Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just How Good?
How good is Bell County and Boyle County right now? Are they on a crash course to meet in the semi (CHAMPIONSHIP GAME) finals again? I know both are running through people. Boyle still has a tough group coming in with the Jessamines and Christian County, Bell County seems to have 3 cupcakes and pretty much cupcakes until the 4th round of the playoffs. Knox can give them a game but they have to go to the HILTON after a two touchdown loss at Knox. Thoughts?
I think both will meet each other again this year. Bell Co has done had their 3 hard games over with. Knox Central, Johnson Central, and Soddy Daisy.

Usually the team that plays at home for State Semi wins.
after seeing both of these teams play, I can say that Bell is CLEARLY better than Boyle. With the potential of this game being played at Bell (its going to be at Bell, I'm just not sure who they will be playing just yet) I would say its Bell Co all the way. Im not sure they will play a close game the rest of the year including the playoffs.
RebzHouse Wrote:How good is Bell County and Boyle County right now? Are they on a crash course to meet in the semi (CHAMPIONSHIP GAME) finals again? I know both are running through people. Boyle still has a tough group coming in with the Jessamines and Christian County, Bell County seems to have 3 cupcakes and pretty much cupcakes until the 4th round of the playoffs. Knox can give them a game but they have to go to the HILTON after a two touchdown loss at Knox. Thoughts?

I'm not sure you can say that.

The last two years the two teams have played championship caliber games in the semi-finals but the Title games both years have also been close, hard hitting, tough wins for both Bell and Boyle. To say the Title game is vs them isn't really accurate for the last 2 years as the West Side of the bracket has come to play both times. :Thumbs:
ol ball coach Wrote:after seeing both of these teams play, I can say that Bell is CLEARLY better than Boyle. With the potential of this game being played at Bell (its going to be at Bell, I'm just not sure who they will be playing just yet) I would say its Bell Co all the way. Im not sure they will play a close game the rest of the year including the playoffs.

I would say the Christian County game will be a good barometer for the Rebels to say how close they are to Bell. The Colonels are as athletic as any team you are likely to meet (including Bell) and if the Rebels defeat them it might show that they've improved enough in the year to compete with the Bobcats. :Thumbs:
Boyle county is great.
However, a lot of football is left to be played and not many teams are on a crash course to win anything big.
zaga_fan Wrote:Boyle county is great.
However, a lot of football is left to be played and not many teams are on a crash course to win anything big.

I have to agree with you. There is alot of football left.
ol ball coach Wrote:after seeing both of these teams play, I can say that Bell is CLEARLY better than Boyle. With the potential of this game being played at Bell (its going to be at Bell, I'm just not sure who they will be playing just yet) I would say its Bell Co all the way. Im not sure they will play a close game the rest of the year including the playoffs.

who did you see both teams play?
I think that everyone is set for a clash of the titans between Bell and Boyle. If these two teams played each other 10 times you could about guarantee a split. Turnovers will be the deciding factor in this forthcoming royal rumble.
Bell is the best team in 4A this year. I said the same thing last year about Boyle
I saw Bell vs Knox and Boyle vs Catholic, I saw both teams play earlier, but these were the last 2 games I saw each play.
Boyle is the defending champs and are the favorite to win. Bell will have to continue to improve in order to have a chance. Boyle can just rest on their achievements and watch the bald rotund coach dance around in the locker room.
Hatz Wrote:I'm not sure you can say that.

The last two years the two teams have played championship caliber games in the semi-finals but the Title games both years have also been close, hard hitting, tough wins for both Bell and Boyle. To say the Title game is vs them isn't really accurate for the last 2 years as the West Side of the bracket has come to play both times. :Thumbs:

They might come to play but the fact is it always ends in a loss.. As a matter a fact the last 5yrs the state has came from the East side (4A & 3A)..

Best teams of winning it right now is...(and reasons for winning)

Boyle County (Lamar Dawson is a man child)
Bell County (Dudley Hilton)
Knox County (D-Line and my cuz Wayne Mills)
tehot05 Wrote:They might come to play but the fact is it always ends in a loss.. As a matter a fact the last 5yrs the state has came from the East side (4A & 3A)..

Best teams of winning it right now is...(and reasons for winning)

Boyle County (Lamar Dawson is a man child)
Bell County (Dudley Hilton)
Knox County (D-Line and my cuz Wayne Mills)

Just like the loss that Boyle felt in '08 and Bell in '09. So where's the logic to your rebuttal? How does both teams losing a close game make one better than the other??? Confused?
hatz Wrote:just like the loss that boyle felt in '08 and bell in '09. So where's the logic to your rebuttal? How does both teams losing a close game make one better than the other??? Confused?

the loss is from the west teams!!!
tehot05 Wrote:the loss is from the west teams!!!

Okay, let's see if I can make my point more simply.

In 2008 Boyle lost to Bell 17-15.
Bell beat Bullit East 15-13.

In 2009 Bell lost to Boyle 13-10.
Boyle beat Lone Oak 42-39 in OT.

Now, this is the statement that was made: Are they on a crash course to meet in the semi (CHAMPIONSHIP GAME) finals again?

The inference I drew was that the semi-final game is the "Real Championship Game."

My point was/is that you can't really draw that conclusion out of the last two years. See the scores above. How can the loser of the East Side of the Bracket really claim that they are the true "2nd best" or that the "real title game" was played a week earlier. Lone Oak and Bullitt East both have as much a claim as Boyle or Bell those years.

You stated: They might come to play but the fact is it always ends in a loss..

While you might cite that as the case 3, 4 or 5 years ago - the last two years that has not been the case as the scores above show. Yes, the West side lost both, but they did not lose any worse than the East Side runner-up. One break would have changed both title games. It's not some vast superiority the last two years by any stretch at all. Look, I'm a Boyle grad, but to say that Bell was somehow better than Lone Oak, or Boyle was better than Bullit East can't be claimed easily by either school. That's the only point I'm trying to make. Geez.
I agree that the State Semi Game this year will be the State Championship again for the 3rd straight year as well. In 2008 Boyle Co would had beaten Bullitt East, and in 2009 Bell Co would had beaten Lone Oak.

Bell and Boyle Co's are the cream of the crop in 4A.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I agree that the State Semi Game this year will be the State Championship again for the 3rd straight year as well. In 2008 Boyle Co would had beaten Bullitt East, and in 2009 Bell Co would had beaten Lone Oak.

I don't know if Bell could have beaten Lone Oak or not. They looked awful good in the Championship game. I am a HUGE Bell fan and I can't say that we got beat by Boyle last season and that is as far as we got.
I havnt seen either play this year but id say when they do meet in the semi's it will be a close one...with davenport for bell, but if boyle's D cant stop Davenport it will be a long night for Boyle.
Amped 88 Wrote:I don't know if Bell could have beaten Lone Oak or not. They looked awful good in the Championship game. I am a HUGE Bell fan and I can't say that we got beat by Boyle last season and that is as far as we got.

My thoughts exactly. :Thumbs:
Lone Oak made a heck of a showing in the Championship game last season should have won but chocked it away
Hatz Wrote:Okay, let's see if I can make my point more simply.

In 2008 Boyle lost to Bell 17-15.
Bell beat Bullit East 15-13.

In 2009 Bell lost to Boyle 13-10.
Boyle beat Lone Oak 42-39 in OT.

Now, this is the statement that was made: Are they on a crash course to meet in the semi (CHAMPIONSHIP GAME) finals again?

The inference I drew was that the semi-final game is the "Real Championship Game."

My point was/is that you can't really draw that conclusion out of the last two years. See the scores above. How can the loser of the East Side of the Bracket really claim that they are the true "2nd best" or that the "real title game" was played a week earlier. Lone Oak and Bullitt East both have as much a claim as Boyle or Bell those years.

You stated: They might come to play but the fact is it always ends in a loss..

While you might cite that as the case 3, 4 or 5 years ago - the last two years that has not been the case as the scores above show. Yes, the West side lost both, but they did not lose any worse than the East Side runner-up. One break would have changed both title games. It's not some vast superiority the last two years by any stretch at all. Look, I'm a Boyle grad, but to say that Bell was somehow better than Lone Oak, or Boyle was better than Bullit East can't be claimed easily by either school. That's the only point I'm trying to make. Geez.

Well we all appreciate your thoughts, yea you might be right Bell may have not beat Lone Oak last year, but what i am saying is its been a proven fact if you win the state-semi finals in the east, bet your paycheck on the EAST TEAM to win State.. ("same ole story this year!!")
Pigskinman53 Wrote:Lone Oak made a heck of a showing in the Championship game last season should have won but chocked it away

yes they did.
Both years the teams that were beat by Bell and boyle made good showings in the championship. I cold understand if last season Boyle beat beat Bell by 3 and then smashed Lone Oak 30 points in the chanpionship, but it seems to me all 3 teams were pretty even last year.
I think a lot of this stigma against WKY schools in 4A is due to the smashing Lone Oak took at the hands of LexCath in 2007. It was that bad that it has clouded our judgment of WKY football in class 4A.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:I think a lot of this stigma against WKY schools in 4A is due to the smashing Lone Oak took at the hands of LexCath in 2007. It was that bad that it has clouded our judgment of WKY football in class 4A.

I agree with what you're saying so don't think I'm disagreeing with you on this one. BUT, I'm willing to bet the winner of the East Semis takes the trophy back home with them. The odds are definitely in their favor. I do however know, there's no such thing as a sure bet.
I've seen Boyle play early in the season against Franklin County at the Bob Allen Pigskin Classic and of course saw Bell whip up on us this year with the running back, Davenport. In comparing an early season game to Bell later in the season, I'd say that even though they are similiar in line play....Bell has more speed in the secondary and backfield. The Dawson kid is awesome on D, but, with the him as the exception I feel that there won't be many teams capable of stopping the Davenport kid of Bell if he has a blocking back in front of him. Hilton's kid is also an excellent linebacker for Bell (to counter the argument of Dawson being the scale tipper for Boyle) and my overall take on it....based on the two games I saw...is Bell would probably top Boyle. Last year, I would have swung the other way based on seeing Rees McShara break out against us in the same Classic in the second half. Of course, there is only one way this argument will be settled........that being up to both teams to get to that point. Better get to the point this year as there won't be a next year unless French and Hilton decide they'd like to get together during the regular season.
papagrit Wrote:I've seen Boyle play early in the season against Franklin County at the Bob Allen Pigskin Classic and of course saw Bell whip up on us this year with the running back, Davenport. In comparing an early season game to Bell later in the season, I'd say that even though they are similiar in line play....Bell has more speed in the secondary and backfield. The Dawson kid is awesome on D, but, with the him as the exception I feel that there won't be many teams capable of stopping the Davenport kid of Bell if he has a blocking back in front of him. Hilton's kid is also an excellent linebacker for Bell (to counter the argument of Dawson being the scale tipper for Boyle) and my overall take on it....based on the two games I saw...is Bell would probably top Boyle. Last year, I would have swung the other way based on seeing Rees McShara break out against us in the same Classic in the second half. Of course, there is only one way this argument will be settled........that being up to both teams to get to that point. Better get to the point this year as there won't be a next year unless French and Hilton decide they'd like to get together during the regular season.

John Dudley does a excellent job of being the lead blocker for Davenport. JD has gotten alot stronger as well.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I agree that the State Semi Game this year will be the State Championship again for the 3rd straight year as well. In 2008 Boyle Co would had beaten Bullitt East, and in 2009 Bell Co would had beaten Lone Oak.

I agree! :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON