Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Owensboro Catholic Aces
28.57%
Newport Central Catholic Thoroughbreds
71.43%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Owensboro Catholic vs. Newport Central Catholic (2A State Finals)
Thoughts/Predictions?
With these two teams, I could see more points on the board than the OC/Danville game
May be the only good game in Bowling Green next week. I say O-Cath 42-34.
i say OC, finally gets them a title, they lost the last two times to Belfry and Russell
As long as NewCath loses, I don't care what the score is.
Ncc 28-27
Maybe 28-27 OC with another wideleft from NCC. Just like against Danville in 01.
Owensboro needs to defend the scissors play handoff between the QB and Kelly. Also force the QB to run left on the passing downs. He can't throw it very far or very well running in that direction. Defend the short passes and don't let him run it and NCC gets blown out. NCC is not very good, they just played a powderpuff schedule.
I think Catholic wins this one in a shootout
toussaints Wrote:I think Catholic wins this one in a shootout

Lol there is a 100% chance of (a) Catholic winning.
I am sure runitupthegut will be in attendence for this game.:lmao:
Wideleft01 Wrote:Owensboro needs to defend the scissors play handoff between the QB and Kelly. Also force the QB to run left on the passing downs. He can't throw it very far or very well running in that direction. Defend the short passes and don't let him run it and NCC gets blown out. NCC is not very good, they just played a powderpuff schedule.

:lmao: You have completely lost it now! You know this is not true!
Newport Central Catholic.
Ncc
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
NewCath wins by 21.
Ncc-49
oc-42
difference in this game will be ncc's defense. if they play like they did friday, then ncc wins big

ncc by 3 scores
Hope this turns out to be a good game. Gonna try to catch most of it before our night game...
What concerns me about Newcath is the penalties. They have way too many false starts and holding calls. If you can remember back to the ’08 finials, Newcath lost that with the help of 10 false starts and over 100 yards in penalties. If they can play flag free football, I don’t think they can be beat.
The Bred's have been tried and tested with tough early season wins in Nippert vrs. Dixie, 6A Campbell County and a very physical game against Ryle where turnovers turned the tide. Late season wins vrs a decent Holy Cross team and a heartbreaking and undeserved defeat at the hands of a fired-up Beechwood sqquad will well prepare the Bred's for this showdown in Bowling Green. A powerful running game mixed with a short passing attack if needed and a very underrated defense will power the boys from NCC to another STATE TITLE ! Go Breds !
NewCath in a battle....those big linemen will wear down O-Cath.