Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2010 considerations for Mr. Football
Bell County's John Dudley Hilton Should Get Consideration for 2010 Mr. Football

I came across and interesting article today on the Lexington Herald website about Boyle County linebacker Lamar Dawson.

In it however, Mike Fields states that Bell County's John Dudley Hilton should get some consideration for the 2010 Mr. Football award putting in to effect his career accomplishments, and I agree!

Here is the excerpt:

For career achievement, Bell County's John Dudley Hilton deserves to be in the Mr. Football conversation. Over the last three years his Bobcats have lost only three games — to Lexington Catholic in 2007, and to Alcoa, Tenn., and Boyle County last year. Those three teams all went on to win state titles.

Hilton was MVP of Bell County's 4A title game victory over Bullitt East in 2008.

The son of Bell County Coach Dudley Hilton, he had more than 100 tackles as a sophomore and 122 last year.

As a running back, he rushed for more than 500 yards and nine TDs last fall. He also did the kicking and long-snapping for the Bobcats.

"He's done just about everything you can do in a high school career," his dad said.

John Dudley, who was a Governor's Scholar this summer, is getting looks from EKU and WKU, but could wind up at West Point.

But this year he is only interested in unfinshed business {BOYLE CO.}
This is true. He plays every position for Bell Co. FB, LB, K, and long snapper. He is a very underated player in the state.
On the Top 50 in State he's the 26....:Thumbs:
Where do you find the info on tops in the state?
http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/15/13927...awson.html

Here's the whole article for anyone who wants to see.

Lamar Dawson is the obvious front runner. Good to see players like John Dudley getting recognition! :thumb:
I think I will wait on the season.:Thumbs:
Dawson is the best player in the state.
his good but not the best
Hilton is very good. But not Mr. Football. The LB for Boyle is not just a little bit better.
i done this is going to turn into about dawson
in is done being consider for mr. football

john dudley needs to be consider in the mist of a great class i dont think theres no kid who works harder
Cats02 Wrote:his good but not the best

Actually what is there that Hilton has done that Dawson has not likewise done?

Dawson also has a State title and a Semi-final appearance.

As many or more tackles.

Scored on offense and even thrown a TD pass.

They are very similar except Dawson probably has more of what Div 1 Scouts are looking for. :Thumbs:
Guys he is not saying Hilton will win the **** thing. Why is it in every thread that mentions Bell Co it turns into a slugfest by other fans? HE SAID Hilton should be CONSIDERED for Mr Football. :thanks:
William Muney Wrote:Dawson is the best player in the state.

We know that. We didnt say Hilton was the best.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Guys he is not saying Hilton will win the **** thing. Why is it in every thread that mentions Bell Co it turns into a slugfest by other fans? HE SAID Hilton should be CONSIDERED for Mr Football. :thanks:

Sorry for the confusion then.

Muney states in post "Dawson is the best player in the state."

Cats follows that post with: "his good but not the best."

That's fine. It's an opinion. We all are on here to share them. But can you see how it looks the opposite of what you are interpreting Cats to say??? :Thumbs:
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Guys he is not saying Hilton will win the **** thing. Why is it in every thread that mentions Bell Co it turns into a slugfest by other fans? HE SAID Hilton should be CONSIDERED for Mr Football. :thanks:

Cats02 turned this into a slugfest by saying that Lamar Dawson is not the best in the state. I beg to differ but enough about that. When it's all said and done, John Dudley will at least be considered for Mr. Football. Let's wish these players a healthy season. :Thumbs:
Lamar Dawson will be Mr Football hands down with ease. He is what the 9th best LB in the Nation and hopefully comes to Kentucky. Hope Mr Chuck Smith is pulling some strings down there in Danville. Wink
Lamar Dawson - Boyle County
Jarrell Moore - Fern Creek
DeMarcus Smith - Seneca

My bet would be that one of these three win the award.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Lamar Dawson will be Mr Football hands down with ease. He is what the 9th best LB in the Nation and hopefully comes to Kentucky. Hope Mr Chuck Smith is pulling some strings down there in Danville. Wink

I sense sarcasm. :eyeroll:

Joking aside. Cory Davenport should be getting some recognition for Mr. Football. He is a great running back.
BoyleCounty Wrote:I sense sarcasm. :eyeroll:

Joking aside. Cory Davenport should be getting some recognition for Mr. Football. He is a great running back.

He's only a Junior and the award is for Seniors only.

Otherwise, I agree totally. He's a beast. :Thumbs:
Hatz Wrote:He's only a Junior and the award is for Seniors only.

You're right. I forgot that he was a sophomore last year. Thanks for the correction.
BoyleCounty Wrote:I sense sarcasm. :eyeroll:

No I was serious. No sarcasm at all.
Hatz Wrote:He's only a Junior and the award is for Seniors only.

If Dudley would leave Davenport in a little longer in blow aways he would have unbelievable stats!
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:If Dudley would leave Davenport in a little longer in blow aways he would have unbelievable stats!

That's the same thing with Rees MacShara last year. If he would have stayed in every game he would have rushed for 4,500 yards. That's no joke.
Conner Hempel for Ryle has all the tools and a fantastic team to help him build great numbers for a winning team
I know I will anger the Bell fans but Hilton is just not good enough to be considered among the absolute elite players in the state. He is a great player who shows some versatility for a linebacker by occassionally running the dive. As a kicker he is good for an extra point and nothing more - does not kick off.

He is likely the best linebacker in 1-4A football. But that is a far cry from the best Senior football player in KY. Part of what gets him recognition is that his father is one of the greatest coaches to ever toot a whistle in KY. While it must be a real blessing for them both - its not a parameter that should be considered or even influence the highest individual award in KY football. (Nor should it be held against him for that matter).

Again, just to be clear - he is an All State LB who will help his team be state champ worthy this year. Awesome player but not Mr. Football material.
Football1 Wrote:I know I will anger the Bell fans but Hilton is just not good enough to be considered among the absolute elite players in the state. He is a great player who shows some versatility for a linebacker by occassionally running the dive. As a kicker he is good for an extra point and nothing more - does not kick off.

He is likely the best linebacker in 1-4A football. But that is a far cry from the best Senior football player in KY. Part of what gets him recognition is that his father is one of the greatest coaches to ever toot a whistle in KY. While it must be a real blessing for them both - its not a parameter that should be considered or even influence the highest individual award in KY football. (Nor should it be held against him for that matter).

Again, just to be clear - he is an All State LB who will help his team be state champ worthy this year. Awesome player but not Mr. Football material.
If it came down to two LB's on my team it would Be Dawson and Hilton and it would be hard to argue that Hilton is not atleast the second best LB in Ky football this year. I watched Dawson last year and man this kid is for real And so is Hilton. Size is what gets Hilton and that is all that hurts him not his game.
Football1 Wrote:I know I will anger the Bell fans but Hilton is just not good enough to be considered among the absolute elite players in the state. He is a great player who shows some versatility for a linebacker by occassionally running the dive. As a kicker he is good for an extra point and nothing more - does not kick off.

Once again we didnt say he would win Mr Football but he will be one of the players on that list this year.

Hilton's Junior year he had 122 solo tackles, 583 yards as a fullback with 9 TD's, 1 Int returned for a TD, and 47 extra points made,