•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will be Shelby Valley's next coach?
I am carring some baggage. Let me state my view again. Eric Ratliff at ER was forced to give up his head coaching job so Justice could have it. ER and SV are in the same educational district so for Justice to get the SV job it would not be "this is a free world apply for the job" but an inter-system transfer. When May left ER late in the summer I know for a fact ER had a hard time getting a coach. Ratliff had to be talked into giving up his football HC job so ER would have a basketball head coach. This didnt happen until a couple day before practice began. I think if the Pike Co school board allows Justice to TRANSFER after one season they are telling the people of ER that SV kids are due better than their kids are.
fedscreekviking Wrote:I am carring some baggage. Let me state my view again. Eric Ratliff at ER was forced to give up his head coaching job so Justice could have it. ER and SV are in the same educational district so for Justice to get the SV job it would not be "this is a free world apply for the job" but an inter-system transfer. When May left ER late in the summer I know for a fact ER had a hard time getting a coach. Ratliff had to be talked into giving up his football HC job so ER would have a basketball head coach. This didnt happen until a couple day before practice began. I think if the Pike Co school board allows Justice to TRANSFER after one season they are telling the people of ER that SV kids are due better than their kids are.

You seem to have a general jist of everything here, but there are a few thing you need to be aware of. Justice can apply for the SV job and request a transfer, actually he doesn't even need to transfer to get the HC job at SV. And as for your so called knowledge of Ratliff, He picked what sport he liked to coach the most. This wasn't a school admin situation. 2 coaching jobs + being a father = a man on the brink of insanity. I dont blame him for his decision on that part. But the whole fact is Justice can apply for a transfer if he gets the job or not.
if it is left up to Valleys site base . Greg will have to turn it down .Then one of the Valley feeders coaches have a shot if they have applied . Then after these, the site base will look at those that have applied for this job and where else they could be used. Because coaching isn't going to pay much at these schools. Without letting them do something else. They will look at their record. Since its Vallies site base group. I can not see them hire someone that their school has spanked at other schools. I hope they hire someone that has played D! college or at least some college. That would narrow it down some or even to say thay must have won on the state level [at least a few games]. As a player or coach ,that would narrow it way down . That would get rid of the Billy Gillispies wanting to make a reputation. If none met that qualifacation that applied . Hay don't be stupid, make calls. In this order; 1 Greg N. 2. Rodney R. 3.Randy or Doe. or 4 CAMRON 5.JEFF since they been in this area for a few years. 6. call Bill Mike. or J R Vanhoose. Then call any body else that the Valley boys have spanked. But I am sure the job will be gone before then.
fedscreekviking Wrote:I am carring some baggage. Let me state my view again. Eric Ratliff at ER was forced to give up his head coaching job so Justice could have it. ER and SV are in the same educational district so for Justice to get the SV job it would not be "this is a free world apply for the job" but an inter-system transfer. When May left ER late in the summer I know for a fact ER had a hard time getting a coach. Ratliff had to be talked into giving up his football HC job so ER would have a basketball head coach. This didnt happen until a couple day before practice began. I think if the Pike Co school board allows Justice to TRANSFER after one season they are telling the people of ER that SV kids are due better than their kids are.

Are you saying that the kids at ER are better than the ones at SV so they deserve the better coach? Im calling the board to complain. :thatsfunn
No the coach is already at ER and Ive explained how he got the job. Real Badman my knowledge of Ratliff is not second hand I was at every one of his practices and in his coaching office every day. I know what happened.
This exchange could go on forever and never have an impact on what actually will happen. I will end my side of this discussion with this statement "Sv is really not that interested in Raymond Justice what they are really after is Cameron Justice."
fedscreekviking Wrote:No the coach is already at ER and Ive explained how he got the job. Real Badman my knowledge of Ratliff is not second hand I was at every one of his practices and in his coaching office every day. I know what happened.

Well then, that would make two of us. I knew Ratliff when I was in college and he was at his first stint at ER. I do believe I may know the man a bit better then you. But then again who knows. For all I know you might be him yourself.
fedscreekviking Wrote:This exchange could go on forever and never have an impact on what actually will happen. I will end my side of this discussion with this statement "Sv is really not that interested in Raymond Justice what they are really after is Cameron Justice."

Isnt that the same reason you want to keep him so bad.
i heard today that alan hatcher has contacted coach jason booher about the job, to see if it was a good job. Booher said he sounded real interested. I also heard Hatcher contacted the middle school at dorton to see what the talent was coming up if he took the job.
I did not intend to post anymore but I must comment on 5timechamps illustrating my views for me.I hope we KEEP him instead of SV stealing him.
fedscreekviking Wrote:I did not intend to post anymore but I must comment on 5timechamps illustrating my views for me.I hope we KEEP him instead of SV stealing him.

We are not talking about a shotgun wedding. If he ends up at SV it will be because he chose to do so.
I dont know how else to explain it. He can want the job' the SV site base can choose him but that is not the end of it. You people talk like he is quitting one job to move to another company to take another job. He will still be working for the Pike Co board. All job transfers must be approved by the superintendent. I will restate that if this happens the super will be telling the people of ER that SV kids are better than their kids are. You cannot put any other twist on it.
It is rumored that Hatcher from Perry Central is very interested in the Shelby Valley job.
fedscreekviking Wrote:I dont know how else to explain it. He can want the job' the SV site base can choose him but that is not the end of it. You people talk like he is quitting one job to move to another company to take another job. He will still be working for the Pike Co board. All job transfers must be approved by the superintendent. I will restate that if this happens the super will be telling the people of ER that SV kids are better than their kids are. You cannot put any other twist on it.

We dont need you to explain anything. You do understand that the Sv site base cant call him and make him come to SV. If he comes it is because he wants the job.
5timechamp Wrote:We dont need you to explain anything. You do understand that the Sv site base cant call him and make him come to SV. If he comes it is because he wants the job.
agree and to add coaches switch schools all the time in other sports. In districts, regions, county or state, they switch because they think theres a better program or challenge
Anybody that really loves the game will play for any coach they hire. Personally I think Greg Newsome should be the next coach for as long as he wants. If he don't want it, then start the search process. Has anybody asked him if he wants to coach? What is the process of getting a new coach, who has the final say, and why has no one thought about the fact the asst principle's job is now open as well.....
You all are missing my point or ignoring it. I agree Justice has all the right to apply for the jobs he wants and coaches do move all the time. My point is this CANNOT happened with out the OK by the Pike Co BOE. If they allow it to happen it will benefit SV kids and really hurt ER kids. So as your statment prove and IF this happens, their actions would prove, you and they believe SV kids are better and are intitled better than the kids that go to ER.
YouCantGuardMe Wrote:valleys jv had more talent than east ridge and if raymond justice dont come to valley, then the jv players last year will prove they have more talent!

And what are you basing your claim on,,,,your hopes and dreams. I am simply looking at their records this year. ER JV beat valley once and Valley beat them once. So did little with 4 years experiece out coach newsome with 30+ for a game,,,, I dont think so... Hes a good coach but it was the talent baby... and that talent was with a 7th grader, a freshman, a sophomore, and 2 juniors... How many juniors did valley play?????? And I wouldnt be worrying about raymonds boy coming to valley, i would be worrying about how many of them come to ER and Pike central if Raymond stays put......
fedscreekviking Wrote:You all are missing my point or ignoring it. I agree Justice has all the right to apply for the jobs he wants and coaches do move all the time. My point is this CANNOT happened with out the OK by the Pike Co BOE. If they allow it to happen it will benefit SV kids and really hurt ER kids. So as your statment prove and IF this happens, their actions would prove, you and they believe SV kids are better and are intitled better than the kids that go to ER.

Goodnight if the man wants to transfer it is not up to the board to decide which kids are better. You need a hug. He may not even be interested in the SV job. I think his son with a 7 footer and the other kids from Dorton and Virgie would be at least something to consider.
fedscreekviking Wrote:You all are missing my point or ignoring it. I agree Justice has all the right to apply for the jobs he wants and coaches do move all the time. My point is this CANNOT happened with out the OK by the Pike Co BOE. If they allow it to happen it will benefit SV kids and really hurt ER kids. So as your statment prove and IF this happens, their actions would prove, you and they believe SV kids are better and are intitled better than the kids that go to ER.

Your reasoning makes no sense. You say that if he is allowed to change to SV, then it means that the board feels SV kids are more important than ER's. So, by your very own thought process, if they told him he could not change but had to stay put, then apparently the board feels that ER's kids are more important. See how silly that sounds?

Bottom line, they should let the man coach wherever he wants. If he wants to stay at ER, great. If he wants to go to SV and the school decides they want him too, then let him go where he wants. Any decision by the board to force him to either stay or go would be showing favortism.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Any decision by the board to force him to either stay or go would be showing favortism.

That sums it up very well... However, I don't expect Justice to be SV's next coach...
I have no idea who S.V. will hire as their coach, but Raymond Justice will not be going to S.V. you can mark that down. As for who hires the basketball coach, its not the SBDM council, its the school principal. The law on hiring is very specific. After consultation with the SBDM Council, the building principal makes a recommendation to the superintendent, the superintendent MUST ACCEPT the recommendation of the building principal within 10 days.
The people over at Valley like RUN and GUN basketball. They are not going to bring in Allan Hatcher. I would really be surprised if they did.
Shelby Valley's next coach will be... I'm not sure yet, but the leading names I have heard are Hatcher, who would be a very demanding type coach, this would probably be a good move for him being that he is from Williamson. I don't see Justice taking the postion, however, I also don't see him staying at East Ridge after next year either...I have seen his boy play ball and he is one of the best 7th graders I have ever seen, I see Justice taking his son to a place where he will have opportunities to be seen and be successful, this won't happen at East Ridge. Now, I look for neither of those coaches to take this job, I predict someone else will get SV's coaching position.
BlueChip1 Wrote:And what are you basing your claim on,,,,your hopes and dreams. I am simply looking at their records this year. ER JV beat valley once and Valley beat them once. So did little with 4 years experiece out coach newsome with 30+ for a game,,,, I dont think so... Hes a good coach but it was the talent baby... and that talent was with a 7th grader, a freshman, a sophomore, and 2 juniors... How many juniors did valley play?????? And I wouldnt be worrying about raymonds boy coming to valley, i would be worrying about how many of them come to ER and Pike central if Raymond stays put......
east ridge will not beat shelby valley next year.
Icey Hot Wrote:east ridge will not beat shelby valley next year.

again, how do you support your claim? South Floyd will win the Region, EKU will win the NCAA Championship. Mikie Hall will be Valleys next Head Cocah!!! Its fun not using logic i guess.
Did James Hurley put in for the job?
The Private Wrote:Did James Hurley put in for the job?

No.
The Private Wrote:Did James Hurley put in for the job?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

You gotta be kidding me if you think Hurley would go to Valley. 1) What makes you think he would step down from VP of Pikeville College? 2) And do you honestly expect him to go to SV after his years at ER?

On a side note: Doesn't everyone love how everyone has a different 'inside scoop'? What most of you know about Justice and ER is completely false and shallow and pedantic.

i think greg would be good as a coach cause he loves the team, but i think he wont return were his sons tylers graduating
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next