Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How's offshore drilling working out for conservatives now?
Shady Grady Wrote:This may be a little off topic, but it just seems to me that this country as a whole is more concerned about the birds and turtles than all the innocent unborn babies that die every day because they are not wanted. I love birds and wildlife, too, but I love little children whole lot more. As far as the gulf, things happen. What needs to be done is fix the problem to ensure it does not happen again. The answer is not to stop drilling. One thing we don't need is for the middle east to strengthen their hold on us.
Who decides when a baby is a baby, the church?
It appears that the oil spill cleanup has now become a search and find mission. Apparently nearly 40% of the spill has evaporated. I guess the enviro's are ticked off. :biggrin:

Scientists said the rapid dissipation of the surface oil was probably due to a combination of factors. The gulf has an immense natural capacity to break down oil, which leaks into it at a steady rate from thousands of natural seeps. Though none of the seeps is anywhere near the size of the Deepwater Horizon leak, they do mean that the gulf is swarming with bacteria that can eat oil.
[INDENT]The winds from two storms that blew through the gulf in recent weeks, including a storm over the weekend that disintegrated before making landfall, also appear to have contributed to a rapid dispersion of the oil. Then there was the response mounted by BP and the government, the largest in history, involving more than 4,000 boats attacking the oil with skimming equipment, controlled surface burns and other tactics.

Some of the compounds in the oil evaporate, reducing their impact on the environment. Jeffrey W. Short, a former government scientist who studied oil spills and now works for the environmental advocacy group Oceana, said that as much as 40 percent of the oil in the gulf might have simply evaporated once it reached the surface.

An unknown percentage of the oil would have been eaten by bacteria, essentially rendering the compounds harmless and incorporating them into the food chain. But other components of the oil have most likely turned into floating tar balls that could continue to gum up beaches and marshes, and may represent a continuing threat to some sea life. A three-mile by four-mile band of tar balls was discovered off the Louisiana coast on Tuesday.
[/INDENT]http://hotair.com/archives/2010/07/27/ny...n-its-own/

From ABC News.
For 86 days, oil spewed into the Gulf of Mexico from BP's damaged well, dumping some 200 million gallons of crude into sensitive ecosystems. BP and the federal government have amassed an army to clean the oil up, but there's one problem -- they're having trouble finding it.

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/bp-oil-spill-cr...d=11254252
TheRealVille Wrote:You never did show us where a natural secretions, world wide, equaled 500k gallons a day SD. You seem to gotten very quite on this thread.

While surfing through the net I ran across these articles on the Deep Horzion well that has been capped after more than a 100 days, and nearly 210 million gallions of oil leaked into the Gulf.

Approximately 75% of the leaked oil has now disapeared, either by mother nature, pumps, burned off or broken down by dispersants.

According to a Nationnal Academy of Science report 180 million gallons of crude oil naturally seep from the sea floor into the Oceans each year.

Natural Oil Seeps

Oil seeps are underwater cracks in the Earth’s crust that release naked crude oil into the sea. As the graph below illustrates, offshore production accounts for the smallest fraction of petroleum that is leaked into North American waters.

• Natural seepage of crude oil from geologic formations below the seafloor is estimated to exceed 47,000,000 gallons in North American waters and 180,000,000 gallons globally every year. [3]
  • Natural oil seeps are responsible for over 60 percent of the petroleum entering North American waters, and over 45 percent of the petroleum entering the marine environment worldwide. [3]

• Petroleum contamination from oil seeps in North American waters is about 60 times greater than the amount released through oil exploration and production.
http://www.instituteforenergyresearch.or...tal-shelf/

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/201...-on-record
TheRealVille Wrote:Who decides when a baby is a baby, the church?
Maybe you think the government? Do you think that an abortion should be done at 8 months and 29 days? If not at 8 months 28 days, if not 8 months 27 days. I'm sure you get the ideal. At what point does a fetus become a baby. If you have the wisdom to answer this question then you sir are much wiser than me.
TheRealVille Wrote:Who decides when a baby is a baby, the church?

I do know this: Before a woman finds out that she is pregnant, the baby (or fetus as those who deny the existance call it) already has a heartbeat. And to answer your question, I believe His name is God. Anyone who denies that the baby inside a woman is not a living human being just need watch an ultrasound during an abortion. The baby will try to get away from the saline, the tools, whatever method is used. There have even been babies removed from their mother's womb, had surgery performed on them, and put back in the womb. Before jumping to conclusions to defend what is wrong, I would challenge everyone to look at the various stages of development. It is utterly amazing how small the feet and hands are. Oh, yeah, at six weeks the baby already has brain activity. And that is not information from the church.
Getting back on topic, I guess if we should stop drilling because of what happened, then I saw where there was an airplane that crashed in Alaska. I think it's time to abandon all air traffic.
No more drilling in the gulf. We just want a clear sea and better living conditions.
killersneakers Wrote:No more drilling in the gulf. We just want a clear sea and better living conditions.

Frist, they are haveing trouble finding any oil from the spill in the Gulf, and furthermore by banning one of the largest industries in the Gulf region doesn't help the economy which leads to sub par living conditions.