Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region 2010/11
redskinmama Wrote:how can he get eligible

He only played summer ball with them.Didn't transfer
Againstme! Wrote:either way i still say wolfe will be at the top of the 55th

I say top of the 14th.Wait and see.
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:I say top of the 14th.Wait and see.
If gilbert is back they may be at the top of the 55th district. They WILL not beat KNOTT, HAZARD or PCC and you can bet $$$ on that. I will agree that they will be in the hunt for a regional championship in a couple of years, just not know. I like the gilbert kid as good as anyone and if he's back, he will be the best freshman in the 14th region.

now bubby no reason to get carried away. myself i have never liked wolfe but i am giving them support this year because they have a good team. i just dont see them beating PCC or Hazard for the top of the 14th. now i might be wrong i'll be watching them this year, and they might change my mind, but common have you seen who is playing for PCC, Hazard, and Knott.

Cmon bub, you know thats out of the realm of possibility.
If Denny takes the job at cordia, in 2 years, he'll have them at the top of the region.
WALL2WALL Wrote:If Denny takes the job at cordia, in 2 years, he'll have them at the top of the region.

Talk about pressure? Or is that just a Rediculously Bold statement?
Aslan Wrote:Cmon bub, you know thats out of the realm of possibility.

i agree with aslan on this one.
goodguy Wrote:[/B]

I just have wishful thinking. But I do believe he'll have them at the top of this region if he would stay for a while.
WALL2WALL Wrote:I just have wishful thinking. But I do believe he'll have them at the top of this region if he would stay for a while.

Cordia will be a tough school if they keep getting good players like Bo-Z.. He will be the talent in good ole' Knott Co. to be looking at.. Keep your eye on this kid, he is no joke.
goodguy Wrote:[/B]

The 14th has lost a lot of players, don't be surprised if one of the quiet schools comes around this season and bites a bigger one in the ***.

On the topic of Matt Day, he is definitley one of the best players in the region, but IMO not the best all around. The only reason he will be put in the ranks is because of buckhorns innability to surround him with other solid/good players. Don't get me wrong, he's a good player, but his jump shot isn't what it is compared to other guys in the region. Yeah, he can get boards and score willingly, but he's missing shooting. When Buckhorn meets PCC in the region, I look for Dillon and his younger brother to make him a non-factor and possibly hold him to around 10-12 pts.
Ballers Wrote:The 14th has lost a lot of players, don't be surprised if one of the quiet schools comes around this season and bites a bigger one in the ***.

On the topic of Matt Day, he is definitley one of the best players in the region, but IMO not the best all around. The only reason he will be put in the ranks is because of buckhorns innability to surround him with other solid/good players. Don't get me wrong, he's a good player, but his jump shot isn't what it is compared to other guys in the region. Yeah, he can get boards and score willingly, but he's missing shooting. When Buckhorn meets PCC in the region, I look for Dillon and his younger brother to make him a non-factor and possibly hold him to around 10-12 pts.

I dont think they can hold him to 10 or 12 pts, but I dont think Buckhorn cant beat them. Day may have his way as far as scoring, but it will take more than that. If Day has worked on his shooting, handles and back to the basket game, he is a small D1 player cause of his size. I think they lost alot more than people think last year. Stidham and Colwell took alot of pressure off him.
bdub Wrote:I dont think they can hold him to 10 or 12 pts, but I dont think Buckhorn cant beat them. Day may have his way as far as scoring, but it will take more than that. If Day has worked on his shooting, handles and back to the basket game, he is a small D1 player cause of his size. I think they lost alot more than people think last year. Stidham and Colwell took alot of pressure off him.

Stidham was his wing man.. When they lost him, they lost all hope sir. And as for the 10-12 pts.. I'll give him 14 tops.. Hide and watch.
bdub Wrote:I dont think they can hold him to 10 or 12 pts, but I dont think Buckhorn cant beat them. Day may have his way as far as scoring, but it will take more than that. If Day has worked on his shooting, handles and back to the basket game, he is a small D1 player cause of his size. I think they lost alot more than people think last year. Stidham and Colwell took alot of pressure off him.

D1 players that play with their back to the basket are 6'8" and above. He can score at will against teams that are small and not very athletic, but I've also seen him play in Lexington at KBA against some teams with size and athleticism and he had a real hard time scoring. He doesn't shoot above his head, it's somewhere just above his chest. He doesn't handle the ball good enough to be a guard and doesn't shoot good enough from the wing to be a 3.

Not knocking him; I do think he can play DIII and maybe NAIA, but IMO that's as high as he goes. We will see this spring where he ends up. I hope he has a very good senior season.:Thumbs:

Day is NOT Division 1 material.....
zaga_fan Wrote:Day is NOT Division 1 material.....

no he is not.
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:He only played summer ball with them.Didn't transfer

My sources tell me that Gilbert is in school at Scott Co. and attending open gym.
goodguy Wrote:My sources tell me that Gilbert is in school at Scott Co. and attending open gym.

thats not what i heard but i will dig deeper to find out.
goodguy Wrote:My sources tell me that Gilbert is in school at Scott Co. and attending open gym.

I would say you have pretty good sources because I know for a fact he played with them this past weekend.
Estill should be pretty good this year. They return all contributing factors from last year eventhough it wasnt a good year. Their projected starters are Doty, Birchfield, Roberts, Abernathy, and Berryman with a good bench in Muncie, Morris, Evans, and shooters in Case and Baber. Doty is 6'10'' and improving on his game everyday, he will be a force in the region this year. Roberts and Berryman both returning in the backcourt as the leading scorers from a year ago.
bdub Wrote:Pick your top 5 teams in the 14th region for 2010/11!!!!!! Here's mine:

1) Hazard
2) PCC/Knott (hard to say who is 2nd best)
3) Buckhorn
4) Letcher
5) Leslie

1)Hazard
2)Buckhorn
3)PCC
4)Wolfe
5)Letcher
tommy2 Wrote:1)Hazard
2)Buckhorn
3)PCC
4)Wolfe
5)Letcher

i'm kinda having mixed feelings about Wolfe. everyone that i tlk to from wolfe always says man we are gonna have a killer team, and every year i'm not impressed i will have to see it with my own eyes.
without gilbert wolfe will average at best
Againstme! Wrote:now bubby no reason to get carried away. myself i have never liked wolfe but i am giving them support this year because they have a good team. i just dont see them beating PCC or Hazard for the top of the 14th. now i might be wrong i'll be watching them this year, and they might change my mind, but common have you seen who is playing for PCC, Hazard, and Knott.

Obviously not the entire 10 top is on those three teams take a look top 10 is out. Maybe you all should get out every once in awhile.:please: