Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill Co. 54 Wolfe Co. 41
Final from Estill County
12/23/2010
Estill Co. 54 Wolfe Co. 41

Wolfe Co.5-14-12-10 41

Estill Co.13-9-14-18 54

Wolfe Co. (2-5) -- Hollan 11, Denniston 19, Conway 10, Dunn 1, Broughton. Estill Co. (4-3) -- Roberts 17, Berryman 4, Muncie 7, Morris 13, Doty 11, Abernathy 2

Good Job Neers'
congrats to EC
Congrats Engineers!

I don't quite understand this Wolfe Co. team. They were ranked 5th in the Region preseason rankings and picked to win their district and they have basically laid an egg. They're 2-5 with a win over a good Pikeville team and an 18 point win over a Powell Co team that its always very tough at home but they have lost to Lee Co @home and Estill Co away. I can understand the loss to Hazard and Letcher Central and Breathitt Co is kinda iffy. Seems like they were a little overrated coming into the season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Congrats to Estill on the W. Rough start of the season for Wolfe.
Congrats to Estill
Congrats Estill
Congrats Estill
Yes, Wolfe was overrated coming into the season. I heard a lot of talk about them being in the mix with Hazard, Knott, and Perry But I knew that was just TALK.... Wolfe has some pretty good guards but thats it....

Good win for Estill County...
Nice win for Estill County, although the score is a bit deceptive of how close it was. This was a very fast paced,physical game with the Engineers clinging to a lead,in the third quarter. An Estill player went down hard on a fast break, and this delayed the game for 20 minutes or more,as the player was taken out on a stretcher. This seemed to take the wind out of Wolfe County, and motivate Estill more. Good game otherwise,congrats Estill. Prayers to the injured player,anyone know of his status?
Sid Finch Wrote:Nice win for Estill County, although the score is a bit deceptive of how close it was. This was a very fast paced,physical game with the Engineers clinging to a lead,in the third quarter. An Estill player went down hard on a fast break, and this delayed the game for 20 minutes or more,as the player was taken out on a stretcher. This seemed to take the wind out of Wolfe County, and motivate Estill more. Good game otherwise,congrats Estill. Prayers to the injured player,anyone know of his status?

what Jersey Number was he?
I'm not sure what his number was. I heard he was a Muncie,hope all is well with him. Good game by several, the Morris kid was all over the boards for Estill. Both teams will do well this season.
Grats Estill.

hope the kid is ok
Sid Finch Wrote:I'm not sure what his number was. I heard he was a Muncie,hope all is well with him. Good game by several, the Morris kid was all over the boards for Estill. Both teams will do well this season.

Josiah Muncie is a Sophmore. he's an awesome player. ill try and get an update and as soon as i hear something ill be sure to post
leecoukfan Wrote:Congrats Engineers!

I don't quite understand this Wolfe Co. team. They were ranked 5th in the Region preseason rankings and picked to win their district and they have basically laid an egg. They're 2-5 with a win over a good Pikeville team and an 18 point win over a Powell Co team that its always very tough at home but they have lost to Lee Co @home and Estill Co away. I can understand the loss to Hazard and Letcher Central and Breathitt Co is kinda iffy. Seems like they were a little overrated coming into the season.
I think a lot of the preseason high rankings for Wolfe were based on the thinking that sophomore star T. Gilbert would be back in a Wolves uniform. Instead he transferred to Scott County. He would have made a huge difference for this team. Not sure how much of an impact he will make at Scott County, which is usually overloaded to begin with.
I believe Gilbert is a freshman
Congrats Estill