Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hail Pikeville, Hail Blackcats, Hail Paintsville?
So, this is just to set the record straight. I have been under the impression that it started in Pikeville, but I could be wrong. I know LexCath also does it. But in EKY I thought it was Pikeville. Prestonsburg does their own version of it. And tonight I'm on Facebook, AND apparently now Paintsville is using it. So clearly, Paintsville is not the origin. LexCath may be. But who had it first, Pikeville or Prestonsburg?
Panther Thunder Wrote:So, this is just to set the record straight. I have been under the impression that it started in Pikeville, but I could be wrong. I know LexCath also does it. But in EKY I thought it was Pikeville. Prestonsburg does their own version of it. And tonight I'm on Facebook, AND apparently now Paintsville is using it. So clearly, Paintsville is not the origin. LexCath may be. But who had it first, Pikeville or Prestonsburg?

I've always wondered as well. From what I've been told Pikeville started it, but who knows. I'm not even sure how long Prestonsburg has been doing it.
blackcat Wrote:I've always wondered as well. From what I've been told Pikeville started it, but who knows. I'm not even sure how long Prestonsburg has been doing it.
That is what I have also been told. I just want to settle the debate Lol. Thanks for your input.
I definitely don't know the origin of it, I did know Lexington Catholic did it. I also knew Pikeville did it. Prestonsburg & Paintsville? :please:
I can remember hearing it for the first time, & it was my sophomore year of high school during the Boy's 15th Regional Tournament at Allen Central. It came from an unruly Pikeville crowd. That was more than a decade ago and that's all I can give you.
Paintsville, Pikeville, and Prestonsburg the route 23 rivals as they are known lol all three have done this for a long long time. I'm pretty sure Pikeville started it, Paintsville has quit doing it for the most part nowadays but it is still used every now and then. and Prestonsburg is way to over the top with it.
I was told Pikeville started it in our area too.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I was told Pikeville started it in our area too.

That is where Paintsville got it from. But of course the administrators won't let paintsvilles pep section do it because of the he!! no. So that is why paintsville only recently brought it back.
We never used that chant back in my days at Paintsville. If Paintsville has used it, it's just been in the last few years.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH