Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region 2010/11
Pick your top 5 teams in the 14th region for 2010/11!!!!!! Here's mine:

1) Hazard
2) PCC/Knott (hard to say who is 2nd best)
3) Buckhorn
4) Letcher
5) Leslie
bdub Wrote:Pick your top 5 teams in the 14th region for 2010/11!!!!!! Here's mine:

1) Hazard
2) PCC/Knott (hard to say who is 2nd best)
3) Buckhorn
4) Letcher
5) Leslie

I'm definitely a fan of the Horn...
but I wouldn't put em 3rd
Where would you put them???? I maybe way off here!!!!!
bdub Wrote:Where would you put them???? I maybe way off here!!!!!

I wouldn't put them very far down, but it's just so hard to put the Horn at 3 to me
Not because they aren't talented, just that they usually don't make noise in their district, let alone the 14th.
It's sad that it comes down to that....
Noble is a great coach and Day is a beast, but they probably are going to be enjoying the Regional tourney on the radio because the way the 54th is stacked. There isn't anyone that really competes with Hazard or Perry, so they get the shaft every year.

Talent-wise I would put them at 4 or 5
However, come tourney time they probably won't be a factor.
zaga_fan Wrote:I wouldn't put them very far down, but it's just so hard to put the Horn at 3 to me
Not because they aren't talented, just that they usually don't make noise in their district, let alone the 14th.
Noble is a great coach and Day is a beast, but they probably are going to be enjoying the Regional tourney on the radio because the way the 54th is stacked. There isn't anyone that really competes with Hazard or Perry, so they get the shaft every year.

:Thumbs:
Hazard
Perry Central
Knott Central
Letcher Central
Wolfe County
Buckhorn
Leslie County
Breathitt County
Powell County
Estill County
palmer Wrote:Hazard
Perry Central
Knott Central
Letcher Central
Wolfe County
Buckhorn
Leslie County
Breathitt County
Powell County
Estill County

not bad, 55th dis will have wolfe county unless breathitt can suprise me...but for now i might move Powell up....but the real ? here is how do you think will make it to the 14th region finals?
zaga_fan Wrote:I wouldn't put them very far down, but it's just so hard to put the Horn at 3 to me

your right, in the 54th Hazard and Perry are coming out unless horn picks up there game a lot...
Yeah i agree!!!! Just the luck of the draw in the 54th district...A think Wolfe will be down due to the fact that the gilbert kid is at SCOTT County now. Kinda sad for them, he would be a nice player in the 14th region this year.
bdub Wrote:Yeah i agree!!!! Just the luck of the draw in the 54th district...A think Wolfe will be down due to the fact that the gilbert kid is at SCOTT County now. Kinda sad for them, he would be a nice player in the 14th region this year.

but i believe they should be able to beat Brethitt for the 55th...Jackson and riverside will not be a threat.
Againstme! Wrote:but i believe they should be able to beat Brethitt for the 55th...Jackson and riverside will not be a threat.

Gilbert is back.Told he may start as a Jr. so he ran back home.
how can he get eligible

Day a beast?
i have no clue where your coming from cause he is to small to push around and score inside against the bigs of perry and hazard and he cant shoot good enough to even be close to an outside threat so.....:lmao:
Day will be the top-ranked player in the 14th Region.
when did that happen??????
i agree with bdub that hasnt happened and never will he is not and never will be the top player so quit dreaming
Beast of the East Wrote:i agree with bdub that hasnt happened and never will he is not and never will be the top player so quit dreaming

i think he will be good but not the best player.
BOBCAT Wrote:Gilbert is back.Told he may start as a Jr. so he ran back home.

either way i still say wolfe will be at the top of the 55th
Beast of the East Wrote:Day a beast?
i have no clue where your coming from cause he is to small to push around and score inside against the bigs of perry and hazard and he cant shoot good enough to even be close to an outside threat so.....:lmao:

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking....

He got thrown around all last year, didn't he?
He was probably only in the top 3 or so in scoring AND rebounding in the 14th last year.
zaga_fan Wrote:Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking....

He was probably only in the top 3 or so in scoring AND rebounding in the 14th last year.

Zaga, I don't want you to have a heart attack but I agree with you. Day is the real deal and a good player. Buckhorn still probably don't have the horses to win the district but Hazard and Perry Central are more vulnerable then tney have been in a while. Injuries and a little luck may change things. I am impressed with the post players from PCC but they lost some key players from last year. The only player that Hazard has that really impresses me is Olinger. They will miss Whitaker more then they think. KCC will be in the hunt as they may be more well rounded and athletic then last year. They just don't have superstars. LCC will be the most improved team but will have to prove on the court they can beat the upper echelon teams in the region on a consistent basis. They have proven that last few years they can play close with them but they need to start winning consistently against the big dogs.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Zaga, I don't want you to have a heart attack but I agree with you. Day is the real deal and a good player. Buckhorn still probably don't have the horses to win the district but Hazard and Perry Central are more vulnerable then tney have been in a while. Injuries and a little luck may change things. I am impressed with the post players from PCC but they lost some key players from last year. The only player that Hazard has that really impresses me is Olinger. They will miss Whitaker more then they think. KCC will be in the hunt as they may be more well rounded and athletic then last year. They just don't have superstars. LCC will be the most improved team but will have to prove on the court they can beat the upper echelon teams in the region on a consistent basis. They have proven that last few years they can play close with them but they need to start winning consistently against the big dogs.
I AGREE...Im just not sure that LCC will be that much better. They're guard play is really weak. KCC should have a great outside game but no inside game. Hazard should be the best team with Olinger the addition of 6'5"Whitaker from Leslie County and strong guard play. PCC will be almost unstopppable inside with the Cornett brothers and Sizemore, just dont know about they're guard play.
I do not know if Hazard's guards are disciplined enough to handle the pressure without Whitaker on the flloor. LCC guard play has improved some over the summer but they still need to prove it during the big games.
I would love to see Hazard win a region with five players that have always played for Hazard.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Zaga, I don't want you to have a heart attack but I agree with you. Day is the real deal and a good player. Buckhorn still probably don't have the horses to win the district but Hazard and Perry Central are more vulnerable then tney have been in a while. Injuries and a little luck may change things. I am impressed with the post players from PCC but they lost some key players from last year. The only player that Hazard has that really impresses me is Olinger. They will miss Whitaker more then they think. KCC will be in the hunt as they may be more well rounded and athletic then last year. They just don't have superstars. LCC will be the most improved team but will have to prove on the court they can beat the upper echelon teams in the region on a consistent basis. They have proven that last few years they can play close with them but they need to start winning consistently against the big dogs.

Wink
I agree with you as well
One thing to think about though is that the 54th district draws and they don't seed.
If Buckhorn draws Leslie, you are looking at Buckhorn in the district final and playing in the Regional tournament.
Assuming they lose, if they draw anyone other than the 53rd....
I think they can advance and who knows what happens.
I definitely don't think they will win it all, but you may be able to hear them make some noise.
zaga_fan Wrote:Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking....

Any average player playing at Buckhorn will be ranked high in scoring, because they usually have only that one decent player.
king360 Wrote:Any average player playing at Buckhorn will be ranked high in scoring, because they usually have only that one decent player.

That is usually the case, but I think Matt Day would be a legitimate scoring threat on any team in the region.
I guarantee all of you that Day will be ranked No. 1 in the 14th when the rankings come out in October.
zaga_fan Wrote:Wink
I agree with you as well
One thing to think about though is that the 54th district draws and they don't seed.
If Buckhorn draws Leslie, you are looking at Buckhorn in the district final and playing in the Regional tournament.
Assuming they lose, if they draw anyone other than the 53rd....
I think they can advance and who knows what happens.
I definitely don't think they will win it all, but you may be able to hear them make some noise.

yes IF buckhorn draws they will be a tuff team in the regionals...but either way you're looking at 2 good teams coming out of the 54th...which is every year really 55th usually as one good team come out...56th as been weak passed couple of years...and i have never seen a bad team come out of the 53rd.

out of the past 10 years 6 teams from the 54th has won the regional tournament. |4 - Hazard |2 - Perry|. 3 teams from the 53rd. |1 - Knott co| 1 - JBS| 1 - Whitesbrug|. and one from the 56th which was Powell co.

on this i would have to say the 54th the passed 10 years have beasted the 14th region. do you think they will the next 10? unless you believe in 2012...haha

i say 54th will have no trouble this year getting a team to state.
Againstme! Wrote:yes IF buckhorn draws they will be a tuff team in the regionals...but either way you're looking at 2 good teams coming out of the 54th...which is every year really 55th usually as one good team come out...56th as been weak passed couple of years...and i have never seen a bad team come out of the 53rd.

out of the past 10 years 6 teams from the 54th has won the regional tournament. |4 - Hazard |2 - Perry|. 3 teams from the 53rd. |1 - Knott co| 1 - JBS| 1 - Whitesbrug|. and one from the 56th which was Powell co.

on this i would have to say the 54th the passed 10 years have beasted the 14th region. do you think they will the next 10? unless you believe in 2012...haha

i say 54th will have no trouble this year getting a team to state.

There's a thousand different possibilities lol
I think Buckhorn could give anyone in the 56th or 55th a run for their money.
I'm assuming Knott is going to come out of the 53rd and I don't think Buckhorn can match up against them, but never count them out, a few years ago they smashed PCC in the opening round of district.
zaga_fan Wrote:There's a thousand different possibilities lol
I think Buckhorn could give anyone in the 56th or 55th a run for their money.
I'm assuming Knott is going to come out of the 53rd and I don't think Buckhorn can match up against them, but never count them out, a few years ago they smashed PCC in the opening round of district.

i believe thats what buckhorn wants ppl to count them out so they are able to suprise teams with their skill.