Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 43 Belfry 7
First off let me just say that after the experience I have had the last couple years with Belfry I hope they never win another game. Obviously not gonna happen but after watching and hearing cowardly coaches, fans, and players from Belfry the last couple years i will never cheer for them like i used to since they were a mountain team. If a JC kid would have laid down a cheap shot like what DID happen he would possibly be kicked off of a Matney team and at least suspended. Don't expect that from the Belfry staff. Just wish our team at JC was a little more aggressive. Not that i would want a starter out for round one of the playoffs but someone who was in late should have made it known that JC will not allow those type actions against not just a star player but any player on our roster. If this would have been the JC team from a couple years ago this would have been an issue that was taken care of on the field. That would be good in a way and bad in a way as well. Proud our players kept their cool during handshakes however. IMO you win as a team, lose as a team and take cheap shots as a team. I would hope that if one of our players took an unprovoked cheap shot like that our team leaders would have stepped up and did the right thing. Finally vented about this even though i tried to stay silent now i am just waiting for a warning from phs1986.
I don't know how I missed that cowardly cheap shot when I watched the game. There is no excuse for that kind of behavior on the field. I am glad to see some of the Belfry fans agree. Hopefully, the Belfry coaching staff will do the right thing too. If Coach Matney saw a Johnson Central player take such a cheap shot, I am sure that the player would be getting an early shower. Players and fans need to see that actions like that will not go unpunished.
To clear some things up...

First off, Not one time did I say Belfry should have won the game, the ref's cheated for them OR "the cheap shot" didn't happen. I wasn't personally there during the entire game as I had a family emergency and HAD to leave and return. I am NOT defending Belfry as they flat out didn't show up! Secondly, all any of you have to do is bring a post (wherever it may be) to my OR any other moderator or administrator's attention and we WILL do what needs to be done for it. I am on here at various times and do not go into every single thread on every single topic section. NOR, can the other mods.... Granted, there were quite a few posts on here that I either edited, deleted, and to be honest, started to delete and didn't. Personally, I do NOT care if what fans get upset with what I post, delete or edit, I have my opinion, they have theirs!!
NOW, for all my critics.... Just so you know, I am a SV fan when they're not playing Belfry/Phelps... I'm a PC fan when they're not playing Belfry/Phelps..... I'm a ER fans when they are not playing Belfry/Phelps..... NOW as to why I am saying that Phelps or Belfry is where my heart lays.... My son will be playing more than likely if Belfry is playing and Phelps is my home..... I have deleted many posts from BOTH people from Phelps and Belfry and DO NOT support them making irrational, off topic, classless post either.
FINALLY, as for the "bald coach" as you called him in an earlier post.... I can't begin to answer as to why he didn't shake hands. Must have been a reason or heck, this one I can't begin to answer...

**AGAIN.... I'm NOT arguing the TD so get that outta your head.... AND, if there is a problem on here that any of you have, all you have to do is send a PM and it will be looked into. I am not on every thread as stated earlier and do not have the ability to KNOW where the abusive posts are. LET ME KNOW and I will assist you!

Seeing as my objectivity has been questioned... I think I'll throw this in... NOT only am I there for every single practice, I have watched the freshmen and JV play quite a few games this season. I am there every day, and although I don't attend away games for the freshmen and JV, I have been at each home game. I have bold statements I could make myself about a few things but I will keep them to myself. These are kids! I've said it before and I'll say it again... they are NOT---NFL players! When they get paid to play, then we can talk all the smack we wanna talk about them... and by this statement, I'm not condoning the hit on Jude. I may have to go watch that one on ihigh or whatever that website is....I can promise you one thing... it will be handled although it was called a what.... personal foul?
NOW, I THINK I am done with this thread with the exception of editing and deleting what needs to be done. All I ask is you keep it clean and if you have a problem with ME, send it in a PM and we can deal with it from there, NOT in open forum!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
JJ Jude is a machine. Love to have that kid in Pond Creek. I've heard around that he moved to Johnson County as a younger kid, and originally was from the Inez area. Can you imagine Jude and KP Skyles in a backfield together?! JK Hall is also a very underrated player, could take them far in the playoffs. I'd love to see them beat Highlands, it could be the year!

My only question is: Isn't hurdling players in high school football in KY illegal? I remember seeing a video on Yahoo News where a player hurdled another in KY and a flag was thrown and it said in the description it was a penalty in KY. JK Hall did it a few times. Not that I mind, it made no difference in the thumping we received.
I think the rule is that a penalty should be called if the defender has both feet still on the ground when he is hurdled. I havent seen the game, so i'm not sure if that's the case or not.... I imagined Central winning this one by a few TD's, but I didnt expect Belfry to get whipped that bad. Kudos to Matney and crew... Playoff time in the Bluegrass now, good luck to both teams
phs1986[SIZE="3 Wrote:]To clear some things up...
[/SIZE]First off, Not one time did I say Belfry should have won the game, the ref's cheated for them OR "the cheap shot" didn't happen. I wasn't personally there during the entire game as I had a family emergency and HAD to leave and return. I am NOT defending Belfry as they flat out didn't show up! Secondly, all any of you have to do is bring a post (wherever it may be) to my OR any other moderator or administrator's attention and we WILL do what needs to be done for it. I am on here at various times and do not go into every single thread on every single topic section. NOR, can the other mods.... Granted, there were quite a few posts on here that I either edited, deleted, and to be honest, started to delete and didn't. Personally, I do NOT care if what fans get upset with what I post, delete or edit, I have my opinion, they have theirs!!
NOW, for all my critics.... Just so you know, I am a SV fan when they're not playing Belfry/Phelps... I'm a PC fan when they're not playing Belfry/Phelps..... I'm a ER fans when they are not playing Belfry/Phelps..... NOW as to why I am saying that Phelps or Belfry is where my heart lays.... My son will be playing more than likely if Belfry is playing and Phelps is my home..... I have deleted many posts from BOTH people from Phelps and Belfry and DO NOT support them making irrational, off topic, classless post either.
FINALLY, as for the "bald coach" as you called him in an earlier post.... I can't begin to answer as to why he didn't shake hands. Must have been a reason or heck, this one I can't begin to answer...

**AGAIN.... I'm NOT arguing the TD so get that outta your head .... AND, if there is a problem on here that any of you have, all you have to do is send a PM and it will be looked into. I am not on every thread as stated earlier and do not have the ability to KNOW where the abusive posts are. LET ME KNOW and I will assist you!

Seeing as my objectivity has been questioned... I think I'll throw this in... NOT only am I there for every single practice, I have watched the freshmen and JV play quite a few games this season. I am there every day, and although I don't attend away games for the freshmen and JV, I have been at each home game. I have bold statements I could make myself about a few things but I will keep them to myself. These are kids! I've said it before and I'll say it again... they are NOT---NFL players! When they get paid to play, then we can talk all the smack we wanna talk about them... and by this statement, I'm not condoning the hit on Jude. I may have to go watch that one on ihigh or whatever that website is....I can promise you one thing... it will be handled although it was called a what.... personal foul?
NOW, I THINK I am done with this thread with the exception of editing and deleting what needs to be done. All I ask is you keep it clean and if you have a problem with ME, send it in a PM and we can deal with it from there, NOT in open forum!

But you did state when you edited IRISH4's post that "it was an uncalled for post that 1) had nothing to do with the game and 2) was debatable." Is that not what you personally quoted,as the reason for the edit? As you see it was not an uncalled for post and it did deal directly with the game and it obviously was not debatable. Both cases being confirmed by fellow Belfry fans own posts as well as a multitude of other JC and other totally unbiased posters.

That seemed be exactly what the implication was, as nobody ever made mention that it was in any way a questionable call until you did.

Anyway, good luck to Belfry in the post season as I feel they are a quality, well coached team directed by and cheered by folks of genuine integrity. It's just the unfairness (created by obvious biasness) of not being allowing to talk about all aspects of the game that got everyone inflamed.

Again, good luck Belfry in the post season opening round.
The cheap shot was bad and it takes a great amount of disiplin to keep your cool in that situation. There were several kids who wanted to retaliate. We had a game earlier in the season where the same kind of things happened (Bell) and JC was killed with crutial penalties. I think this was a sign of the maturity our team has gained over the season and the reason we are getting better every week.

As for how the kid from Belfry is handled, I personally have coached against the kid who did it and although he plays very hard I have never seen him do anything like that before. To call his coach and staff out for a suspension is a little extreme. It was bad judgement buy a kid. Haywood is a great coach who will deal with it as he sees fit and that is good enough for me. After the game JJ and Gary shook hands and let it go, that's what I think needs to be done now.

Belfry is in the same shape as we are when it comes to trying to get games for our freshmen and JV and I hope the two programs can continue to help each other get better and build a heated but cival rivalry.
Belfry0304 Wrote:JJ Jude is a machine. Love to have that kid in Pond Creek. I've heard around that he moved to Johnson County as a younger kid, and originally was from the Inez area. Can you imagine Jude and KP Skyles in a backfield together?! JK Hall is also a very underrated player, could take them far in the playoffs. I'd love to see them beat Highlands, it could be the year!

My only question is: Isn't hurdling players in high school football in KY illegal? I remember seeing a video on Yahoo News where a player hurdled another in KY and a flag was thrown and it said in the description it was a penalty in KY. JK Hall did it a few times. Not that I mind, it made no difference in the thumping we received.

Hey Jude and Skyles in the backfield togethor would have been awesome, but it didn't happen. Congrats to Matney and the Eagles. I have known for many years what it means to Matney when Belfry comes to town and now you have a team that can lay some hurtins on them. Also, hurdling is illegal but not often penalized. I saw it on SO one night that they use to show them as highlights but couldn't anymore since finding out it was illegal.
Bob Seger Wrote:But you did state when you edited IRISH4's post that "it was an uncalled for post that 1) had nothing to do with the game and 2) was debatable." Is that not what you personally quoted,as the reason for the edit? As you see it was not an uncalled for post and it did deal directly with the game and it obviously was not debatable. Both cases being confirmed by fellow Belfry fans own posts as well as a multitude of other JC and other totally unbiased posters.

That seemed be exactly what the implication was, as nobody ever made mention that it was in any way a questionable call until you did.

Anyway, good luck to Belfry in the post season as I feel they are a quality, well coached team directed by and cheered by folks of genuine integrity. It's just the unfairness (created by obvious biasness) of not being allowing to talk about all aspects of the game that got everyone inflamed.

Again, good luck Belfry in the post season opening round.

Wear it out... talk away... Just remember if you have a problem WITH ME, send it in PM or if you make a rule violation, you will be called on it!
As for being biased... I'm exactly as you are with JC... Smile ONLY, I'm not applauding the "hit" (which BTW, was called a personal foul) nor the loss we took.....As far as questioning the call, I wasn't... I did however "hear" that Williams WAS in on the TD and that came from a JC fan who was standing in sight to see it... I didn't question it... As if it would have made a difference in the game??? NOT! Again, Kudo's to JC on the win!!!
Have a nice day!!!

Another thing, for all you Eagle fans, thanks for being so classy and good fans. I love coming to JC. On the way out, not only did the older fans tell us good game (which is expected) groups of students were also. No bragging or anything, and the same respect was given in '08. Great group of people.
The late hit was definately uncalled for, emotions run high and things like this happen. You can call it a personal foul or whatever, being penalized 15 yards hardly would of made up for ending a players career, not to mention the ref that was knocked on his rear. PHS maybe you should go to the ihigh site and watch the same game that everyone else watched. Good Luck to Belfry and Good Luck to the JC Eagles the rest of the way!
Eagle_Fan442 Wrote:The late hit was definately uncalled for, emotions run high and things like this happen. You can call it a personal foul or whatever, being penalized 15 yards hardly would of made up for ending a players career, not to mention the ref that was knocked on his rear. PHS maybe you should go to the ihigh site and watch the same game that everyone else watched. Good Luck to Belfry and Good Luck to the JC Eagles the rest of the way!

Yep, was standing about 15 feet from it but was turned around because of the cannon... LOL... I did see the ref pickin himself up and witnessed a few others things as well!! hahaha... Smile I'm not disputing the hit.... not what so ever... but as stated above, by a JC fan, that is totally NOT like that young man to do that type of stuff. Basically he is a great kid and athlete who holds his composure very well....

lol, the kid took the ref out as well?

Anyone else think that JC can do wonders with their jersey's? I hate the ones they have now, that color scheme is great tho.
Congrats JC
Great win for the Eagles, you are peaking at the right time! Playing the hard schedule early is paying off nicely now. We once dreamed of beating Belfry and now it is just one more game on the schedule. Belfry has a great team and tradition and will go along way in the playoffs, but Eastern Kentucky Football is improving and Belfry has much more competiton now.

JC celebrate, but keep up the hard work and lets go win one game at a time. We are going for what really counts now.
I had not seen a high school football game all year. I saw three quarters of this game and this is what I noticed. I may be incorrect in this matter but anyway here goes: It seemed that the Jude kid had been taken to the edge all night long by the Pirates. What I am saying is that he appeared to be pushed to invoke a response that seemed intent on getting him tossed. Just a lot of little things that happen between players in a game. Then I get on here and find there was evidently an incident that happened after I left. I don't know but I figure both coaches are Pros. and will take care of business.
When I read the score of the game in the LHL Saturday morning I wasn't overly surprised. JC is peaking and Belfry's weaknesses simply don't match up to what JC does best, but now that I get to read about the game I am shocked by certain actions.

I havent watched the replay yet, but Buc-a-roo and bucslover have proven time and time again that they can put the bias aside and speak freely, I will blindly echo their statements.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:When I read the score of the game in the LHL Saturday morning I wasn't overly surprised. JC is peaking and Belfry's weaknesses simply don't match up to what JC does best, but now that I get to read about the game I am shocked by certain actions.

I havent watched the replay yet, but Buc-a-roo and bucslover have proven time and time again that they can put the bias aside and speak freely, I will blindly echo their statements.

where was you friday, i tried to fill your shoes but couldnt,lol
cuppett777 Wrote:where was you friday, i tried to fill your shoes but couldnt,lol

Homecoming at EKU and Keeneland.. good weekend..lots of driving though HAHA
Losing sucks!!!

EKU, thanks.

As far as the deleting posts discussion goes, maybe you guys should consider not moderating threads that involve your home school. You can avoid the black eye by just letting another moderator handle things.
Buc-a-roo Wrote:Losing sucks!!!

EKU, thanks.

As far as the deleting posts discussion goes, maybe you guys should consider not moderating threads that involve your home school. You can avoid the black eye by just letting another moderator handle things.

:Thumbs:
Buc-a-roo Wrote:Losing sucks!!!

EKU, thanks.

HEY.... I told them to go for it...Talk trash all they want!!! ...... I just don't wanna hear no belly-aching when things get outta hand... Don't get me wrong, I'll delete, modify, or edit anything that has NO BUSINESS being on here and from now on, if it's outta line and warrants a warning or infraction, believe me, it will be given. So once again, have a free for all but be reminded, there are rules that go along with the site and as long as they are followed, we'll have no problems!

I also heard the fans were sparse on the Belfry side .What's UP ?
Really, all you said was give it if you get it,so you really are acting just as bad as the cheap shot player by saying this.Things like this happen ALL the TME and everywhere and THE WINNER is always the one who walks AWAY..Just my opinion as a Coach,parent, fan,parent of a coach and oh yeah,most importantly a HUMAN BEING.[ This is directed to Black Gold]
phs1986 Wrote:HEY.... I told them to go for it...Talk trash all they want!!! ...... I just don't wanna hear no belly-aching when things get outta hand... Don't get me wrong, I'll delete, modify, or edit anything that has NO BUSINESS being on here and from now on, if it's outta line and warrants a warning or infraction, believe me, it will be given. So once again, have a free for all but be reminded, there are rules that go along with the site and as long as they are followed, we'll have no problems!

I think you totally missed my point.

The rules are good and should be enforced a whole lot more than they are now in my opinion. What I was saying was since you get slammed for being bias when you moderate a Belfry thread, then maybe you should consider not moderating Belfry threads. You can moderate other threads and let someone else moderate the Belfry threads. That way there isn't any perception of impropriety. Understand what I mean now?
asecret Wrote:I also heard the fans were sparse on the Belfry side .What's UP ?

The crowd was really thin on both sides for this series I thought. Belfry side was down quite a bit, not the 25% somebody suggested, but not nearly what it usually is.

The JC side had a ton of empty seats too, which surprised me. I expected a really good crowd but it was nothing like that.
Buc-a-roo Wrote:I think you totally missed my point.

The rules are good and should be enforced a whole lot more than they are now in my opinion. What I was saying was since you get slammed for being bias when you moderate a Belfry thread, then maybe you should consider not moderating Belfry threads. You can moderate other threads and let someone else moderate the Belfry threads. That way there isn't any perception of impropriety. Understand what I mean now?

Nope, didn't miss your point! Got it loud and clear!!

asecret Wrote:Really, all you said was give it if you get it,so you really are acting just as bad as the cheap shot player by saying this.Things like this happen ALL the TME and everywhere and THE WINNER is always the one who walks AWAY..Just my opinion as a Coach,parent, fan,parent of a coach and oh yeah,most importantly a HUMAN BEING.[ This is directed to Black Gold]

Are you sure this happens all the time because i have seen 12 HS football games this year (100's in lifetime)and this was a first for me at the high school level. I didn't say someone should have taken a cheap shot also or hurt someone seriously. All i said was it is a game of physicality, aggressiveness, and emotion and if someone tries to hurt one of your stars you can't sit back and so thats okay and hug and makeup. You can do it cleanly on the field while making your point. So ASECRET please keep being a Coach,parent, fan,parent of a coach, and a humanitarian and leave the rest to other people. Bono needs all the help he can get.
Bleed Black&Gold Wrote:First off let me just say that after the experience I have had the last couple years with Belfry I hope they never win another game. Obviously not gonna happen but after watching and hearing cowardly coaches, fans, and players from Belfry the last couple years i will never cheer for them like i used to since they were a mountain team. If a JC kid would have laid down a cheap shot like what DID happen he would possibly be kicked off of a Matney team and at least suspended. Don't expect that from the Belfry staff. Just wish our team at JC was a little more aggressive. Not that i would want a starter out for round one of the playoffs but someone who was in late should have made it known that JC will not allow those type actions against not just a star player but any player on our roster. If this would have been the JC team from a couple years ago this would have been an issue that was taken care of on the field. That would be good in a way and bad in a way as well. Proud our players kept their cool during handshakes however. IMO you win as a team, lose as a team and take cheap shots as a team. I would hope that if one of our players took an unprovoked cheap shot like that our team leaders would have stepped up and did the right thing. Finally vented about this even though i tried to stay silent now i am just waiting for a warning from phs1986.

Well, then you must not have been at the 2008 JC/Belfry game @ JC..when, at the main end of the game, a JC player took an extremely cheap shot at a Belfry player (Andrew Elkins, to be exact), in front of the JC coaching staff, and Matney DID NOTHING ABOUT IT!! There is video evidence and I'm sure a few people can back me up on this. So, do not hold him on such a high pedestal, and pretend that the JC coaching staff has any better morals than anywhere else. ALL CHEAP SHOTS ARE UNCALLED FOR but at the same token let's remember that these are kids which have very short fuses and haven't really learned to control emotions like we, the ADULTS, are suppose to know how to do!!

I would like to congratulate Johnson Central on the win and wish them the very best in the playoffs.
Could anyone tell me why the one coach from Belfry would not shake hands after the game. Also why Haywood did not pull the player off the field that took the cheap shot as soon as it happened. That is when things could have got worse but Matney pulled Jude off the field and the JC players were under control.I seen several no calls that night from late hits from Belfry where JC players got up and walked off with no short tempers.On this game night one coach had control of his team and one didn't.

Good luck the rest of the year!