Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Johnson Central for real this year or was this a fluke?
Not wanting any problems in this thread just wanting to know if jc is really as good as they put on friday night? Any thoughts i would like to hear them.
showgun Wrote:Not wanting any problems in this thread just wanting to know if jc is really as good as they put on friday night? Any thoughts i would like to hear them.

Will find out in the next couple of weeks,just like with the rest of the teams.
JC's been for real for several years now.
They are for real... Im so glad the Bell Co/JCC game is at Log Mountain this year.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:They are for real... Im so glad the Bell Co/JCC game is at Log Mountain this year.

I am also, i went down to bell county a few years back to watch the JC Bell scrimmage, it was a very nice place to be, should be a very good game, also glad its later on in the year rather than early like last year.
ummm,man this isnt some jumpstart program they take on anybody and have beaten anyone outside of highlands who has theyre number. but from my understanding last year alot of highlands fans were just as impressed with jc as they were with st xavier
The first half of last season was uncharacteristic of Johnson Central teams under Matney.The team had some key injuries, a very inexperienced line, and a stronger early season schedule than usual. The Golden Eagles began the season fumbling a lot more than any Matney team had done before, got blown out by Boyle and Bell, and the players seemed to lose their confidence. The team did recover to finish very strongly last year.

This year's team returned nearly all of its skill players from last season and apparently the new faces on the line came into the season opener ready to play. Hopefully, this team will avoid a rash of key injuries and will build confidence and depth over course of the entire season.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:ummm,man this isnt some jumpstart program they take on anybody and have beaten anyone outside of highlands who has theyre number. but from my understanding last year alot of highlands fans were just as impressed with jc as they were with st xavier

JC was a very good team, but I do not know of any Highlands fans who were just as impressed with them as they were with St. X. Their was a pretty large gape between the two teams.
Yes they did look good against Boyle and they will have a dang good season this year but it will take more then 1 game to see if they are real or not.
sstack Wrote:JC was a very good team, but I do not know of any Highlands fans who were just as impressed with them as they were with St. X. Their was a pretty large gape between the two teams.
I recall some favorable comparisons of Johnson Central's running game to Cincy St. X following the Highlands win over Johnson Central. But I do not recall anybody suggesting that JC was in the same league as St. X overall. Obviously, JCs defense was not anywhere near St. X's or the Golden Eagles might have entered this season as the defending 5A champs. :biggrin:
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:ummm,man this isnt some jumpstart program they take on anybody and have beaten anyone outside of highlands who has theyre number. but from my understanding last year alot of highlands fans were just as impressed with jc as they were with st xavier

That's stretching it a little don't you think? Respect is there but don't compare JC to a GCL powerhouse like X.
This thread is a bit much but I'll play along; Yes, JC is for real this year.
The only other team i see them losing to in the regular season this year is possibly Bell county.i think the only team standing between them and a state title is highlands.if they want to beat highlands the defense really needs to improve.to sum it up yes they are for real.:Thumbs:
Coach Matney teams "whom ever it might be" (Jc/Sc) are and was always the truth...Great coach and he does a great job at making sure his teams are the truth...Jc will be hard to handle this season,especially with Jude at RB..
sstack Wrote:JC was a very good team, but I do not know of any Highlands fans who were just as impressed with them as they were with St. X. Their was a pretty large gape between the two teams.

Hoot Gibson Wrote:I recall some favorable comparisons of Johnson Central's running game to Cincy St. X following the Highlands win over Johnson Central. But I do not recall anybody suggesting that JC was in the same league as St. X overall. Obviously, JCs defense was not anywhere near St. X's or the Golden Eagles might have entered this season as the defending 5A champs. :biggrin:

whackem'n'stackem Wrote:That's stretching it a little don't you think? Respect is there but don't compare JC to a GCL powerhouse like X.

on a year to year level i would agree but i believe bardo didnt play in the st x game but did against central correct and central still kept it a two touchdown deficit and put up more points so maybe not just as good of a program but they def made an impression i believe
They are gonna get highlands eventually.
This tempts me to make a thread called: "Was this win just a fluke for Boyle County or are they just THAT BAD this year?" :devilflam

Great game to both sides. Wish them both a great season.
Lone Oak Shocker Wrote:This tempts me to make a thread called: "Was this win just a fluke for Boyle County or are they just THAT BAD this year?" :devilflam

Great game to both sides. Wish them both a great season.

lol hate to burst your bubble but noone wins a state championship in 4a without going through either bell co or boyle co first
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:on a year to year level i would agree but i believe bardo didnt play in the st x game but did against central correct and central still kept it a two touchdown deficit and put up more points so maybe not just as good of a program but they def made an impression i believe

He was a big part of the X game! He got hurt in the second half of that game. In the JC game he did not/could not play QB due to injured elbow. He played very little at RB and kick returner. And yes, HHS fans said they made an impression. The impression was their running game,but the nonexistant passing game and pass D keeps them far from X's level.
sstack Wrote:He was a big part of the X game! He got hurt in the second half of that game. In the JC game he did not/could not play QB due to injured elbow. He played very little at RB and kick returner. And yes, HHS fans said they made an impression. The impression was their running game,but the nonexistant passing game and pass D keeps them far from X's level.

thanks for clearing that up i knew he didnt play at qb in the jc game cause he still haad a cast but i thought he was hurt the week before the st x game:Thumbs:
Central has been "For Real' for the past several years.Their program might be a little behind Highlands,Boyle,Bell,St.X (ky), Trinty,These teams have dominated The state for many years.Every program in the state aspires to build up to those teams level of consistancy.There are some East Ky.That are slowly closing the gap between us and the "Big Dogs".With continued hard work & dedication + doing things the right way Mountain teams can eventually rise to that level. I feel that J.C.,Belfry,Lawrence Co.,Sheldon Clark,Prestonsburg are examples of Eastern KY. teams doing things right and leading the way to closing the gap and bringing respect to Mountain football.I think we all need to stop arguing and start supporting ALL E.KY. teams and shine a spotlight on our mountain kids, bring some much needed recruiting attention to our area.Good luck to everyone the remainder of the season.
Valley Girl Wrote:Central has been "For Real' for the past several years.Their program might be a little behind Highlands,Boyle,Bell,St.X (ky), Trinty,These teams have dominated The state for many years.Every program in the state aspires to build up to those teams level of consistancy.There are some East Ky.That are slowly closing the gap between us and the "Big Dogs".With continued hard work & dedication + doing things the right way Mountain teams can eventually rise to that level. I feel that J.C.,Belfry,Lawrence Co.,Sheldon Clark,Prestonsburg are examples of Eastern KY. teams doing things right and leading the way to closing the gap and bringing respect to Mountain football.I think we all need to stop arguing and start supporting ALL E.KY. teams and shine a spotlight on our mountain kids, bring some much needed recruiting attention to our area.Good luck to everyone the remainder of the season.

Good post. I think that they are continuing their gradual success over the past 3 or 4 years. I am very happy to see these types of teams come out of the mountains and continue to compete downstate against some traditional powers in Kentucky football.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Johnson Central is a good team. But there are not world beaters or anything of the such. They played a respectable Boyle Co. team close, but threads like these are way to premature.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:They are gonna get highlands eventually.

Keep these posts comin'.....The Highlands kids love em':Clap:
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:on a year to year level i would agree but i believe bardo didnt play in the st x game but did against central correct and central still kept it a two touchdown deficit and put up more points so maybe not just as good of a program but they def made an impression i believe

I believe doublestack cleared up this post but I have to add the fact that if Bardo would have been the QB at the time they played JC last year, the score would have been in the 60's. No team in the state of Ky. would have come close to beating those Birds and their triple threat.
The JC team is absolutely FOR REAL!!! They are an awesome team. The Coach from Boyle Co. even said so. He said that if the Refs hadn't made a couple of BAD CALLS that JC would have beat Boyle by one TD, instead of them by one TD. I was there and it was the MOST EXCITING game I have seen in YEARS!! I look forward to the rest of the season. GO EAGLES GO!!!! Love ya boys!!!
Football Mama Wrote:The JC team is absolutely FOR REAL!!! They are an awesome team. The Coach from Boyle Co. even said so. He said that if the Refs hadn't made a couple of BAD CALLS that JC would have beat Boyle by one TD, instead of them by one TD. I was there and it was the MOST EXCITING game I have seen in YEARS!! I look forward to the rest of the season. GO EAGLES GO!!!! Love ya boys!!!

Idk hard to top last years Ashland JC game that was a dandy
Jack Lambert Wrote:The only other team i see them losing to in the regular season this year is possibly Bell county.i think the only team standing between them and a state title is highlands.if they want to beat highlands the defense really needs to improve.to sum it up yes they are for real.:Thumbs:

Yea well I think there are some boys over on ELM st. (That'd be putnam stadium) That might have something to say bout that?? :dontthink
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Idk hard to top last years Ashland JC game that was a dandy
I missed that one. But this season looks to be quite the eye opener. lol!!
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:lol hate to burst your bubble but noone wins a state championship in 4a without going through either bell co or boyle co first

I just read this. Twice. And I have no idea what you think that I was implying by my earlier post. Confusedhrug:

-scorp