Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Local star commits
Eastern High School standout forward Lyonell Gaines has committed to play basketball at IUPUI, giving the school a verbal commitment on Saturday.

The 6-foot-6 Gaines picked IUPUI over Tennessee-Martin, Jacksonville, Coppin State, Tennessee Tech and Morehead State. He said he also had several Division II offers.

"I like how they get their players better and it's a good program on the rise," Gaines said. "When I went there it just felt like a second home to me."

Gaines went on a visit on Wednesday and said it "just felt right."

Gaines averaged 14 points and seven rebounds a game as a junior for Eastern. He's the second Eastern senior to commit after Kameron Woods committed recently to Butler.

http://jodydemling.courier-journal.com/2...mmits.html
Congrats to Lyonell. Glad IUPUI finally got a good Ky boy. I know they had offered 4 players a scholly from the same AAU team- Shinny stars -Davis, in Knipp, Stenzel, Abell and Gains. Knipp and Stenzel have committed to Eastern and to my knowledge Abell has not committed yet.
Nice
Gold Charger Wrote:Congrats to Lyonell. Glad IUPUI finally got a good Ky boy. I know they had offered 4 players a scholly from the same AAU team- Shinny stars -Davis, in Knipp, Stenzel, Abell and Gains. Knipp and Stenzel have committed to Eastern and to my knowledge Abell has not committed yet.

IUPUI got a good KY boy this past year. Donavon Gibbs from Iriquois is playing there.
Congrats to Lyonell!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON