Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County will open the city/County Bowl game verses Green County
Pigskinman53 Wrote:I'm an outsider looking in with little to no knowledge of the situation, but from what I've been reading on here is that Bell does have the option to play Alcoa

Wrong again. Bell does not have the option. There is a contract for Green County.:igiveup:
Amped 88 Wrote:Wrong again. Bell does not have the option. There is a contract for Green County.:igiveup:

Well I wouldn't say I has wrong because I'm just stating what was said on here. I just think it would be easy to just switch the games and as all 4 teams have contracts to be in the City/County bowl
Will Bell be better this year than last?
Will Alcoa be better this year than last?
What type of team does Green Co even have?
Will Middlesboro be better this year?
What did Alcoa do to beat Bell? was it size, speed, strength, talent
well if they used the standard contract set up by the KHSAA without any special provisions then they can cancel the game if both parties agree. that being said they could have put special clauses in the contract that prohibit this. i personally dont know what the city county bowl contract set up is so it is purely speculation on my part as to what are the provisions in the contract. amped seems pretty confident in his answer so maybe he has seen the contract. here is a link to the standard khsaa contract for games,

http://www.khsaa.org/forms/ge14.pdf

item #3 deals with cancellation of games.

with all this being said i think that the games will remain as is they all agreed to 2 years ago. everyone knew who they would be playing and knew the possibility of lopsided games this year. i think everyone involved will follow the contract in good faith.

what kind of example does it send the kids if you cancel the game contract because you know you are going to get beat? how would that be for team morale.
Lets just say Bell did play Alcoa, could Bell beat them? Or is Alcoa just that good. who would they be compared with in KY?
rebel 4 life Wrote::Thumbs: he sound like a rockcastle fan

Not all of us are..............them!
easyM Wrote:I don't know the overall record between Bell and Rockcastle but I'd be willing to bet it's very lopsided. But, does it matter? We have a couple that wants to hold on to a few wins over many, many years. Law of average has to catch up every now and again..... Hold on to those precious wins.

attacktheV Wrote:Lopsided indeed. :igiveup:

Bell leads the series 10-8.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Bell leads the series 10-8.
:Thumbs:
Twitter: @tc_analytics

former Wrote:Will Bell be better this year than last?
Will Alcoa be better this year than last?
What type of team does Green Co even have?
Will Middlesboro be better this year?

Yes
No but they will be very very good. They always are if you ever follow HS football in the SE US. They have 2 division 1 players just in the backfield.
Good for that class
Yes
I understand that the younger Hilton may have to sit out the opening game of the football season after an incident at the district baseball tourney.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Bell leads the series 10-8.

As many times as these 2 have faced. I thought it would be more than 18 times.
former Wrote:As many times as these 2 have faced. I thought it would be more than 18 times.

I guess the question would be did they ever play each other in the regular season prior to Rockastle moving up to 3A?
SEKYFAN Wrote:I understand that the younger Hilton may have to sit out the opening game of the football season after an incident at the district baseball tourney.

Not true. He will have to sit out the first baseball game of next season.
Amped 88 Wrote:Not true. He will have to sit out the first baseball game of next season.

you are correct. If he was a SR he would have to sit out first game of wahtever he played next.
former Wrote:you are correct. If he was a SR he would have to sit out first game of wahtever he played next.

:Thumbs:
Amped 88 Wrote::Thumbs:

Yeah that is what I was thinking. That would be a stupid rule.
Amped 88 Wrote::Thumbs:

If he was a senoir his high school career would have been over.
Pigskinman53 Wrote:If he was a senoir his high school career would have been over.

If he got threw out of his last FB game as a SR he would sit out the first game of whatever sport he played in next. Since he is a JR he will sit out the 1st game of what he got tossed on. baseball.
Pigskinman53 Wrote:If he was a senoir his high school career would have been over.
No. Former has answered it.

former Wrote:If he got threw out of his last FB game as a SR he would sit out the first game of whatever sport he played in next. Since he is a JR he will sit out the 1st game of what he got tossed on. baseball.
I may have missed this but what does Green County have returning ?
lwc Wrote:Not all of us are..............them!

we are the resistance :redboxer:
rebel 4 life Wrote:we are the resistance :redboxer:

:Wave:
Green lost some key players, but will be a force to be reckoned with in 2A. Not sure how they will be against Bell Co.
attacktheV Wrote::Wave:

LOL :Clap::Clap::yes: that funny