Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County will open the city/County Bowl game verses Green County
ladycats09 Wrote:Alcoa might be a loss, but a win wouldn't count toward the record either. When you don't know what you are talking about, you probably shouldn't comment.

The contract was set last year. The contract would have to be broken for Bell to play anyone besides Green Co. I don't understand why anyone is bringing it up.

Yes the win counts
People break contracts all the time. Money talks. I guarantee for the right price Green would play Alcoa. May not be worth the trip for Alcoa, but it probably would not be the way it stands either. I was just stating what would be ideal for both Mboro and Bell.
attacktheV Wrote:Yeah and I need spell check lol. I don't know anything about Green County. what kind of offense/defense do they run?
They run a spread, or they did last year anyway. Run\Pass ratio is about 4:1.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:They run a spread, or they did last year anyway. Run\Pass ratio is about 4:1.

Thanks for the info Brahma.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:They run a spread, or they did last year anyway. Run\Pass ratio is about 4:1.

That is what they did against Mboro in the bowl game last season.
ladycats09 Wrote:Alcoa might be a loss, but a win wouldn't count toward the record either. When you don't know what you are talking about, you probably shouldn't comment.
The contract was set last year. The contract would have to be broken for Bell to play anyone besides Green Co. I don't understand why anyone is bringing it up.

Now being from Bell I would think you would know the win counts on the all time win list. So if you do not know then dont comment. :thanks:
I don't buy the "it's a loss" argument and Dudley doesn't want a loss. This isn't Ohio here folks and almost all qualify for the playoffs down in Ky. I'd think Dudley would want the stiffest competion around to get the kids reay for week 11. Even if that meant going 4-6 and playing the toughest scHedule around. Sure it's nice to have an undefeated season. But that doesn't mean squat if you don't bring home the ring in week 15.
El Indio Wrote:I don't buy the "it's a loss" argument and Dudley doesn't want a loss. This isn't Ohio here folks and almost all qualify for the playoffs down in Ky. I'd think Dudley would want the stiffest competion around to get the kids reay for week 11. Even if that meant going 4-6 and playing the toughest scHedule around. Sure it's nice to have an undefeated season. But that doesn't mean squat if you don't bring home the ring in week 15.

Good post. The only thing I see that I would take in consideration is, you don't want to play so many good teams that you risk losing so many kids to injury. The tougher the games the greater the risk is for that to happen. Mainly because the kids have to play more in those games and they tend to be much more physical. However without a knock on anyone, Bell will have district games in which they can rest players. Personally, I'd like to play 3-4 tough games each year for sure, along with your district games. And many years you may end up with 2 or 3 good district teams. As for this, we have Knox Central that will be somewhat of a tough game. It just depends on how much better they get and if Bell stays healthy.
easyM Wrote:Good post. The only thing I see that I would take in consideration is, you don't want to play so many good teams that you risk losing so many kids to injury. The tougher the games the greater the risk is for that to happen. Mainly because the kids have to play more in those games and they tend to be much more physical. However without a knock on anyone, Bell will have district games in which they can rest players. Personally, I'd like to play 3-4 tough games each year for sure, along with your district games. And many years you may end up with 2 or 3 good district teams. As for this, we have Knox Central that will be somewhat of a tough game. It just depends on how much better they get and if Bell stays healthy.

Out of district this is who Bell has played that is good
09 Whitley, Marion, Johnson Cent, Alcoa,
08 Whitley
07 Whitley, Tates Creek
06 Whitley, Henry Clay, Corbin

I would think dudley and Bell would try to show the state just how good they were, like in 06. But in 06 Rock beat them twice. In 09 Bell did play some pretty good teams. Is the schedule the same this year with the exception of Alcoa.
former Wrote:Out of district this is who Bell has played that is good
08 Whitley
07 Whitley, Tates Creek

I would think dudley and Bell would try to show the state just how good they were, like in 06. But in 06 Rock beat them twice. In 09 Bell did play some pretty good teams. Is the schedule the same this year with the exception of Alcoa.

someone posted their schedule I believe in this thread but not for sure. It is on here though.
Please remember you schedule teams that might have been good normally but slipped the year you played them. It's hard to point out that you only played so many good teams especially if you're making the point that they scheduled weak teams intentionally. Not saying you're insinuating that.
That's like Soddy Daisy. Usually they are pretty dang good. We can compare their record and say well they're not that good. They play in Tn. with some heavy hitters on their schedule. Have a good weekend Former. You're coming around a little. There's still work to do but you're getting there. Just having a little fun with you. More than likely you're a pretty good guy, regardless of you being a Rock fan. lol. Good talking to you.
yeah I just like giving Bell fans a hard time. It is fun to see them get all bent out of shape.
former who has rock played in the same stretch?
08 - Whitley Co
07 - Harrison Co.
06 - Lincoln Co.

looks like they dont have a strong schedule.
johnnyt Wrote:former who has rock played in the same stretch?
08 - Whitley Co
07 - Harrison Co.
06 - Lincoln Co.

looks like they dont have a strong schedule.

Yeah whatever. Rock has played a lot tougher schedule than Bell. BY FAR

06 corbin, harrison, Lincoln
07 Mercer, lincoln, harrison, sw pulaski
08 pulaski, whitley, mercer, harrison, lincoln
09 BOYLE, pulaski, sw pulaski, whitley
former Wrote:Out of district this is who Bell has played that is good
08 Whitley
07 Whitley, Tates Creek

Why do you say Whitley is good every year?

09 7-5
08 12-2
07 2-9
06 2-9

BTW, Tates Creek in '07 was 2-9 that season. Corbin was 7-6 in '06.

I think Bell has upgraded their schedule in the last few years and does what they need to get ready for the playoffs. I just found it interesting you chose some teams as "good" when thye obviously were not.
former Wrote:Yeah whatever. Rock has played a lot tougher schedule than Bell. BY FAR

06 corbin, harrison, Lincoln
07 Mercer, lincoln, harrison, sw pulaski
08 pulaski, whitley, mercer, harrison, lincoln
09 BOYLE, pulaski, sw pulaski, whitley

'06 Corbin (7-6), Harrison (5-6), Lincoln (10-2)
'07 Mercer (5-6), Lincoln ((11-3), Harrison (10-4), Southwestern (2-8)
'08 Pulaski (8-4), Whitley (12-2), Mercer (6-6), Harrison (6-6), Lincoln (1-9)
'09 Boyle (15-0), Pulaski (10-4), Southwestern (7-4), Whitley (7-5)

Some years better than others. :popcorn:
Hatz Wrote:Why do you say Whitley is good every year?

09 7-5
08 12-2
07 2-9
06 2-9

BTW, Tates Creek in '07 was 2-9 that season. Corbin was 7-6 in '06.

I think Bell has upgraded their schedule in the last few years and does what they need to get ready for the playoffs. I just found it interesting you chose some teams as "good" when thye obviously were not.

tates creek still has a lot of talent. as did mercer, lincoln. corbin is corbin, good. teams mentioned still had a lot of talent and played good teams.
whitley is always a tough physical mnt team
i see alot of .500 regular season, a 1-9 and a 2-8 good teams on you list. i am not sure if you are full of it or just road the short bus to school.
"Bell County will open the city/county bowl game versEs Green County"

That is the title, it should be the topic.
lwc Wrote:"Bell County will open the city/county bowl game versEs Green County"

That is the title, it should be the topic.

That is ok, I like it when rock fans get on here and embarress theirselves about what their team has accomplished: Which is.....
kmba32 Wrote:That is ok, I like it when rock fans get on here and embarress theirselves about what their team has accomplished: Which is.....

One thing we accomplished is beating you for region a few times. Yeah we never won it all but if you had played Boyle then you wouldn't have either.
One thing we have done you haven't is beat Highlands.
former Wrote:One thing we accomplished is beating you for region a few times. Yeah we never won it all but if you had played Boyle then you wouldn't have either.
One thing we have done you haven't is beat Highlands.

sorry former U are wrong,we did beat boyle in 08 to win the championship ,and we have beat highlands in 91 i think the thoroughbred bowl .some correct me if i am wrong about year and game.:1::1::lmao::rockon:
Does former sound a lot like rocket 01.to anyone else besides me?
belldad2011 Wrote:Does former sound a lot like rocket 01.to anyone else besides me?

:Thumbs: he sound like a rockcastle fan
belldad2011 Wrote:sorry former U are wrong,we did beat boyle in 08 to win the championship ,and we have beat highlands in 91 i think the thoroughbred bowl .some correct me if i am wrong about year and game.:1::1::lmao::rockon:

Beat Highlands is 93 also. In 91 beat Highlands and Cov Cath in the same year.
Amped 88 Wrote:Beat Highlands is 93 also. In 91 beat Highlands and Cov Cath in the same year.

I don't know the overall record between Bell and Rockcastle but I'd be willing to bet it's very lopsided. But, does it matter? We have a couple that wants to hold on to a few wins over many, many years. Law of average has to catch up every now and again..... Hold on to those precious wins.
easyM Wrote:I don't know the overall record between Bell and Rockcastle but I'd be willing to bet it's very lopsided. But, does it matter? We have a couple that wants to hold on to a few wins over many, many years. Law of average has to catch up every now and again..... Hold on to those precious wins.

Lopsided indeed. :igiveup:
I would think peopel want to se Bell play Alcoa for 2 reasons.

1. Bell is one of the states best going against one of TNs best. Makes for a good game.

2. People are jealous of winners and want to see Bell lose. At least those not from Bell.
[quote=former]I would think peopel want to se Bell play Alcoa for 2 reasons.

1. Bell is one of the states best going against one of TNs best. Makes for a good game.

Thats why I would want Bell to play them, and I would think Bell would want to get noticed all over the south region if they could be Alcoa.
i am sure if bell had the opportunity to play alcoa they would, but it is not their decision and their is nothing they can do about it.
I'm an outsider looking in with little to no knowledge of the situation, but from what I've been reading on here is that Bell does have the option to play Alcoa