Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southwestern 23 Lincoln Co. 14
zebra'seyes Wrote:15-14 was the score when Lincoln let SW score, so that makes it 21-14. The mistake was made in trying to block the 1 point att and letting SW get the 2 which put it out of reach. Should have been 22-14 and then Lincoln would have had a chance!

Although trying to block the PAT was smart thinking. The snap was extremely low and didn't make it to the holder. The holder picked it up and barely made it to the pile on for the score. Lincoln threw a deep ball that was intercepted by SW on their final play on offense if you remember.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:I could care less who he plays and who he doesn't the coaches job is to put the kids in a situation to win. And if you have seen all the stupid plays that have been called throughout this year and last you would be wanting a change too..I'll be the first to tell you the 2 conversions were pulled out of our @$$ we were very lucky to have gotten them. I don't have a problem with any of our coaching staff other than Spencer. The rest of the coaches do a well of a job..Spencer is all about Spencer and to make himself look good. Dale made a huge mistake letting Edwin Allin and Steve Sharpe go. I understand that they didnt see eye to eye on things but thats just part of it. This is my last post on this matter.

Ok, You don't have to like everyone. Do you hear the other garbage that I speak of??? If you have negativity from the fans (dads), they usually talk about it at home and teenage kids have a hard time sorting thru- listen to my coach (right or wrong) or listen to my Dad (right or wrong). A lot of good kids on that team. Just wish the good would shut the negative up.
Trying to block the PAT was not the smart thing, making sure you don't give up the 2 pts is the smart thing to do there! The interception is meaningless!
CAN'T GET RIGHT Wrote:Ok, You don't have to like everyone. Do you hear the other garbage that I speak of??? If you have negativity from the fans (dads), they usually talk about it at home and teenage kids have a hard time sorting thru- listen to my coach (right or wrong) or listen to my Dad (right or wrong). A lot of good kids on that team. Just wish the good would shut the negative up.

Its not only me that has a problem its also about 98% of the fans and parents. No I don't hear the garbage that you speak of. What are you hearing and from who?
zebra'seyes Wrote:Trying to block the PAT was not the smart thing, making sure you don't give up the 2 pts is the smart thing to do there! The interception is meaningless!

It was supposed to be a field goal for the extra point. It wasn't a trick play So yes trying to block the field goal was smart. Williams or Turpen I forget now who was the holder but either way barely got it in the endzone. If the 2 point conversion had failed then no that interception would have meant something but since we did convert your right it was meaningless.
I don't think you get it. Letting SW get the 2 points was the dumb thing to do. They should have let you get the PAT over giving up the 2 points because that only puts SW up 8 points and Lincoln has a chance!
zebra'seyes Wrote:I don't think you get it. Letting SW get the 2 points was the dumb thing to do. They should have let you get the PAT over giving up the 2 points because that only puts SW up 8 points and Lincoln has a chance!

If it was a bad snap on the PAT and a broken play how did Lincoln County screw up? On a bad snap the holders are supposed to try and run their "fire" play. Unless Lincoln was just supposed to stand at the line of scrimmage while Southwestern got themselves together and kick after the bad snap I'm not following your reasoning.
They went all out to block the PAT and so doing left themselves open to letting SW get the 2 point to put the game out of reach. The 1 point did not put the game out of reach! If you are going to let them score a TD then you have to make sure they don't get 2 points!
zebra'seyes Wrote:They went all out to block the PAT and so doing left themselves open to letting SW get the 2 point to put the game out of reach. The 1 point did not put the game out of reach! If you are going to let them score a TD then you have to make sure they don't get 2 points!

I still don't see why you're faulting them for playing normal kick defense on a PAT. With Southwestern already having a 7 point lead it would have made no sense for the Warriors to try a 2 point conversion when a kick would have guaranteed no worse than a tie and was the safer option. If Lincoln would have just sat back and let them kick the Patriots would have had to have scored and gotten a 2 point conversion.

Southwestern had no intention of faking the PAT and going for 2. It was simply a fluke. They rushed the kicker like everyone does in that situation and Southwestern got lucky on a broken play. There was no bad strategy there. Poll 100 coaches on how they'd have played the PAT and I'd be willing to bet the vast majority would go for the block because they know that a fake makes no sense in that situation.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:Well...does a bear crap in the woods?

Ok that still doesn't tell me where you were?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
leecoukfan Wrote:Ok that still doesn't tell me where you were?

HAHAHA yeah I posted that and then went back and read what you has said. I was in the pressbox.
Going for the block is fine but you have to make sure they don't get the 2 points! I saw the play. If 100 coaches play that play that way then I don't want them as my coach. Makes no sense to go all out for a block and leaving yourself open to the other team getting the 2 and putting the game out of reach! Everyone knew it was not going to be a fake and that SW got lucky! You just can not send everyone after the kick there!
If I were you I would focus on PC I am going out on a limb here but I believe you will get plenty of chances against them to work on your extra point defense.
Swforever82 Wrote:If I were you I would focus on PC I am going out on a limb here but I believe you will get plenty of chances against them to work on your extra point defense.

:lmao:
Yeah, I would say both (SW and LC) teams will get to work on PAT defense a lot in those games!
I don't know about this game, But against East Jessamine they got more than lucky. Its on Wazoo.