Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central 63 Shelby Valley 18
Real Badman Wrote:No lolololololol, I just thought it would be a closer game. I never ever fornever ever expected Shelby Valley to win this game.

:Thumbs:
Pike Central has a solid team, especially offensively.
Skyhawk Wrote:This is the year PCC beats Belfry.

I think I have heard this before...
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I think I have heard this before...

PCC is a young school and we have a new coach so in building our tradition transfers do not hurt us, as we don't have grandkids and great grandkids of former players and students dealing with a transfer taking their spot.

You will never admit it, nor will half the other Belfry faithful but you problems over there at Belfry. I've read it on here and heard it through the grapevine about how parents and kids are tired of transfers coming in and taking kids spots, add to that Belfry just isn't on the level they have been in the past.

Anyways, we shall see on the field.
Skyhawk Wrote:PCC is a young school and we have a new coach so in building our tradition transfers do not hurt us, as we don't have grandkids and great grandkids of former players and students dealing with a transfer taking their spot.

You will never admit it, nor will half the other Belfry faithful but you problems over there at Belfry. I've read it on here and heard it through the grapevine about how parents and kids are tired of transfers coming in and taking kids spots, add to that Belfry just isn't on the level they have been in the past.

The transfer card, seriously? Didn't half of Breathitt County just re-locate to Buckey's Creek?

The reason people are "worked up" at Belfry this year, and the reason they are not on the level they have been in the past, is the same thing and has nothing to do with transfers. It has to do with the young talent on this team who is getting the start instead of upper-classmen.
l
At this current point in the season Pike Central is a better team, but Belfry and PCC don't play until 4 weeks from now and this young Pirate team is getting better and better every week. PCC also has not helped their case with their schedule...any of Belfry opponents leading up to the PCC game could be individually selected as being better then anyone Central has scheduled.

I understand what Chapman is doing with his schedule, and it is accomplishing what he set out to do. He wants to build confidence and a swagger for his team, he is also wanting the fans to see the lopsided final scores and get behind the team, and he is wanting the chance to get his young players some varsity snaps in the blowouts. That is definitely working. But,in the process his team is not being challenged and are not able to evolve.

How will PCC respond when someone hits them in the mouth for the first time this year? How will they respond when a team has an obvious advantage at a critical position? How will they respond when they are suddenly losing or the ball doesn't bounce their way?

Belfry knows those answers as they have experienced it first hand, Central does not.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:The transfer card, seriously? Didn't half of Breathitt County just re-locate to Buckey's Creek?

The reason people are "worked up" at Belfry this year, and the reason they are not on the level they have been in the past, is the same thing and has nothing to do with transfers. It has to do with the young talent on this team who is getting the start instead of upper-classmen.
l
At this current point in the season Pike Central is a better team, but Belfry and PCC don't play until 4 weeks from now and this young Pirate team is getting better and better every week. PCC also has not helped their case with their schedule...any of Belfry opponents leading up to the PCC game could be individually selected as being better then anyone Central has scheduled.

I understand what Chapman is doing with his schedule, and it is accomplishing what he set out to do. He wants to build confidence and a swagger for his team, he is also wanting the fans to see the lopsided final scores and get behind the team, and he is wanting the chance to get his young players some varsity snaps in the blowouts. That is definitely working. But,in the process his team is not being challenged and are not able to evolve.

How will PCC respond when someone hits them in the mouth for the first time this year? How will they respond when a team has an obvious advantage at a critical position? How will they respond when they are suddenly losing or the ball doesn't bounce their way?

Belfry knows those answers as they have experienced it first hand, Central does not.

Not playing the card at all. If you read my post you will see that transfers do not bother us yet, when the school is 40 yrs old, then yes it will because I will have kids that have played there and my grandkids if they stay around will be playing so the tradition would have been built by then.

Belfrys tradition was built on Hatfields, Runyons, Varneys, Smiths, Blackburns, Dotsons, McCoys, not Warrens, Pruitts, Fannins, Wilkerson, Siggers, and whatever Williamson, Matewan, Phelps, and Burch have to offer.

PCC's will be built on what Chapman does. We have a future to write.
There is huge difference, Chapman has rebuilt a team. The coach at Shelby Valley was dealt a royal flush last year when he took the job with the returning talent Valley had. Now it falls on coaching and the results on coaching are evident at Pike central and especially at Shelby Valley. Chapman has done an excellent job and everybody knows SV won on talent last season, it's obvious.
Skyhawk Wrote:Not playing the card at all. If you read my post you will see that transfers do not bother us yet, when the school is 40 yrs old, then yes it will because I will have kids that have played there and my grandkids if they stay around will be playing so the tradition would have been built by then.

Belfrys tradition was built on Hatfields, Runyons, Varneys, Smiths, Blackburns, Dotsons, McCoys, not Warrens, Pruitts, Fannins, Wilkerson, Siggers, and whatever Williamson, Matewan, Phelps, and Burch have to offer.

PCC's will be built on what Chapman does. We have a future to write.

Once again..the "transfers" (and how many transfers do you think they are?) are not what has a few select parents upset.... that card is completely irrelevant. If you haven't noticed this Belfry team is a completely different team since Week 1.You would be hard-pressed to find 5 teams who have improved more since the first game of the year.

Just because one or two parents discovered a website that they could post anonymously that their feelings are hurt because their son isn't playing, doesn't mean a hill of beans. If this is what Central fans are relying on that they should be able to beat Belfry then they are in for a rude awakening. Parents have always been tore up their son isn't starting over "so and so", it's just BGR hasn't always been around so they could hide behind a screen name and vent their frustration.

As you said, so accurately, "we will find out on the field". Until then the fact remains that Belfry has defeated PC every single season since that school has opened, and in at least 3/4 of those years everyone has heard "this is the year" each time. In my personal opinion this is PC's window to get it done, but until that happens we have to fall back on history which tells us that PCC fans should probably temper their enthusiasm.
Skyhawk Wrote:PCC is a young school and we have a new coach so in building our tradition transfers do not hurt us, as we don't have grandkids and great grandkids of former players and students dealing with a transfer taking their spot.

PCC did have transfers coming in taking kids spots as well. Other than that part of your comment I will agree with you.
Why is there still all this talk over transfers? Yes Pike Centrals got a week schedule. If you know Chapman I dont think he planned that. Most all of the games are two year contracts and he didnt get stuck with the best one last year either. The Pike County Bowl is always going to be weak unless they start bringing in better talent.
As for all the Belfry Fans out there Belfry has had a great program for years and its been one of the showcase programs in the mountains. Maybe in ten years Pike Central will start getting mentioned in the same way.
What do I think is going to happen when Belfry plays Pike Central. I look for PCC to win by 10 or less. Yes Belfry always gets better as the seaon goes. But I think PCC will to even though they have not played as hard of a schedule. If you look over the years Belfry has ruled Pike county schools in football. The fans are crazy about there team and have alot of pride in that. On thing Ive noticed is alot of teams are beat before they get to Camm field.
If you look at PCC roster how many of them even know who Belfry is. The Boggs kid played them in middle school and beat them pretty bad if I remember, Holland also beat them in middeschool and highschool, Shouse knocked one of the running backs out of the game over at Camm two years ago and so on and so on. So I dont think the red uniform is going to scare these kids. Also I think Chapman having these kids for two years have paid off and it will show in the next couple of months.:thatsfunn
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Once again..the "transfers" (and how many transfers do you think they are?) are not what has a few select parents upset.... that card is completely irrelevant. If you haven't noticed this Belfry team is a completely different team since Week 1.You would be hard-pressed to find 5 teams who have improved more since the first game of the year.

Just because one or two parents discovered a website that they could post anonymously that their feelings are hurt because their son isn't playing, doesn't mean a hill of beans. If this is what Central fans are relying on that they should be able to beat Belfry then they are in for a rude awakening. Parents have always been tore up their son isn't starting over "so and so", it's just BGR hasn't always been around so they could hide behind a screen name and vent their frustration.

As you said, so accurately, "we will find out on the field". Until then the fact remains that Belfry has defeated PC every single season since that school has opened, and in at least 3/4 of those years everyone has heard "this is the year" each time. In my personal opinion this is PC's window to get it done, but until that happens we have to fall back on history which tells us that PCC fans should probably temper their enthusiasm.

This is my last comment.

We have transfers, we don't care.

You have transfers and try to justify it all different ways. You backfield rotation consist of a kid from Matewan(Pruitt), a kid from Pikeville(Robinson), 2 kids from Williamson(Willis and Warren), 2 kids from Belfry(Runyon and Williams)

If you think its one or two then you must not be in the stands, or even live around Belfry anymore.

How many of your coaches in all sports even played at Belfry? Did they go to war with so and so's dad in 1985? How many of your players parents played at Belfry? How many of you players grew up watching games at Vipperman? How many wanted to be Dewayen Fancisco or Doug Howard?

Or have the parents left sinking ships at the Mingo Co schools to come over and jump on the bandwagon and let money and politics talk, not play on the field.

We may or may not beat you this year, but as Johnson Central and Sheldon Clark has proven the Belfry big red intimidation and mystique is fading fast, and we will beat you sooner rather than later.
Skyhawk Wrote:This is my last comment.

If you think its one or two then you must not be in the stands, or even live around Belfry anymore.

How many of your coaches in all sports even played at Belfry? Did they go to war with so and so's dad in 1985? How many of your players parents played at Belfry? How many of you players grew up watching games at Vipperman? How many wanted to be Dewayen Fancisco or Doug Howard?

Or have the parents left sinking ships at the Mingo Co schools to come over and jump on the bandwagon and let money and politics talk, not play on the field.

We may or may not beat you this year, but as Johnson Central and Sheldon Clark has proven the Belfry big red intimidation and mystique is fading fast, and we will beat you sooner rather than later.

A team has two re-building seasons before what is believed to be perhaps the single greatest wave of talent in school history makes it way up from the Freshman and Sophomore class and suddenly the "big red mystique is fading fast"?

Do you feel Belfry's best players are sitting the bench right now while less qualified players play over them? If so, who?

Pike Central is walking proof that transfer or not, the best players are the ones who are on the field...not who's grandpa used to start. "Politics" is a two way street, as much as you want to argue about starting players with family who did not grow up on Pond Creek, is it not just as unfair to start a kid who may be less talented simply because their uncle used to play for Belfry?

I am sure Coach Chapman took inventory of how many kids had fathers and grandfathers who played for Johns Creek and made sure they had first priority over his Breathitt caravan of players who followed him over.

Belfry is a program built for sustained success. Chapman has benefited from a mass exodus of players from Breathitt/Perry County who followed him over. Belfry will churn class after class of talent up from their feeder program, can PCC expect the same number of transfers every year?

I would much rather have the "big red mystique fade" for two years (which still has them as a top contender for the regional championship) if it meant 3 years of elite level success where they legitimately will be contending for a state title. You want to know why SC and JCHS tripped over themselves for all those years when they played Belfry? It is because beating Belfry was their #1 goal. "This is the year we beat Belfry" was their mission statement every season... sound familiar?
Yes I'm a central fan but I love mountain football. People think on here about tranfers for cantral. But teams do it every year. Pikeville of the 80's did it, Belfry always does it. But nobaody knocks them for it. They are justas many WV plates in the school lot at belfry than Ky. Who cares were these kids come from just let them play ball. Last year Belfrys best player was from Johns Creek they have another kid from Johns Creek there now. Do you blame there parents for the transfer no beacuse theu provided there kids the best place to be noticed. There was two Dotsons there in the early 90's from Johns Creek that went to Belfry. Who cares you guys have a great program and while I played at Central you guys whipped our tails all over the field. all Im saying is dont preach the transfer card when you guys are guilty of it also. Im looking for a good game when you they play outcome doesnt matter to me just dont make it about the transfer card thats all.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:A team has two re-building seasons before what is believed to be perhaps the single greatest wave of talent in school history makes it way up from the Freshman and Sophomore class and suddenly the "big red mystique is fading fast"?

Do you feel Belfry's best players are sitting the bench right now while less qualified players play over them? If so, who?

Pike Central is walking proof that transfer or not, the best players are the ones who are on the field...not who's grandpa used to start. "Politics" is a two way street, as much as you want to argue about starting players with family who did not grow up on Pond Creek, is it not just as unfair to start a kid who may be less talented simply because their uncle used to play for Belfry?

I am sure Coach Chapman took inventory of how many kids had fathers and grandfathers who played for Johns Creek and made sure they had first priority over his Breathitt caravan of players who followed him over.

Belfry is a program built for sustained success. Chapman has benefited from a mass exodus of players from Breathitt/Perry County who followed him over. Belfry will churn class after class of talent up from their feeder program, can PCC expect the same number of transfers every year?

I would much rather have the "big red mystique fade" for two years (which still has them as a top contender for the regional championship) if it meant 3 years of elite level success where they legitimately will be contending for a state title. You want to know why SC and JCHS tripped over themselves for all those years when they played Belfry? It is because beating Belfry was their #1 goal. "This is the year we beat Belfry" was their mission statement every season... sound familiar?
:worthy::rockon::Clap:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:A team has two re-building seasons before what is believed to be perhaps the single greatest wave of talent in school history makes it way up from the Freshman and Sophomore class and suddenly the "big red mystique is fading fast"?

You sir, are a smart man.

The best players should be on the field. If the "legacies", as reffered to in the college recruiting process, work and establish themselves then they won't need to worry about someone taking their spot. To say that someone should play because they are a legacy over a more talented transfer is stupid.