Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
53rd District
Who do you believe is the best team in the 53rd and who will be the surprise team of this district.

I think that KCC is the best team but that Cordia is going to surprise alot of people this year and make it to region.

1. KCC
2. LCC
3. Cordia
4. JBS
5. Jenkins
LCC is more dangerous then what people think. They scared KCC twice and PCC once and have basically the whole team back. They have worked hard this summer and have adjusted more to Coach Hammonds style of play
It would be a surprise if Cordia goes to the region.
KCC, LCC, Cordia, Jenkins, JBS.
Cordia will be a good team this year, Jenkins has alot of talent this year, look for them to improve to 12-16 Winning games, no Joke.
and when LCC plays KCC, its going to be a shootout, look for JBS to have a off season this year.
1.KCC..
2.Letcher..
3.Cordia
4.Jenkins/JBS

knott county is head and shoulders above the rest of the district.lcc might be the only team that will even give them a game but still wont beat them.lcc is a tad bit better than the other teams but other than those teams dont except much from the other 3. Kcc wins this district again with ease.
1. KCC
2. Cordia
3. LCC
4. Jenkins

This district is a 3 team race.....KCC appears to be the favorite but with the injury to Davis....the distance has shortened....Cordia beat Letcher twice last year and with the addition of Denny Fugate as coach....this could not only shake up the district but region as well....Letcher should be must improved with a year under their belt with Coach Hammonds.....Jenkins is still Jenkins and JBS is not having a team....should be fun to watch!!!
With the new addition to Jenkins of Coach Eric Ratliff, I look for a big turn around.
I believe right now that LCC and KCC are the best two teams, but watchout for Cordia toward the end of the year. It wouldn't surprise me to see them in the district finals.

Alot of people don't remember back when Denny first took over the program at Napier. It was in a faroff situation than Cordia is in right now. His first few years at napier, they didn't have a gym. They played there home games at Memorial Gym.

Just give Denny a team and let him work his magic.
IMO Knott is the best team in the region. Letcher could give them a scare though, they have some good talent.
Aslan Wrote:IMO Knott is the best team in the region. Letcher could give them a scare though, they have some good talent.

Aslan, thinks KCC is the best in region? No way. I actually think your Commodores are the perseason favorite. IMO.
Perry lost 5 seniors I believe and only return two players that played important minutes for them last year. Cornett and Brewer. Knott lost 4 seniors I believe but had a better bench than Perry and return some of those key players. Perry will definitely be in the hunt though, how far they go will depend on the players that haven't seen much pt.
This is the year that they may be shockers come tournament time. No team is dominant but several are dangerous.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:This is the year that they may be shockers come tournament time. No team is dominant but several are dangerous.

I can deff agree with that. There are no dominant teams in the 14th this season. I'm picking PC to win it this year do to their huge frontcourt,the Cornetts, and Sizemore should dominant the paint this season and now for the backcourt will be inexperience but like I said with those big boys I see them as my preseason favorite. I think Hatcher came to close every year to drop another one.

Back to the main topic.

1.KCC
2.LCC.
3.Cordia
4.Jenkins
5.JBS
:Thumbs:
MVP2 Wrote:I can deff agree with that. There are no dominant teams in the 14th this season. I'm picking PC to win it this year do to their huge frontcourt,the Cornetts, and Sizemore should dominant the paint this season and now for the backcourt will be inexperience but like I said with those big boys I see them as my preseason favorite. I think Hatcher came to close every year to drop another one.

Back to the main topic.

1.KCC
2.LCC.
3.Cordia
4.Jenkins
5.JBS
1)KCC
2)Cordia
3)LCC
4)Jenkins
5)JBS
Aslan Wrote:Perry lost 5 seniors I believe and only return two players that played important minutes for them last year. Cornett and Brewer. Knott lost 4 seniors I believe but had a better bench than Perry and return some of those key players. Perry will definitely be in the hunt though, how far they go will depend on the players that haven't seen much pt.

knott lost 5 but only 4 out of 5 really got to play
Knott and Perry will have some good games this year... I think Cordia will do Ok too.
1 Knott
2 LCC
everyone else doesn't really contend

I think LCC could move into the 1 spot if Knott's reserves from last year don't step up
I don't think it will happen, but it's a possibility
Does JBS even have a basketball team this year? I heard they had 3 high school students out for basketball this yaer.