Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phelps hires Bobby Varney
Bobby Varney

Congratulations!
:Thumbs:Congrats Coach Varney.....
Congratulations Coach Varney!
Who is this guy? Has he ever coached before? Someone told me he was just a teacher in the building they ask to take it because they couldn't find anybody.
If this is the Bobby Varney who helped James Hurley at ER a few years ago and has been the Belfry JH coach he will make an excellent coach. But he needs to be given a chane to learn the varsity ropes before the critics on here kill him.
Good hire. Best of luck to coach Varney.
TheMasterpiece Wrote:Who is this guy? Has he ever coached before? Someone told me he was just a teacher in the building they ask to take it because they couldn't find anybody.

He has been at Johns Creek, but I think your right.

I was told they asked JR Vanhoose, Jason Sanson, a Hunt man who teaches at Phelps, Eric Ratliff at Pike Central, Gary Fields at Pike Central, and about 40 other people before they told Varney he was going to be the next coach at Phelps.

I don't think they want him nor do I think he will be there longer than 2-3 years.

I think he will be a good coach but they are putting him over there in a situation that is not good at all just because they want Campbell at Pike Central coaching girls.

I see it ending ugly for the young man, hope he can handle what they are throwing him into.
Skyhawk Wrote:He has been at Johns Creek, but I think your right.

I was told they asked JR Vanhoose, Jason Sanson, a Hunt man who teaches at Phelps, Eric Ratliff at Pike Central, Gary Fields at Pike Central, and about 40 other people before they told Varney he was going to be the next coach at Phelps.

I don't think they want him nor do I think he will be there longer than 2-3 years.

I think he will be a good coach but they are putting him over there in a situation that is not good at all just because they want Campbell at Pike Central coaching girls.
I see it ending ugly for the young man, hope he can handle what they are throwing him into.

I am not sure why Pike Central would want Campbell as the girls coach they have a pretty solid girls coach in Gary Fields IMO. Clay Campbell is a good coach dont get me wrong but it looks like Fields has a good thing going there. I am curious about what JR is waiting for. To me there must be a jopb out there he has his eye on. I cant see him staying on as the girls coach at Phelps forever. Just speculation and wondering on my part.
baseline Jumper Wrote:I am not sure why Pike Central would want Campbell as the girls coach they have a pretty solid girls coach in Gary Fields IMO. Clay Campbell is a good coach dont get me wrong but it looks like Fields has a good thing going there. I am curious about what JR is waiting for. To me there must be a jopb out there he has his eye on. I cant see him staying on as the girls coach at Phelps forever. Just speculation and wondering on my part.

I am not sure why PC would want anyone else either, Gary Fields is a great coach, probally one of the best in East Kentucky.
:please:leave Coach Fields alone Skyhawk, he is not going anywhere!
People, please congratulate the man on being hired... Speculation and rumors is NOT what this thread is about....

Coach Varney does have coaching experience and will gain experience at the high school level with these young men. I do believe he will do very well with his participation and a good work ethic from both him and the boys.

Congrats and best wishes for a great year!!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
baseline Jumper Wrote:I am curious about what JR is waiting for. To me there must be a jopb out there he has his eye on. I cant see him staying on as the girls coach at Phelps forever. Just speculation and wondering on my part.

Not waiting for anything, just want to stay with my girls and be loyal to them. Had a few other offers this summer, I just really like where I am right now and I am not looking to leave this job. I have many friends in the community and I really like the area, so I plan on being here for a long time and coaching these younger girls we have in our feeder program.
Just wanted to give my congrats to Bobby Varney on getting the job. He's been coaching for a few years now in the middle school ranks. It's nice to see him get the nod at the high school varsity level. He may never have the most talented team, but he will definitely get the most from his players. Best of luck to you Bobby, as I wish you much success.
Congrats Varney. Wish you luck at Phelps
Congrats ODB Wish you well
So who takes over at Johns Creek now?
Who?!?!?1?

I give him three weeks tops! :biggrin:

*For anyone reading this I am completely joking, Varney will do a heckuva job*