Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Yeagle - New Offensive Coordinator at Ryle High School
From inside information, it has been reported that former Beechwood coach Mike Yeagle is slated to become the Offensive Coordinator for the Ryle Raiders this upcoming season!

This option became available after Yeagle resigned following Beechwood’s 42-20 loss to Lexington Christian in the second round of the Class A Playoffs.

Ryle High School is a 4A school in district with the likes of Dixie Heights, Boone County, and Conner High School.

Yeagle brings a lot of experience to the Ryle Raiders with 14 seasons coaching while amassing an amazing .870 (181-27) winning percentage including 7 State Championships.

Post away your thoughts!! And remember the site is free if you want to join in on the fun!!
98NCCAlum
This is an incredible pickup for the Raiders! Yeagle has long been considered one of the top coaches in the entire state! 7 State Championships (10 appearacnes) in only 14 seasons is amazing at any level!
Great Scoop, 98. :Clap:

I'm surprised that he would take a step down as an assistant coach.

Anybody else find that odd?
Bat Masterson Wrote:Great Scoop, 98. :Clap:

I'm surprised that he would take a step down as an assistant coach.

Anybody else find that odd?

I found that odd as well. Maybe he still has the love of the game and wants to participate, but just doesn't want to hold all the responsibilities that being a head coach requires as opposed to being a coordinator.
Very interesting...if true Ryle could become a major play in 4A esp. in NKY....I agree great scoop 98.
Thats good new for Ryle if it stays true. He was one heck of a Coach.
The only thing I can say is that I am SHOCKED!

I need a little time to let this one set in.

I am very interested to see how Coach Y deals with the kids at Ryle. They are a little different than the ones at Beechwood. (Beechwood kids are a lot easier to deal with overall).

Also--Coach Y is definitely more of a defensive mastermind as opposed to an offensive genius (he is still pretty good here).

Also--what does this mean for Ryle's coach? Ryle made a huge push to get Yeagle the last 2 times that they had openings for a head coach. Does Yeagle step in if things don't go right?

Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow!
I am glad --------------------------- that I am not Bryson Warner
I am shocked! I would have had him as the head man somewhere. This is a move to get him that position soon I bet.
evillive Wrote:I am glad --------------------------- that I am not Bryson Warner

Wow! evillive making a guest appearance on bluegrassrivals. You will fit in right around here.

As you most likely know--I would be very glad that I am not Warner either. Cooper has tried to get Yeagle the last 2 times the job has been open--and word has it--Yeagle even skipped his first interview for this job--and still got it.

I wonder if the writing is on the wall.
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:Wow! evillive making a guest appearance on bluegrassrivals. You will fit in right around here.

As you most likely know--I would be very glad that I am not Warner either. Cooper has tried to get Yeagle the last 2 times the job has been open--and word has it--Yeagle even skipped his first interview for this job--and still got it.

I wonder if the writing is on the wall.

hillbilly ---- just an observation ... but are you saying that yeagle interviewed with cooper, to be offensive coordinator under warner?
hillbilly ---

do you think that yeagle interviewed with cooper instead of warner for the offensive coordinator position?
hillbilly --- just an observation .....are you saying that yeagle interviewed with cooper and not warner
sorry ... about that double post just figuring things out ... disregard that pm hillbilly
great pick up
hillbilly --- after talking with you on the pm --- i re-read some of your post above and we are totally on the same page ....

how accepting of yeagle will the young raiders be ....

will there be differances of opinion between warner and yeagle and if there is how are the kids going to handle this ....

the more i think of this this could become a very bad situation for all involved ....
evillive Wrote:sorry ... about that double post just figuring things out ... disregard that pm hillbilly

Here is the way it worked (my understanding)

He talked with Warner first (I have heard that the principal put him up to it)
Then he was supposed to interview with the principal--but he missed the appointment
Then he talked with Warner again.
Then he got another shot with the principal

Now here is the kicker--he is starting out as a teachers assistant (even though he is certified. I would assume that this is happening because Ryle doesn't have any positions open right now.
evillive Wrote:hillbilly --- after talking with you on the pm --- i re-read some of your post above and we are totally on the same page ....

how accepting of yeagle will the young raiders be ....

will there be differances of opinion between warner and yeagle and if there is how are the kids going to handle this ....

the more i think of this this could become a very bad situation for all involved ....

I wonder who it will be a bad situation for. The principal proabably likes Coach Y a little more than he would like to admit at this point. Even if it works out like this--I just can't see Yeagle staying at Ryle for all that long. He is a players coach--those kids may worship him like a God--but that gives Warner some issues. If it is vice-versa than Yeagle has issues--and he really doesn't have to put up with those kids attitudes.
Are the people in Union not happy with Warner?
98NCCalum Wrote:Are the people in Union not happy with Warner?

I would be willing to bet that before 2005--they were ready to run him out of Union. This past season may have saved him some grace.

I do know that he was at least the 3rd choice for coach behind Yeagle (who looked at Ryle before--but decided against it) and another person to remain nameless. Also--they were at the point where they had to pick someone (by the time he was hired).

Cooper (the principal) has been pretty open about the fact that he wants Yeagle to take over the program (in the recent past). This could be a way to tie him up--so he is on deck the next time around.
what do you think is in Warner's head?
evillive Wrote:what do you think is in Warner's head?

Probably the same thing that was in heads when we played against him--ROCKS!

No--I am sure he understands that we are kidding there.

For example--this would be like you being the head coach at Bracken County--and wanting me to be the offensive coordinator. It has it benefits and name power--but you also have to keep in mind--I could end up taking your job.

But--I really think that there is something bigger to this one. If not at Ryle--then it is something to keep him busy until next year when a "different" job opens up.
i know what you are alluding to from our talks in the past ... and agree with you .... but only in the sense that you are meaning different as in job at ryle and not different as in another school...
evillive Wrote:i know what you are alluding to from our talks in the past ... and agree with you .... but only in the sense that you are meaning different as in job at ryle and not different as in another school...

Remember Yeagle has had a chance to take that job 2 times in the past (and once during a time while things were not great at Tech).

I am definitely alluding to another school. And--it is a "county" school.
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:Remember Yeagle has had a chance to take that job 2 times in the past (and once during a time while things were not great at Tech).

I am definitely alluding to another school. And--it is a "county" school.
I know what you mean.

I think Yeagle will do a fine job when he takes over at Ryle.

Much better off there IMO than at Conner or Boone or any of the other big NKY schools.
Interesting point, 98.

But--here is a couple more things to think about--

Coach Y has always said that the one place that he would leave Beechwood for (immediately) would be Conner.

And more to that point--the kids at Conner are more of his style of kid. Hard nosed and tough. The Ryle kids are a little too "upidity" for Coach Y. I am not sure if he will have issues with them--but it wouldn't surprise me when he sees the lack of discipline.

I live right by Boone--and I couldn't tell you one thing about any of those kids except that they egg my house when ever they see the "Home of a Tiger" poster on my front door . . . .