowhere near"?:biggrin:

True statement. But, these boys will be no pushover.
We should probably give these boys a chance to play first and see the outcome before predicting were they will finish. They always seem to post good teams even before the state champs.
Practices should be picking up here pretty soon!! I am pretty excited!
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Shelby Valley will go a long way from last year. Not anything close to last years team. But, their schedule is rough and will make them better.
YouCantGuardMe Wrote:Valley did get Keaton Johnson, he's from Logan west Virginia. He was on their team but didnt play. They also got Christian Bartley from east ridge. Look for a region championship and dont be surprised when it happens. Starting lineup at valley with the positions.
1.) point guard-Logan Lucas
2.) shooting guard- Rusty Roberts
3.) small forward- Trey Roberts
4.) power forward- Christian Bartley
5.) center- Keaton Johnson

Rusty Roberts has tremendous talent in any sport as he plays just about everyone at Valley (Except Soccer, and the female sports). I'll say him and his brother Trey Roberts will be known at Valley as the Dynamic Duo...Just sayin' lol. I remember Keaton Johnson was always a very dedicated, but he definitely doesn't go to Valley. The transfer you may be referring to is Tim Smith?
All I can really say is this year, our Fan attendance will raise, the games will be more intense due to the new coach Greg Newsome.. Last year for us is was more like "Oh, how many points will we beat this team by this time?" Now, it'll be more of "Look at this teams offense and defense, this could be a challenging game...". (:
with the amount of experience theese guys have, ppl are gonna be quiet suprised at how they're comin along, they looked great in the summer leauge games and they will only get better throughout the season!
YouCantGuardMe Wrote:Valley did get Keaton Johnson, he's from Logan west Virginia. He was on their team but didnt play. They also got Christian Bartley from east ridge. Look for a region championship and dont be surprised when it happens. Starting lineup at valley with the positions.
1.) point guard-Logan Lucas
2.) shooting guard- Rusty Roberts
3.) small forward- Trey Roberts
4.) power forward- Christian Bartley
5.) center- Keaton Johnson
is bartley eligible?