•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will be Shelby Valley's next coach?
I can tell you this, as far as I can tell no one knows anything in this thread..........
Back around the state tourney when everyone assumed Booher was leaving I can tell you that Justice was interested in the job. I guess the Pike super has said he would not allow this to happen. Which is his perogative I guess. Hatcher is definitly a great coach but after Rowe and Booher's run and gun philosophy Im not sure how he style would go over.
what difference does it make how many years someone spent at a rival school? Todd May spent many years at Virgie and it doesn't bother him to wear maroon. As a matter of fact, maybe he should be the next coach. look what he did for the adams kid, he sure could help the kid from dorton.
BlueChip1 Wrote:again, how do you support your claim? South Floyd will win the Region, EKU will win the NCAA Championship. Mikie Hall will be Valleys next Head Cocah!!! Its fun not using logic i guess.
Well considering that east ridge beat valley at the ridge by 2 or 3 with a bad valley game and valley beat them i think double digits at valley when playing decent. and the only thing new to east ridges jv will be the big boy. who isnt that impressive valley plays a packed in 2-3 and makes east ridge beat them from the outside. cause unlike valley east ridge cant shoot outside.
i honestly believe that valley wins the district. IF they play team ball. they also got a boy from paintsville that transferred to play football but is about
6'3 and can play ball. so that will help down low. Shelby Valley 59th district champs for the 5th time in a row!
Just stating an opinion. valley will surprise you.go watch them.
The game that Valley won was a home game and ER never had the coaches son that night. Valley will not be able to handle ER next because of the ER size. You aren't thinking about ER's height inside. They will have three guys over 6'4". Bartley got good experience and was starting for ER at the end of the year. He will be much improved and I heard he will play some at the three spot. I heard he is improving his BH skills and outside shooting. He's already a good defender. They also will have the Mullins kid who like Bartley will be able to play the four and five spot. With Big Jake under the basket, how can Valley win. ER could have the best zone D in the Region by Tourney time. Size is something you can't coach and remember these guys will also get better over the summer. SV can't win with just outside shooting. You mix the fact that SV will have limited experience along with at times streaky shooting plus a new coach with a new system, means it could be a long year for these guys. Say what you want,but the truth is Booher didn't help these guys by giving them at times 0 playing time. I watched many Valley games where they where up by 40 at the half, a perfect time to mix your reserves in with the statrers. He always put those guys in 5 at a time at the end of the game. He should have and could have put those guys in 1 or 2 at a time with the starters right after the half. It would have made a difference for these young guys.
NEXT Wrote:I can tell you this, as far as I can tell no one knows anything in this thread..........

:Thumbs:
valleycat41 Wrote:The game that Valley won was a home game and ER never had the coaches son that night. Valley will not be able to handle ER next because of the ER size. You aren't thinking about ER's height inside. They will have three guys over 6'4". Bartley got good experience and was starting for ER at the end of the year. He will be much improved and I heard he will play some at the three spot. I heard he is improving his BH skills and outside shooting. He's already a good defender. They also will have the Mullins kid who like Bartley will be able to play the four and five spot. With Big Jake under the basket, how can Valley win. ER could have the best zone D in the Region by Tourney time. Size is something you can't coach and remember these guys will also get better over the summer. SV can't win with just outside shooting. You mix the fact that SV will have limited experience along with at times streaky shooting plus a new coach with a new system, means it could be a long year for these guys. Say what you want,but the truth is Booher didn't help these guys by giving them at times 0 playing time. I watched many Valley games where they where up by 40 at the half, a perfect time to mix your reserves in with the statrers. He always put those guys in 5 at a time at the end of the game. He should have and could have put those guys in 1 or 2 at a time with the starters right after the half. It would have made a difference for these young guys.
actually the coaches son did play. yes i agree valley will have a tough year with a new coach. but once they get settled they could give you some trouble. yes size is something you cant coach, valley is getting a 6'10 boy although he dont play strong neither does big jake. bartley isnt a good defender. and cant shoot outside or handle the ball. hes a hot head and if you get him out of his game. hes in trouble. just like jake. And i dont know the mullins kid. so i cant comment on him. But if valley gets working hard and learns the new system well they will be tough to handle, with the good shooting. yea they need size but remember they got the 6'10 boy from dorton. and the new 6'3 boy from paintsville. Valley has good guards. Logan Lucas has been working HARD and is starting to get an outside shot. Jake Robinson is gettin quick and can shoot the lights out. Rusty Roberts Can shoot good and get the rim pretty good. Trey Roberts can get to the rim well and is working on the shot as well as ball handling.SO i think they will be tough as the year goes. I just hope they get a coach soon, because if they wait to long the program is going down hill. I guess will we just have to wait and see what the season holds. Remember they could play 3 times next year.
ER will never be given another one . This region will never use home town refs again due to what happened a few years back . They don't have no political pull now . They will have to win it by hard work . No school around will win without hard work first no matter who the coach is . And there is no D1 players showing theirself in this area . So looks to me like its anybodies region if the kids work hard . So whomever the Valleys site base chooses . They will have just as good of group to start with as some of Valleys past winners . They just want have 5 stars to start with . The kids will have to become stars
Coach Hatcher was at the Pike Co BOE yesterday having a talk with Mr Wagner and Mr Casey and Virgil Osborne. I hope to see him become valleys coach by the wednesday.
Does the perry super approve of Coach Hatcher checking into all these open positions? Looks to me like it would get to a point where enough is enough and you tell him just to go on and take it.
Icey Hot Wrote:Well considering that east ridge beat valley at the ridge by 2 or 3 with a bad valley game and valley beat them i think double digits at valley when playing decent. and the only thing new to east ridges jv will be the big boy. who isnt that impressive valley plays a packed in 2-3 and makes east ridge beat them from the outside. cause unlike valley east ridge cant shoot outside.
i honestly believe that valley wins the district. IF they play team ball. they also got a boy from paintsville that transferred to play football but is about
6'3 and can play ball. so that will help down low. Shelby Valley 59th district champs for the 5th time in a row!
Just stating an opinion. valley will surprise you.go watch them.

The new kid may make a difference, never seen him play so dont know. But ERHS JV with Justice's son had alot more talent than SVHS JV, but in addition they will be put with a pretty big boy in McClanahan for next year. But ERHS JV played a horible game, it was the worst they ever played when they played at Valley, in fact I like that, every game SVHS won last year was because it was a bad game for all those teams. But yeah if Valley goes on anotgher recruiting spree they will win again next year, but not with the ones they had last year. Coaching changes after a good year always cause problems, valley doesnt have the talent they used too, and Pikeville and ERHS have good JV's. And I will watch them next year, I watch every 59-60 district home game that I can and root for shelby valley after ER gets beat out, but I just think its time for a reality check for some people. Raymond Justice will stay put with an excellent young group to groom, Valley will lose some players that want to be region champs within 4 years, his son will be the next Elisha, and the programs trade roles. Valley will have winning seasons and in 5-6 years may take the powerhouse back. But I dont blame Valley fans for trying to Get Justice to come there, it would ensure another round as a powerhouse, but Justice will have that whether he stays or goes so why offer him something he already has and try to convince other people that Valley bball is not a shakey economy without him!!!!!!!!
First off, Hatcher will not be Shelby Valley's coach, he has too much going for him at PCC. Second, ER had better enjoy Justice and his son this year, because they will be somewhere else the year after. Third, the new coach may have semi-pro ties and be from out of state, Remember you heard it here first.
Coach Hatcher would love to go somewhere in Pike Co. and get away from PCC if he could the poeple at Perry are growing tired of his style and him not winning the region. It isn't enough to get to the finals of the region at Perry when you have that many kids to pick from you should be able to win the region. Hatcher would also be moving closer to his home town if he went to SV. All of these reasons I think will lead to Coach Hatcher being named the next coach at SV within the next week.
BlueChip1 Wrote:The new kid may make a difference, never seen him play so dont know. But ERHS JV with Justice's son had alot more talent than SVHS JV, but in addition they will be put with a pretty big boy in McClanahan for next year. But ERHS JV played a horible game, it was the worst they ever played when they played at Valley, in fact I like that, every game SVHS won last year was because it was a bad game for all those teams. But yeah if Valley goes on anotgher recruiting spree they will win again next year, but not with the ones they had last year. Coaching changes after a good year always cause problems, valley doesnt have the talent they used too, and Pikeville and ERHS have good JV's. And I will watch them next year, I watch every 59-60 district home game that I can and root for shelby valley after ER gets beat out, but I just think its time for a reality check for some people. Raymond Justice will stay put with an excellent young group to groom, Valley will lose some players that want to be region champs within 4 years, his son will be the next Elisha, and the programs trade roles. Valley will have winning seasons and in 5-6 years may take the powerhouse back. But I dont blame Valley fans for trying to Get Justice to come there, it would ensure another round as a powerhouse, but Justice will have that whether he stays or goes so why offer him something he already has and try to convince other people that Valley bball is not a shakey economy without him!!!!!!!!
every game valley won last year in jv was a bad game for the other team? Thats why the only lost 2 games. Every other time the teams played horrible. I remember when the soon to be seniors was in 10th grade and they beat jvs like henry clay and raceland, at valley. so dont say every game they won the other team played bad. Yea east ridge had a good jv but im pretty sure they wont beat valley twice. and valleys jv beat pikeville at valley and at pikeville. i think it was double digits both games. justices son is NO next elisha. It will be a long time untill we see another one of those. But im going to end the argument about these two teams and next year, with sayin valley WILL surprise you. And we will find out when the season comes. Maybe they can play each other during the summer!
Why's this turned into a Valley/Ridge fight for Coach Justice. Really for him right now, East Ridge is the best bet. All Valley has going on for them right now is that tradition. East Ridge's talent is now IMO better. Now its just time to lay around and watch the cards unfold.
Pike Super want let Justice leave ER because he cant get anyone else to take the job.
everybody thinks that valley just wants him because of his son. I really dont know anything on any new coach. I just post on what i hear. And so far ive heard hatcher has been to the BOE and called coach booher coach doe doe rowe and coach randy davis, for stuff on the team. So i would say hes the most interested, unless hes just trying to get a raise. again. I dont see justice leaving the ridge. I hope Valley gets Allan Hatcher as their new coach. I look for it to be announced Wednesday-Friday.
YouCantGuardMe Wrote:every game valley won last year in jv was a bad game for the other team? Thats why the only lost 2 games. Every other time the teams played horrible. I remember when the soon to be seniors was in 10th grade and they beat jvs like henry clay and raceland, at valley. so dont say every game they won the other team played bad. Yea east ridge had a good jv but im pretty sure they wont beat valley twice. and valleys jv beat pikeville at valley and at pikeville. i think it was double digits both games. justices son is NO next elisha. It will be a long time untill we see another one of those. But im going to end the argument about these two teams and next year, with sayin valley WILL surprise you. And we will find out when the season comes. Maybe they can play each other during the summer!

Hey now,,, icy hot is the won that started that Valley had a bad game stuff,,, which is what u hear every game they dont win by 20, guess its not allowed for other schools,, but ERHS JV only lost 3 games i think last year and played 4 more JV games than Valleys did and one loss did come close because Justices son was playing in the Middeschool county tourney i think. But anyway my origninal argument was that there is just more talent at ERHS now and that the only reason valley won a game against their JV was coaching IMO. Lets see what happens when those JV boys play with an experienced coach, if they can beat valley once with young JV coach vs. and experienced JV (coould be a head coach anywhere), then they should beat them everytime with an very experienced coach like RJ whose boy is still playing 5-8 games a week since the season ended with KY kings elite.
Quarterback7 Wrote:Does the perry super approve of Coach Hatcher checking into all these open positions? Looks to me like it would get to a point where enough is enough and you tell him just to go on and take it.

:thatsfunn
Real Badman Wrote:Why's this turned into a Valley/Ridge fight for Coach Justice. Really for him right now, East Ridge is the best bet. All Valley has going on for them right now is that tradition. East Ridge's talent is now IMO better. Now its just time to lay around and watch the cards unfold.

hey you keep him . If he could not beat Valley . We need a coach who could / did .
bluebloodedcatfan Wrote:hey you keep him . If he could not beat Valley . We need a coach who could / did .

There are a few things I'm going to make very clear to you right now.

1. I am not a fan/student/staff member of East Ridge High School. My only connections are through the people I know. So stop using pronouns such as "you"

2. Coach Justice is a first year coach at East Ridge, and him going up against the former talent at Valley was too much. It was too much for anyone apparently

3. Shelby Valley only lost 4 games last season, so if your wanting a coach who did beat you good luck! Two of those coaches are out of state and I dont see Hatcher leaving PCC. I also doubt Stovall will leave CC.

4. Have a good day.
valleycat41 Wrote:You mix the fact that SV will have limited experience along with at times streaky shooting plus a new coach with a new system, means it could be a long year for these guys. Say what you want,but the truth is Booher didn't help these guys by giving them at times 0 playing time. I watched many Valley games where they where up by 40 at the half, a perfect time to mix your reserves in with the statrers. He always put those guys in 5 at a time at the end of the game. He should have and could have put those guys in 1 or 2 at a time with the starters right after the half. It would have made a difference for these young guys.

Win or lose Booher knew he wasn't coming back when the dream team left. It was terrible the way he threw most of those boys to the side and didn't care that he was leaving this team with virtually no experience! Does anybody know who has applied and doesn't the assistant get a chance to become head coach? With all this animosity about Justice, I hope he doesn't come to Valley, they are going to have a hard enough season without all that nonsense!
allsports4 Wrote:Win or lose Booher knew he wasn't coming back when the dream team left. It was terrible the way he threw most of those boys to the side and didn't care that he was leaving this team with virtually no experience! Does anybody know who has applied and doesn't the assistant get a chance to become head coach? With all this animosity about Justice, I hope he doesn't come to Valley, they are going to have a hard enough season without all that nonsense!

Not the first time he's done that either.
The best man for the jod Bill MIke Runyon, J R Vanhoose , Rodney is already at the Valley should of been his.
Does anyone have anymore information on Cutler? Or Justice. I hope that it happens soon, for the best interest of the future players and team.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Booher won a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP and people are on here complaining about boys being thrown to the side. They played JV games didnt they?
Since there are other Pike County schools involved, Justice will not be able to take his son and leave ER, so he will have to stay their unless he leaves the county, which is possible. I know for a fact that Coach Hatcher has a very good opportunity to leave PCC if he chooses, I'm sure with a pretty good raise moving to a Pike County school makes a difference on his upcoming retirement and would definitely be closer to his family, so there are a lot of positives of him leaving PCC, I'm sure he will have to make his decision soon, and when he decides they will know if they have to go elsewhere or not. Should be interesting to see how this plays out. The only negative to the deal would be he would probably have to rebuild for a year, but they have some great young talent coming up and in a weak district and region, anyone has a chance, so it's really not to negative if you ask me. I wonder who else is on the short list if Hatcher says no to them?
Shelby Valley played elliot co yesterday and lost by 13. They also played Wolfe Co and won by 16. They surprised me with all the nonsense about the new coach and watnot. But i heard yesterday the top 3 was Alan Hatcher (applied) Raymond Justice ( not sure if hes applied but heard if they offered he would take it) but not real sure on how true that is. And Randy McCoy from University Heights.
Hatcher will not take the job.Randy McCoy not sure! Good luck to the new coach!!
when are they going to name a coach
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next