Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County 41 Scott County 26
Final

Huge win for the Tigers!
congrats to CC
Good win for the Tigers. Clay Co is a really good team that just fell short in week 1, I knew they had a chance to win this one.
Wow, this really came as a surprise on paper. That is why you play the game
This will raise a few eyebrows. Congrats Tigers.
How many yards did Hooker have receiving?
Scott Co. 6 14 0 21 41
Clay Co. 6 0 13 7 26
Scoring summary:
SC--Josh Walls 45 pass from Ben Lawlert(kick failed); CC--C.J. Miller 55 run (kick failed); CC--Joey Dezarn 23 pass from John Wilson (Tanner Gilbert pass from Wilson); CC--John Hooker 59 pass from Wilson (kick failed); SC--Marcus Hill 3 run (Jay Willmott kick); SC--Hill 6 run (kick failed); SC--Walls 5 run (Willmott kick); CC-- Noah Reid 38 run (Miller pass from Wilson); CC--Reid 85 pass from Wilson (kick failed); CC--Hooker 45 pass from Wilson (Corey Corrum kick). Records--Clay Co. 1-1, Scott Co. 0-1
More details: Clay County gave up a 14-point lead before righting itself and pulling away for a 41-26 win at Scott County on Friday night.
John Wilson, who threw for 316 yards and four TDs, connected on a 23-yard score to Joey Dezarn and a 59-yarder to John Hooker to give Clay County a 20-6 lead at halftime.
But Scott County ran off 20 straight points to take a 26-20 lead early in the fourth quarter. Marcus Hill ran for two TDs and Josh Walls ran for another to put the Cardinals ahead.
But the Tigers went back in front on a 38-yard rush by Noah Reid. Reid followed that up with an 85-yard TD catch from Wilson, who finished off the scoring with another TD pass to Hooker

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z0xu6GDsCl
Nice win for Clay Co on the road.
After last week, I didn't think Clay Co stood a chance. Nice win for the tigers.
Very nice win for Clay County, I know that this has raised a few eyebrows for sure..
So maybe Clay is alittle better than people expected and Scott is alittle worse?
Clay is a very good team. People are just not used to Knox being good so when we beat somebody they figure that team must be down. No way. Clay's QB, Wilson is one of the best around. Tossed a ball 60 yards on the run against us. And Hooker needs no introduction - he is awesome.

Congrats to a great group of guys getting a huge win! Way to represent the Mountains Clay!!
I agree with you 100% Football..Clay has talent and size. I think Bell, Clay, and Knox will have fun this year to see who plays in the Semis!
Nice win Clay County.
WOW Shocker!!! Congrats Clay County.... This group of seniors were awesome at middle school in both 7th and 8th grade. Glad to see them having success.
Congrats, Clay!