•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle Co. 2010
64black&gold Wrote:I don't think anyone was saying that the two new players moved here from Florida just to play football. Im sure its just a case of someone transferring jobs or something of that nature. Nobody is saying the reason they left Florida is to play at Boyle County.

But that didn't answer the question, The original question was what does Danville, Ky have to offer that a city in FL doesn't. It does sound a little fishy but who am I to point fingers. If the KHSAA sees any wrong doing they will punish accordingly.
goodgreif Wrote:Dad hasn,t purchased a house yet there shopping (and school shopping) its between Boyle and another Team in the district there from Tampa have relatives that play for the other school. Fr. So. no varsity time from there school in florida. They seem like pretty nice people but i dont like them shopping for schools based on football. im thinkin that might get both schools in trouble becouse we both let them set in on practice and talk to the coaches without being enrolled.

64black&gold Wrote:I don't think anyone was saying that the two new players moved here from Florida just to play football. Im sure its just a case of someone transferring jobs or something of that nature. Nobody is saying the reason they left Florida is to play at Boyle County.

Did you read this post????
Captain Backdoor. It seems as if you think that Boyle County recruited some players from Florida. Please, do you really believe this non-sense? :popcorn:
Captain Backdoor Wrote:But that didn't answer the question, The original question was what does Danville, Ky have to offer that a city in FL doesn't. It does sound a little fishy but who am I to point fingers. If the KHSAA sees any wrong doing they will punish accordingly.

I hardly doubt that some kids from Florida traveled to Danville, KY to play football for Boyle County High School based purely on athletics. Maybe the dad or mom got a better job. And who cares what Danville, KY has to offer. I'm sure this has more to do with the parents than the kids. None of this story sounds fishy at all.
BoyleCounty Wrote:I hardly doubt that some kids from Florida traveled to Danville, KY to play football for Boyle County High School based purely on athletics. Maybe the dad or mom got a better job. And who cares what Danville, KY has to offer. I'm sure this has more to do with the parents than the kids. None of this story sounds fishy at all.

That is exactly what I am saying Danville is a small town there is very limited job resources there. As to where most cities in Florida have a decent job base. If the parents was looking for jobs or a job placement brought them to Kentucky, what draws them to Danville? Why would they not go to Richmond or Lexington? All I am asking is what does Danville have to offer that other cities in Ky doesn't. Besides with Danville and Boyle County High schools they have a tremendous amount of Championships between them.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:That is exactly what I am saying Danville is a small town there is very limited job resources there. As to where most cities in Florida have a decent job base. If the parents was looking for jobs or a job placement brought them to Kentucky, what draws them to Danville? Why would they not go to Richmond or Lexington? All I am asking is what does Danville have to offer that other cities in Ky doesn't. Besides with Danville and Boyle County High schools they have a tremendous amount of Championships between them.

While Danville may be small, it still has a pretty sizable industrial base with numerous factories (19 are monitored by the EDP) totaling over 3,000 jobs. While layoffs have been strong at times (over 200 since year end) in the 1st Q of 2010, seven industries have increased employment (Caterpillar plans to add new jobs). Very possible that this is a transfer from another facility. Maybe they took a job in another town and want to live here. It is a good place to live, with a lot of nice subdivisions with 40 miles of Lex and 90 of Louisville. Boyle's educational system has improved by leaps and bounds over the last 15 years or so. Day and night since I graduated in 1978.

Finally, maybe it is because we are now a wet city.

Who wants to live in Richmond? My aunt and uncle live their and outside of EKU what is there?
kyrocklover Wrote:While Danville may be small, it still has a pretty sizable industrial base with numerous factories (19 are monitored by the EDP) totaling over 3,000 jobs. While layoffs have been strong at times (over 200 since year end) in the 1st Q of 2010, seven industries have increased employment (Caterpillar plans to add new jobs). Very possible that this is a transfer from another facility. Maybe they took a job in another town and want to live here. It is a good place to live, with a lot of nice subdivisions with 40 miles of Lex and 90 of Louisville. Boyle's educational system has improved by leaps and bounds over the last 15 years or so. Day and night since I graduated in 1978.

Finally, maybe it is because we are now a wet city.

Who wants to live in Richmond? My aunt and uncle live their and outside of EKU what is there?

Wet or moist? Can you actually purchase alcohol in stores or just in resturants?

I didn't say that they did want to live in Richmond and I didn't say they wanted to live in Lexington.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:That is exactly what I am saying Danville is a small town there is very limited job resources there. As to where most cities in Florida have a decent job base. If the parents was looking for jobs or a job placement brought them to Kentucky, what draws them to Danville? Why would they not go to Richmond or Lexington? All I am asking is what does Danville have to offer that other cities in Ky doesn't. Besides with Danville and Boyle County High schools they have a tremendous amount of Championships between them.

Captain Backdoor Wrote:Wet or moist? Can you actually purchase alcohol in stores or just in resturants?

I didn't say that they did want to live in Richmond and I didn't say they wanted to live in Lexington.

Wet. Licences are in the process of being issued for package stores. Liquor Barn has applied for one. You can purchase beer in various c-stores around town now.

You implied in you question that Richmond or Lexington was a better choice. I disagree, but that is a personal choice. I think Danville is the better of the three choices. Personally, I wish they would build a bridge over Lexington. It would make my travel to my farm in Greenup Co. a whole lot easier.

Any more questions? :1:

Captain Backdoor Wrote:Wet or moist? Can you actually purchase alcohol in stores or just in resturants?

Wet. Licences are in the process of being issued for package stores. Liquor Barn has applied for one. You can purchase beer in various c-stores around town now.

You implied in you question that Richmond or Lexington was a better choice. I disagree, but that is a personal choice. I think Danville is the better of the three choices. Personally, I wish they would build a bridge over Lexington. It would make my travel to my farm in Greenup Co. a whole lot easier.

Any more questions?
With all due respect to Florida... I too would rather live in Danville than in the majority of that state. The Florida beyond Disney World select areas, and the beaches is not my idea of a place I would want to live 365 days a year..just personal preference there.
kyrocklover Wrote:Wet. Licences are in the process of being issued for package stores. Liquor Barn has applied for one. You can purchase beer in various c-stores around town now.

Any more questions?
I didn't know that Danville had gone wet. I just hope Somerset does soon. I am not saying that Lexington or Richmond is a better place to live. I'll agree if I had choose between the 3 I would choose Danville because of small town and the many acres of farm land. I am like yourself I have been raised on a farm and I don't like the city life. The reason I ask why they would move to Danville as opposed to Richmond or Lexington is not to belittle Danville. I just don't see the job opportunity that Lexington has to offer. That is all.
We moved to Danville 5 yrs ago and drive an hour to work (both of us). Danville is a beautiful place and the people here are great. I wouldnt live in Lexington for any amount of Money or even a free Home. We dont have any family in Danville, just happened to be visiting the Lake and found the perfect home and I can honestly say neither of us can imagine living anywhere else, after only 5 yrs here It feels like home. Come visit Danville youll see what it has to offer, Beautiful Place!
@Captain Backdoor. Sorry for apparent shortness in my post. I meant to put a smilie behind the "any more questions".

I would think the father or mother already has the job, just now looking for location and school. If I had changed jobs or relocated to another city or state, I would do the same thing and try to find a school that best suited my daughter.

Just becasuse you live in Danville does not mean you can not work in Lexington. The drive is short and I would assume someone would pick Danville, Lancaster, Stanford, Nicholasville, or Harrodsburg over Lexington because of the small town atmosphere. Personally I hate the traffic in Lexington and could never deal with that on a daily basis. I would much better raise my family in a small town rather than the big city.
Rebel55 Wrote:Just becasuse you live in Danville does not mean you can not work in Lexington. The drive is short and I would assume someone would pick Danville, Lancaster, Stanford, Nicholasville, or Harrodsburg over Lexington because of the small town atmosphere. Personally I hate the traffic in Lexington and could never deal with that on a daily basis. I would much better raise my family in a small town rather than the big city.

Absolutely!
So who else Thinks Boyle defence will score more td's than they give up in the first ten games.
sawmill Wrote:So who else Thinks Boyle defence will score more td's than they give up in the first ten games.

I can see it. Boyle County's defense is what can get them to the state championship again. I can honestly say that I believe that Boyle County's defense will score more touchdown's than they give up for the first ten games.
brown_ind1977 Wrote:I hope that JC gets a couple of good scrimmages before the first game. Last year we had a new qb and you seen what that can cause. No excuses we got whipped, your right tho we want revenge.

Boyle's offense will likely take some time to get it's feet but the Defense will be as good or better than last years. That will be the equalizer vs. Johnson Central or any other team Boyle faces IMO. :Thumbs:
Boyle County will have a great season this year so i wanna wish them good luck althought they don't need it lol. Looking forward to maybe another Semi-finals showdown!!:Thumbs:
Daniel_BellCo Wrote:Boyle County will have a great season this year so i wanna wish them good luck althought they don't need it lol. Looking forward to maybe another Semi-finals showdown! :Thumbs:

I really hope that we all have the privilege to see a Bell County vs. Boyle County semi-final. You guys have great fans and it would be an honor to go to log mountain again. :Thumbs:
that turf is going to be nice
If the two kids have never played varsity it doesn't matter ifthey are shopping for schoolss they'll be eligible immediately anyways, correct? If I was moving out of state you better believe that one of the things I am going to look at before buying a house is what school district is it in and how good their basketball program is(my sons play basketball). I'm not going to move out of state and move into a school district with a below average basketball program. I am going to make an informed decision as I would think that most parents would. My kid may be spoiled but his happiness is important to me.
Daniel_BellCo Wrote:Boyle County will have a great season this year so i wanna wish them good luck althought they don't need it lol. Looking forward to maybe another Semi-finals showdown!!:Thumbs:

They have a phenominal history and tradition! A very probabal continuance of the same. Good luck [most likely not needed] in 2010.
aug 20 cant get here fast enough.....:1:
Any updates on the turf?

Hows the JV looking this year?
Turf is a couple of weeks ahead of schedule. Should be ready to go easily by the first game. J.V. will be pretty good. Big soph class. New QB from Mayfield should start JV.
64black&gold Wrote:Turf is a couple of weeks ahead of schedule. Should be ready to go easily by the first game. J.V. will be pretty good. Big soph class. New QB from Mayfield should start JV.

All good news, 64. I really can't wait to see the new turf. :Thumbs:
any early insider word on where Dawson is leaning ? florida, southern cal, oregon, louisville, and kentucky is the most comprehensive list ive seen thus far
Gocolts13 Wrote:any early insider word on where Dawson is leaning ? florida, southern cal, oregon, louisville, and kentucky is the most comprehensive list ive seen thus far

When will he make his decision?
He will make it after the season. My guess would have to be Florida or Ky right now. I think Ky had a good shot at landing him until FL offered. I never thought Michigan had much of a chance but I know he really enjoyed his visit up there. I still think its a coin between Ky and FL right now.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next